I don't want to mislead anyone or start any arguments and seeing as almost all the replies mentioned the rear brake I gathered that it hit a nerve with a few people.

Oh this lot will argue over the colour of an orange, I wouldn't worry about it :roll:

Yep Hoggs is quite right, one minute you’ll be insinuating the other persons an idiot the next laughing your head off at their posts. Reminds me of fighting with my brothers (the blood relation type not the mc type from another thread) a quick fight followed by a pint.

Anyway what type of orange are we talking that annoying bronzey orange that could be brown? If so count me in, let’s go.... :lol:

I don't want to mislead anyone or start any arguments and seeing as almost all the replies mentioned the rear brake I gathered that it hit a nerve with a few people.

Oh this lot will argue over the colour of an orange, I wouldn't worry about it :roll:

Yep Hoggs is quite right, one minute you’ll be insinuating the other persons an idiot the next laughing your head off at their posts. Reminds me of fighting with my brothers (the blood relation type not the mc type from another thread) a quick fight followed by a pint.

Anyway what type of orange are we talking that annoying bronzey orange that could be brown? If so count me in, let’s go.... :lol:

What about the green, unripe ones?

What about the green, unripe ones?

The green unripe ones? Obviously they deserve police interception and detention for not quite being what they should be, we haven’t got time for them to mature :D

I realize I am now arguing the colour of oranges, but green ones are ripe too. In fact citrus fruits also stay ripe for as long as they remain on the tree, but cannot ripen after being picked.

They only naturally turn orange when the weather turns colder. Then the chlorophyll, which gives the skin its green colour, dies off. As the weather warms up they can turn green again as they are replenished with chlorophyll.

So the colour of an orange is really just a reflection on the climate it was grown in. Although because of the expectation of many people that oranges should have orange skins, exporters from tropical regions may treat them some way (exposed to gas, freezing, etc.) to kill off the chlorophyll and change the colour.

The European words for the colour are named after the fruit.

A ripe green orange is just as sweet as an orange orange. Just as a bright orange seville orange will still be very bitter. It all depends on the variety, the conditions they are grown in, and how ripe they are. But yes, it applies to other citrus fruits and not just oranges. Lemons can be green, and limes can be yellow, and still taste as you would expect.

A ripe green orange is just as sweet as an orange orange. Just as a bright orange seville orange will still be very bitter. It all depends on the variety, the conditions they are grown in, and how ripe they are. But yes, it applies to other citrus fruits and not just oranges. Lemons can be green, and limes can be yellow, and still taste as you would expect.

I might have gone a bit :offtopic:

How enlightening. Oranges are not the only fruit! 🍈

Green or yellow bananas? Though I do sometimes like the taste of the slightly gone off black ones... maybe I'm weird

Green or yellow bananas? Though I do sometimes like the taste of the slightly gone off black ones... maybe I'm weird

This is worthy of its own thread with voting buttons...

4DDF091600000578-5912443-image-m-2_1530607842298.thumb.jpg.de7b266e31e62ea85060a4090fb59ce2.jpg

This is worthy of its own thread with voting buttons...

4DDF091600000578-5912443-image-m-2_1530607842298.jpg

Agree 7 to about 18 or 20 units very fresh from tree... There is a big difference fresh are much nicer.

Banana number 4. Though I had my meds reduced at the start of the year because of high potassium, so now I rarely eat them as I do not want my lovely drugs taken away.

Banana number 4. Though I had my meds reduced at the start of the year because of high potassium, so now I rarely eat them as I do not want my lovely drugs taken away.

Hmm let’s think bananas or drugs, bananas or drugs... nope I don’t need to think about it!

For me a 5 or 6, anyone who goes above 10 is just plain odd.

4?! Wtf. I bet you hang the bog roll tail to the wall too.

Clearly 8 is perfect.

Clearly 8 is perfect.

8 is close, but 7 is perfect. And before you argue back, 7 is also the perfect number, which proves my point.

Clearly 8 is perfect.

Now come on nobody really does that!

Can't we argue about something we can all come to a collective agreement on?

Say.

Politics or religion.... :tumble: :lol:

We could never agree on those, don't you know the expression never discuss....

I think to keep it current we should discuss something much more recent what about football I am sure we can all agree there. I mean it's obvious there is only one color team to support and you know supporting football the best fans never walk alone :thumb:

Can't we argue about something we can all come to a collective agreement on?

Say.

Politics or religion.... :tumble: :lol:

We could never agree on those, don't you know the expression never discuss....

I think to keep it current we should discuss something much more recent what about football I am sure we can all agree there. I mean it's obvious there is only one color team to support and you know supporting football the best fans never walk alone :thumb:

Red is the colour of evil.

At least it's a slightly better shade of red than the shite Beefy follows :cheers:

Mighty white