Some football match

Bianco2564

Iceland, same population as Aberdeen, are punching even harder than Belgium pound for pound, just for getting to the finals in the first place.

Belgium's population is enough that statistically they will produce a load of very good footballers at one time, that time is now. A while back it was the Czech Republic. Then Denmark, same population as Scotland, won the Euros and they are in the next round.

I enjoy watching the football and the best game of the tournoment so far was France vs Argentina yesterday. That was a great game.

I think England is developing fast and hopefully we,ll see them with France in the final. 8-)

I had to look this up...

England got beaten by that massive footballing superpower: Belgium. :lol:

..who are ranked 3rd in the World!

Population of Belgium: 11million

Population of Uk: 65 million

Must be doing something wrong :scratch:

At the risk of appearing to be interested, apparently they lost deliberately for some reason

At the risk of appearing to be interested, apparently they lost deliberately for some reason

At the risk of giving you a notification for something you give 0 f'ks about it was theoretically as both them and Belgium were through to the next round but whoever lost would get an "easier" team in the next round.

But as we suck we'll just get knocked out by Colombia rather than Japan.

I'm watching the TMBF, far more interesting

someone should hack into the digital advertising boards around the pitch and put something "interesting" on them just to liven things up.

Im still not watching it,yawn

Yeah, I’m sure Eastenders or Corrie are on the other side for you.

It was actually a documentary on how not to throw a game away with one minute to play

This is probably the most footballs been discussed on here, and it's people moaning about how much they're not interested :lol:.

I'm interested beefy lad :thumb:

This Scot who happily supports England (shhhh!) is quietly getting very excited!!!!

Like to see -

Best England preparation for a World Cup, ever. No stupid stuff about WAGS and drinking etc.

Practised penalties.

Clearly got a tactic for corners.

Would like to see -

Danny Welbeck, due to his record of 37 caps and 15 goals, which is a better strike rate than others being used.

Someone who can do decent free kicks.

This Scot who happily supports England (shhhh!) is quietly getting very excited!!!!

Like to see -

Best England preparation for a World Cup, ever. No stupid stuff about WAGS and drinking etc.

Practised penalties.

Clearly got a tactic for corners.

Would like to see -

Danny Welbeck, due to his record of 37 caps and 15 goals, which is a better strike rate than others being used.

Someone who can do decent free kicks.

It was going so well until you suggested Welbeck gets a game :). Not unless we’re 5-0 up against the swedes and I don’t think it’d be so east.

However yes, very exciting times indeed.

I dislike football, for several reasons, but the Mrs watches it as A) her family love it and B) she's able to talk to her kids about it at work (teaches years 6) - watched the second half of the Columbia game and thought it got embarrassing.

I know refs have a hard drive and I don't like to complain about them, but how much nonsense does a ref need to take before having enough?

Also, is this VAR being used consistently?

Also, how is football referred to as a contact sport? :popcorn: