Just track days

I've only been riding for a week or 2 and have already had a few close calls from people not seeing me or people getting the hump because I've got past them.

I'm the sole provider of my family and we have a 16 month old boy and those close calls have made me wonder what would happen to them if something bad happened to me.

Does anyone here just purely ride on a track and not the road? Could get a trailer for my car and just tow it to track days for £150 or so for the day.. Just an idea.

I love riding and love the thrill but don't trust anyone else on the road.

I think a few only ride on the track, especially when they get the bug for it. However with more road experience (riding specificaly) you'll get into less close calls and be able to read situations better.

if you would have had close calls in the car, would that make you stop driving? :twisted:

even when you walk down the street there's a chance for something to happen, hell, even in your own home...

Don't be scared, enjoy life,riding and the thrills! :thumb:

P.S. you can always get life insurance if your family's financial security is what you're thinking about.

even when you walk down the street there's a chance for something to happen, hell, even in your own home...

A couple of weeks ago I slipped on the floor and came inches away from hitting the back of my neck/skull on an outstretched draw

A friend of my Pillion died the week before by simply falling over and broke his neck when he was drunk,

The point is "when your time is up its up" ..It might be walking down the street...on a bike or something else pointless, you could get hit by a drink driver while crossing the road!

Just ride better and gain experience, then the close calls are rare, and you develop a sixth sense,

or buy a Crosser and have cheaper fun than the track

regardless of track or road you will get other people making mistakes and their reactions which will involve you .

please take this in the manner it is meant and not a personal comment

you have been riding for two weeks . You now need to learn how to ride a motorcycle on the road . This is not the same as learning to ride a motorcycle for your Test .

Find a local bikesafe course and get on it .

look at taking further training ...Enhanced Riders scheme , IAM or ROSPA .

Advanced motorcycling is not about being boring and following the rules riding a bmw in hi vis its about Riding in a safe and smooth manner and enhancing your skillset .

With regards to people getting the hump ..

betari summed it up with

your attitude affects your behaviour which in turns affects others attitude and their behavioir which then affects your attitude and onwards ...( betari cycle)

this can be in a positive scenario :You make a risky overtake and have to pull in sharply causing the car you've just overtaken to brake sharply you wave in apology and the drivers anger is subdued

or negative .. you make a risky overtake have to pull in sharply causing them to brake heavily but you don't acknowledge your mistake and angers them so road rage ensues