TRacker and alarm in one?

Ive had this one 11 months and its excellent,

Has loads of features but takes a while till you understand a lot of them

Its also Tiny! think an overweight TicTac box,

Even has a listening microphone so you can hear what is being said near the bike. :shock:

Ive had this one 11 months and its excellent,

Has loads of features but takes a while till you understand a lot of them

I am very tempted, I hope you are on commission as I have a few question

When the bike is not powered, does it run from its own battery or the bike's one?

If you use their SIM, is the cost fixed or can you end up needing to top it up? Maybe as a result of listening to the microphone to use up the data.

Never had a tracker before, but presumably you have to use the app or a send a message to turn it on and off every time you ride to stop it alerting you about what you are doing?

And if I go out for a ride and want to download a GPX file of my route, I can just simply go on the website and click on a few links? At the moment I take an old Garmin bicycle GPS with me as a GPS logger, so partly want a tracker for that purpose as well as for security.

At £5 per month with their multi-network SIM, it seems good value.

It uses the bike battery but if thats disconnected it switches to its own internal one, theory is on lowest settings the internal one lasts 24 hours....But with the settings I use (more power hungry) it lasts about 4.5 hours on its own battery

Also worth mentioning its compatible with both 12 & 24 volts

Its never affected my bike battery, even though basic settings its actually a silent alarm system that actually texts you If someone touches your bike

Cant help with SIM question as I use a £5 GiffGaff one with 500 txts and 100MB ...you will typically only use about 2-4 Mb a month

You use either txt reports, or use their free 1 year GPS tracking site....which reports everything

I wont be renewing my membership because it records speed, miles,distance, even when the engine is ON/OFF although if its nicked you can literally track a moving bike down to 5 meters

For the price it is great value

EDIT:

the companys after sales is of the highest caliper and they will bend over backwards to help ....I am impressed with that

they will even set it up for you if you give them access

A shame about the internal battery not lasting longer or it could have gone on a switched connection. As I only ride for leisure the bike can sit a week without use in summer, and longer in winter when the weather is bad. Had the battery go flat a couple of times early this year, I guess because of the immobelizer, which is why I asked.

I like the sound of their SIM though as it says it will use any available network (and lists all the U.K. ones) so there should be no black spots rather than being tied to a single one with a mobile network's SIM.

Thanks.

Do you know if trackers and alarm can still work off the battery even if the main loom is cut. Providing they are connected to the battery side?

In theory they should work, however There will be No guarantee

Have a look here https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/gps-tracker-car-tracking-devices

I have the 303.its very small ...a little bigger than a Tick-Tack box and houses battery backup, costs me £5 a month with a GiffGaff Sim card

How easy are these to fit for a non-bike person? Perhaps I should get dealer to fit when I pick bike up. (to clarify, I'm new to bikes!)