Service in Edinburgh

I have a Honda Vision 110 from 2012 which seriously needs to see a good mechanic. I am new to the area of motorbikes in Edinburgh and I was wondering if you could recommend a trustworthy mechanic.

I have booked with Harley Davison but I am worry they are not used to scooters and could also be very expensive. What about Mark1? I live in Morningside by the way.

Thanks for the help.

I've never had a bike in for a service with them, but the service guys at Two Wheels in Edinburgh have always been really helpful with me.

Don't book with HD whatever you do. From what friends have told me their servicing is extortionate!

Two Wheels have always been helpful with me, but I've never had any service work done. They're right next to my work too.

I've used Saltire for repair work on my Suzuki and they're not cheap but got the job done well.

I'd nip over to Two Wheels for a chat. Not far from you.

Never used TW so can't comment on that but from what I've heard they are expensive but good. Equally, Saltire Suzuki are decent but they labour cost is ~£65/hour so even small jobs can start to add up.

Plenty of indies to choose from though: I've used Mark1 Motorcycles for years and Mark knows his stuff, doesn't take the piss on cost and does work to a good standard - I'd highly recommend him for any repairs/MOT/servicing. He can be booked up for a couple of weeks at a time though.

I've used Street Evolution Motorcycles in Inverkeithing for tyre swaps at short notice - reasonable cost, good work and managed to fit me in on the same day I enquired.

DBS Motorcycles in Livingston are really knowledgeable as well, haven't used them myself but my friend swears by them.

Metro Auto Centre in Granton is another option, I don't know anyone that's used them before but they provide the whole repair/servicing/MOT services too.

Thanks guys, I think I'll try Mark1 or TW. They both have good reviews and deal with Honda. TW has a waiting queue of 1.5 months so I'll ask Mark1 first.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Two Wheels are great guys.

Stuart Gray is the man to speak to up there.

We have bought 5 bikes from him, and also recently were taken to Knockhill Honda VIP.

Expense wise for services etc, they aren't any more expensive than other dealerships.

Avoid Saltire, pile of shite and aren't interested unless you are buying a new bike from them.