Looking for companion to tour Scotland for 2 weeks

I would like to tour scotland for about 2 weeks starting from leeds stopping at b and bs to old for camping 64 got a BMW r80rt any one interested?

Jem

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to set off on sat 23 or Sunday I intend to go up the east coast to the top and then across to the west side and back down. I will try to report on my progress in case anyone happens to be near and wants some company :cheers: jem

Arrived at Stirling and found a hostel £16.00 a night nice city but difficult to navigate if your GPS is out of juice. Going to make my way over to the east side and then go north tomorrow thankfully on non motorway roads from now on weather couldn't be better :lol: :cheers:

Arrived at Stirling and found a hostel £16.00 a night nice city but difficult to navigate if your GPS is out of juice. Going to make my way over to the east side and then go north tomorrow thankfully on non motorway roads from now on weather couldn't be better :lol: :cheers:

Stirling was the only place I ever got discriminated against for being English, was staying there to watch BSB at Knockhill, me and the Missus went to a nice looking bar and were ignored by the bar staff and verbally abused by some of the customers.

As the Missus was with me we just left.

Had I been on my own it would have been different coz I was younger, fitter and even more stupid !!

Stirling isn't my favourite place in the world either.

I'm heading towards either Skye or Applecross tomorrow on my crossrunner (was planning to take my cx500 but it needs some maintenance) so I might see you on the road.

I stayed at this hostel in Inverness and was pleasantly surprised it was clean well decorated and the staff were very helpful. The last time I stopped there it was a bit of a dump. Then today I made my way upto John'o'groats up the a9 till I could get onto a smaller road it turned out to be a single track road but as staight as a die and no potholes I was able to go at about 60 mph all the way while on this road I came across these 2 cans 1 of which had doors in the side the other seemed to be just a dome built in the stone age am now stopping at a hostel in Thurso [/img]

I will be making my way to the west side tomorrow towards fort William I intend to use it as a Base and go to skye and apple cross although I will only be going down it not up!! :scratch: :cheers:

Made it to skye went via the ferry this time the road to it was good and the view's tarific intended to go to mull so went to oban and stopped for two nights however due to the amount of riding I have done I decided to just potter about oban to recover.

From there I made my way over to Pitlochry for one night and tonight I am in Edinburgh. Undercided where to go to northumbria for a day or two or make my way home tomorrow