Getting out during the week

Guest Speedy23

Kudos to van driver who reversed for you.......are you sure that it's a Garmin not a Gravelmin, though? :D And can you get knobblies in Bandit sizes these days?

Nope

Only these

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=guFNqkYtPgj5OuvD.110.1012790880&Breite=180&Quer=55&Felge=17&Speed=V&kategorie=&profil=&Marke=&ranzahl=1&S_Z=&tyre_for=Enduro&x_tyre_for=&F_F=&m_s=1&rsmFahrzeugart=MO&details=Ordern&typ=R-296476

You about on Friday?

Yes......thinking of Church Strettonish way (A49)..... there used to be a good cafe in the market there. Sound like a plan?

Cheers

S23

Sounds OK Where do you fancy meeting? Need to be back home by 3ish as going out about 5

Errr...just done a quick recalc. and I reckon the caff at Quatt is more realistic given your timescale. Agree? (Even if we are power gods.) :D

Cheers

S23

Errr...just done a quick recalc. and I reckon the caff at Quatt is more realistic given your timescale. Agree? (Even if we are power gods.) :D

Cheers

S23

Yes had a quick look, about 4 hours riding time + 1 hour for food means leaving Stratford no later than 10:00.

Quatt is better this week. So where and when do you want to meet?

• 1 month later...

Run out with [mention]Speedy23[/mention] to H's near Oxford.

It was wet :( going.

Drier on the way back though.

Rain notwithstanding, I enjoyed the ride - as JRH said, better on the way back so able to make a bit more progress. @Hoggs : not so wussy now eh? Rain holds no terrors for us......... :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Well did London Gliding Club at Dunstable Downs today......a good mixture of A & B roads, about 110 miles round trip. Food is good and reasonable and cafe has great views of glider flying. You can even have a go if you want. Did my usual trick of going out with no cash.......you guessed it, "sorry sir, we don't take cards"......grrmph! Luckily JRH came to thd rescue with tempirsry losn of a tenner. Some good pubs on the way (and before you ask, no we didn't stop...). Another tick in the book for the Midlands Maniacs! (I'm still trying to work out what Lincs has got to do with it.......not having a go at our mates from that neck of the woods, but "Midlands"? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: )

Thanks [mention]Speedy23[/mention] for leading.

It was an interesting building at the gliding club, and a good lunch to boot, nice and healthy (no fry ups lol)

Still working out the interest to be levied. :lol:

Thanks @Speedy23 for leading.

It was an interesting building at the gliding club, and a good lunch to boot, nice and healthy (no fry ups lol)

......was it free parking??

Never been to a club where it wasn't......... :thumb: (and I've been to a lot...)

Well we did not pay.

Ahhh I think I misread slightly and thought you were at the main visitors centre as apparently they want payment there.

.....what main visitors centre?

Can anyone (with cash :wink: ) go eat at the gliding club?

....and, as I have demonstrated, those without also. ......

Yeah, no problem, they are usually pleased to get visitors so they can lure them into flying.....bear in mind it's usually only the bigger clubs that will have a proper cafe/restaurant - London, Midland, Lasham, Yorkshire, Hus Bos etc. etc. But worth finding out one near to you (go to BGA website) and just give 'em a ring to find out what the score is.

Just be careful to obey any signage re. where to park, prohibited areas etc. (airfields can be dangerous) and if you're interested enough to want to have a look at what's going on, ask at the office first or if there's no-one about find a club member to tske you out there. DON'T go onto the actual airfield alone.

The Dunstsable Downs visitor centre

No not at that visitor centre. As Speedy said it was the gliding club. Think it is the London Glidding Club.