2T 49cc Moped Problems... AGAIN

dragonshanley

Looking for any help/advice regards my moped. Basically, yesterday I was going down a hill and decided to rag it a bit. I hit about 45mph, however have gone over 50 in the past so didn't think it would be a big problem. It was quite a hot day which may have contributed. However, the engine cut out and a whisp of white smoke came from under the moped, very small put definitely there. The smoke went away and the bike started up again, and I rather gingerly rode it home. However, now I have noticed that the bike, at 30mph, is now sitting at around 9,000rpm whereas before it was around 7,500 rpm. Past this point the rpm increases exponentially to the point where I used to go 40 at around 10,500rpm max and now it is sitting at around 11,500 at 36-38mph. Also when pulling away it bogs down at around 4,000rpm where it didn't before. I thought this could maybe be a cdi issue but any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Shanley :)

I think you have burned out the centrifugal clutch and it is now slipping hence the higher revs and lower speeds . In other words, transmission problems as previously suggested. A replacement shouldn't be too hard to find or too expensive. I would buy a Chinese cheapy because I have always been quite satisfied with the quality of various bike parts that I have bought. By the way, it would be helpful if you stated what moped you have . I'm guessing it's actually a scooter you're talking about.