Your bucket list

Slowlycatchymonkey

On a [mention]goat[/mention] thread I’ve discovered courtesy of [mention]SlowBusa[/mention] that giant sequoias are a tree that’s on a lot of people’s bucket list. I don’t have a bucket list just a few vague ideas of things I fancy doing. Do you have one, what’s on it or what have you already done thats worthy of being on one?

Yes I am planning to skim off the good stuff for my own benefit, ra ha ha haaa! :mrgreen:

I've done all but two things on my bucket list, visit Antarctica and fly into orbit. The first I will do soon, the second may be a little more problematical.

I believe there are pills availabe that send people into orbit :wink:

How many do you want :thumb:

Furthest Ive ridden so far is to Slovenia.. the closest Slav nation. I would like to ride the length of the Carpathian's. from Slovakia.. via Ukraine and into Romania... ending at the Black sea.

fairly epic for me.. also I would love to ride across the Bosphorus and so be able to say that Ive ridden to Asia. (even if its only Asia minor)

If the world ever changes..and things become easier and safer.. I would absolutely love to ride to Iran. via Georgia and the Caucasus Mountains.

On a @goat thread I’ve discovered courtesy of @SlowBusa that giant sequoias are a tree that’s on a lot of people’s bucket list. I don’t have a bucket list just a few vague ideas of things I fancy doing. Do you have one, what’s on it or what have you already done thats worthy of being on one?

Yes I am planning to skim off the good stuff for my own benefit, ra ha ha haaa! :mrgreen:

Just watch for the root that grows across the road it has nearly de-seated afew Pillions :D

http://www.redwoodworld.co.uk/picturepages/newforest.htm

For me my bucket list now involves people rather than places, there are a few places I would like to spend some time to learn about the people. Sadly that takes months and years or life times... There is nothing better than walking into a a cafe or bar or just walking a street and meeting the locals being locals not the tour operator fighting for your dollar...

To punch Elton John square on the chin .

Nick his wig and hold it just higher than the little gnome can jump .

To punch Elton John square on the chin .

The question I'd love my kids to be able to ask when they are older is "Can you remember what you were doing the day Cliff Richard was shot?"

:lol:

On a @goat thread I’ve discovered courtesy of @SlowBusa that giant sequoias are a tree that’s on a lot of people’s bucket list. I don’t have a bucket list just a few vague ideas of things I fancy doing. Do you have one, what’s on it or what have you already done thats worthy of being on one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellingtonia_Avenue

not to same scale as the US ones but still impressive

Furthest Ive ridden so far is to Slovenia.. the closest Slav nation. I would like to ride the length of the Carpathian's. from Slovakia.. via Ukraine and into Romania... ending at the Black sea.

fairly epic for me.. also I would love to ride across the Bosphorus and so be able to say that Ive ridden to Asia. (even if its only Asia minor)

If the world ever changes..and things become easier and safer.. I would absolutely love to ride to Iran. via Georgia and the Caucasus Mountains.

That’s sounds great, definitely epic stuff. I think I’ll start with something equally ambitious, where about in Berkshire are those trees? :lol:

My favourite bucket so far is my ice bucket but it doesn’t seem to be helping me get up and go it’s seems to keep me planted in one spot, is it broken?

Hmm my plans to harvest the fine minds of tmbf has not been as fruitful as I hoped. I’m becoming suspicious I’ve been sold a dummy regarding the calibre of member :lol:

That’s sounds great, definitely epic stuff. I think I’ll start with something equally ambitious, where about in Berkshire are those trees? :lol:

My favourite bucket so far is my ice bucket but it doesn’t seem to be helping me get up and go it’s seems to keep me planted in one spot, is it broken?

Hmm my plans to harvest the fine minds of tmbf has not been as fruitful as I hoped. I’m becoming suspicious I’ve been sold a dummy regarding the calibre of member :lol:

Huh-huh... huh-huh... you said 'member'...

IMG_1491.GIF.ee2e811cfa6e34c31bc5c4ac19532b55.GIF

I don't have a bucket list, but if I did, the Carpathians would be on it :D

The Carpathians look amazing but I can't pretend this doesn't put me off a smidge-

"They provide the habitat for the largest European populations of brown bears, wolves, chamois, and lynxes, with the highest concentration in Romania”

My geography is terrible I didn’t realise how many countries make up Asia. I tried to find a decent map showing all the Asian countries to educate myself a little but they seem conflicting and have different names for the same places.

The Caucasus mountains sound AMAZING-

“The Caucasus Mountains have a varied landscape which mainly changes according to elevation and distance from large bodies of water. The region contains biomesranging from subtropical lowland marshes and forests to glaciers (Western and Central Caucasus), and highland semideserts, steppes, and alpine meadows in the south (mainly in Armenia and Azerbaijan)."

Its so varied Id imagine it would either take a fair bit of preparation or a endless budget time and money wise but I reckon it would be worth it.

America and Spain sound like easier starters.

@slowbusa What do you mean back on a big bike, something Ive missed?

To see the Northern lights......which we did in Iceland a 18 months ago....... 8-)

I'd really like to visit the giants on Easter Island......and the site at Machu Picchu....and the Great Wall of China.....and the terracotta army.......and fly into the upper atmosphere and see the earth's curvature.......... 8-)

We once took a flight up to very high altitude out to Iceland (and back again no landing anywhere just back where we started ) which would apparently that high up be a great view of the aurora borealis. It was such a disappointment the bloke commentating told us they’d only ever had two flights where the northern lights hadn’t been seen. He then gave a LONG running commentary on absolutely nothing before in a highly excitable thrilled tone told us “there it is, there it is, its incredible, we've seen it again” I looked out of the window and saw what may or may not of been a smudge of dirty green, couldn’t swear that Id seen anything. Another expensive kings clothes experience. So the Northern lights are still something Id like to see.

The other places sound great. Are they doable by bike?

To see the Northern lights......which we did in Iceland a 18 months ago....... 8-)

I'd really like to visit the giants on Easter Island......and the site at Machu Picchu....and the Great Wall of China.....and the terracotta army.......and fly into the upper atmosphere and see the earth's curvature.......... 8-)

Machu piccu is fantastic. I didn't do the 3 day Inc's trail trek which I mildly regret. Look into it.