Module 2 - members test experiences

MOD 2 today, Shieldhall - Afraid this one is a Fail.

Started out usual document check then out to the bike for a couple of the questions. (Tyre checks, pillion passenger instructions and Horn test.)

Headed out the test centre straight onto independent ride towards Renfrew then Hillington. Through the industrial estate at Hillington onto the NSL at the end. Once over the railway bridge we were into a housing estate, couple of stop and set off when ready, hill start then pull up behind a parked car for the pull away around it. I tried to angle the bike slightly away from the kerb to give better visibility but was told to return it parallel to the kerb. This is the part I failed on as I 'pedalled' the bike round the parked car until I got momentum up, serious rider fault.

Had a couple minors for not making enough progress a couple times but the parked car was the fail.

Rebooked for start of August when I'm back from work.

I'm not the best with this part of Glasgow hence the vague route info.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

New to the forum and felt I should share my experience.

So I have failed two Mod 2 tests so far. The first was in Chester; did absolutely fine but unfortunately I entered a wrong lane to turn right on a roundabout and a vehicle had to brake behind me meaning a fail.

The second, and by far the worst experience and performance, was at St Helens. To give some background I am 30, never driven a car except a few lessons and only ridden a 125 on the roads for around 9 months. The instructor I had for lessons prior kept forgetting I didn't drive and in the lessons was always telling me 'just do it like you do in your car'. So a little advice for someone doing your bike license with no driving experience - some instructors will expect you to already know how the roads work as for most people the bike is a weekend only deal. Get the highway code and learn it.

Anyway back to the test. Everything was going fine, up until the independent ride. I came to a 4 way junction and stopped at the traffic lights waiting to turn right. As the light turned green (no filter light) I moved off and proceeded to turn right. It was during this turn I realised to my horror the traffic from the opposite junction was also travelling towards me. I should have given way to oncoming traffic. A car had to brake and if the driver hadn't seen me I'd of been off the bike. The sense of disappointment in myself as I realised my mistake was profound. Later the test conductor took me through a similar junction and I made the same mistake. I was then asked to pull up to the side of the road where he advised I was driving dangerously and would hurt myself and the test had been terminated. He then went through the score sheet with me and explained why he ended the test. I was left at the side of the road with the bike whilst he rode back to the test centre to advise my instructor.

This really means a lot to me for many reasons. Over the last couple of years bikes have become all I can think about. I have a Ninja 600 at home locked up at home waiting for me. To fail so badly was devastating and really made me question if I should even be on the road. It's taken me almost a week to feel like I'm ready to look at booking again but I know I can't give up.

Taking the emotion out of it and looking at this logically the reasons I failed are clear and as explained above. Experience and knowledge. Now I'm studying everyday to increase my understanding of road rules and correct riding and watching hours of test/lesson footage. I have a lesson booked (with a new school - have issues with the place I was training but that's another story) and if they think I'm OK I will be booking my next test. Hopefully in a few weeks I can update this story with a happy ending.

Anyway hope someone benefits from the above.

Thanks for reading,

Tom

hello Tom! I think a lot of people who say mod2 is easier are coming from driving backgrounds and do know how roads "work". Your instructor really should have spent some more time with you about how junctions and give ways work - it is easy to navigate a new junction if you've been driving for 15 years because you can draw on your experience of a hundred similar ones but very difficult when having to try and remember how to ride a bike AND how bloody junctions work :lol:

If you do have a willing friend who can drive maybe get them to drive you around some junctions and roundabouts and you just focus on what lane and who gets priority without the distraction of riding a bike too

Good luck :cheers:

A very heart felt post. You have my sympathy. I’m sure schools are mainly geared towards 16/17year old CBT kiddies or adults who can drive a car already so you probably wouldn’t get a good experience for that reason alone.

Going out in the car and just observings a good idea.

Chin up, you don’t need to feel too dispondent you will pass one day.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly thank you to everyone who has posted their experience and stories on here. I read every single post on the run up to my Mod 2 test and it really helped the nerves and what to expect.

Here is my long long account of my Mod 2 experience.

I did my Mod 2 on Tuesday at 8:20 and glad to say I passed first time with 3 minors!

I've gone thought my training fairly quickly, CBT on the 25th March, Mod 1 (Second Attempt) on the 1st May and then Mod 2 just. Mainly doing an hour or two at the weekend to practice my bike control and safety. Driving for 10 years gave me road experience and a edge I suppose over brand new learners?

Had an hour riding in the morning before the test (with another guy doing his test at 9:20). This helped massively, got me use to the bike again, calmed the nerves and had a really good ride. I didn't know where the test centre was as Mod 1 was done in Burton Upon Trent, not in Newcastle-Under-Lyme and I had never done "the test routes" either so it was all abit new, but I like to think because I didn't know the roads / area it kept me more focused instead of assuming things.

I had an examiner called Steve who at first seemed serious and moody, but I think he was ex-miltary / ex-police and just had that tone about him. Sitting down to sign the paperwork and asked the safety questions, he put my mind at ease, abit of banter about his equipment (we had the same gloves and jacket, but his were better as his are paid for...) . Eye sight test done and we were on the bikes. (Safety Questions were Kill Switch, Tyre Depth and Carrying a Pillion).

We started the independent ride incredibly quickly, but the radio and instructions were given in good time, I'd never done independent riding with my instructor (Not a problem to me) but it was kind of freeing being able to make my own decisions. He gave some instructions during this, which I thought was odd, but i'm not complaining.

During the independent ride I had to pull over twice, once behind a car and a normal one (didn't have to do a specific hillstart, but i think because those occurred naturally), these were all fine and Traffic was on my side even tho it was rush hour traffic.

My first minor and one I knew about was Clutch control on a hill, right hand turn, across traffic lights. Lights went yellow and then someone went quickly thought the other way so were red by the time I could go, and had to go because I was way over the line. Gave it abit too much and Jerky. Silly but nevermind.

I thought I completed stuffed the test shortly after that tho. Stopping at a giveway from a minor to a major. Coming to a controlled stop, rear braking. and for whatever reason, I took my right foot off the brake and put both feet on the ground while the bike was still rolling?! I have no idea why I did that, but then jerky stopped with the front brake. I thought that was game over but it was never mentioned by the examiner. So took the advice from the forum that even if you think you've messed it up, just carry on as normal. However he did pull along side me shortly after and asked if everything was ok? So I started over thinking what that meant!

The only other strange thing to happen was I had to move to a right hand land in grid locked traffic. He was clear we had to go that way as he wanted me on the dual carriage way. I crawled in the left lane for a while, before finding a small ish space infront of a John Lewis Lorry. I dumped the bike in that gap. I was WAY too close to the car in front in my opinion, but needs must. The instructor managed to squeeze behind me and thanked the Lorry driver. He then did something weird and I'd never read about. He said follow me... So I thought ah... I've royally messed it up now. He filtered down the right hand side (between the car and pavement (one way system). I had to walk the bike (both feet on the ground) around the car because I was close and it was a tight gap between the car and kerb. But as soon as I cleared it I was back on the bike normally and he told me to over take again and off we went like normal.

And then before I knew it we were back at the test centre. Bike parked and in the waiting room. He asked he how it went and I just said I think it went ok, but maybe could have been better but didn't want to say anything else (I'd read about people talking themselves into Minors, and the guy who was doing his test after me did exactly that!!) So I sat for what felt like 10 minutes waiting to hear the words, unfortunately you've failed, and then all I remember is him shaking my hand and saying congratulations!!

Explained about my minors, I picked up my other 2 literally in the last 30 seconds of the test. I went too close to a kerb avoiding a pot hole (Ok fine... Better to go close to the kerb than the wrong side of the road? I've had a Bike hit my car doing that before) and then minor for steering back into the test centre, again avoiding pot holes! If only they'd fixed them I'd have come away with only 1 minor but never mind. I'm chuffed to bits.

The test was over in a flash, and was... enjoyable which was surprising. And 100x better than the Mod 1.

The ride back to my instructors (Stoke Motorcycle Training - Who I would absolutely recommend to everyone in the area, Ken is amazing!) was free'ing... No radio. He went ahead and me and the other guy just followed. It was my first time on the CB 650 F without instruction and it felt right!

Now bike shopping at the weekend to hopefully buy myself a nice Yamaha MT-07!

Excellent post - I passed my Mod 1 on Monday and have Mod 2 booked in a couple of weeks!

Mod 2 - Second attempt - shieldhall, Glasgow

Glad to say this time I passed.

Usual documents checked then show me, tell me. How to check front brake, effects of a pillion and tyre checks.

Out the test centre and independent ride following signs to Renfrew then Hillington. Out the back of Hillington onto a NSL road then into a housing estate, a couple of stop and pull away as well as the angled start (nailed it this time). Then went back towards Glasgow and into a couple more estates. Had a moment on a junction where I stumbled and put a foot down to steady myself on a tight turn.

Back in the test centre and asked how I felt, I explained the stumble and what I should've done better. Examiner explained a good way to tackle the corner said overall was good and I'm glad to say you've passed. A couple minors for being a bit hesitant.

Glad to have passed, now onto getting a bike and I think doing the iAM advanced rider course.

Glad to have passed, now onto getting a bike and I think doing the iAM advanced rider course.

Well done...as far as progression goes, get your new bike and then learn to ride it. I would suggest riding for a year or so before going the IAM/ROSPA route. If you try it too soon, you will not yet have developed the skills needed to get the most benefit from the advanced tuition. A bikesafe course might come in handy, though. Just be careful not to develop any bad habits in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

First post but felt compelled to sign up as I found reading this thread really useful in the run up to my Mod 2, so felt it was only fair to contribute in the hope that I could help others too.

I did my Mod 2 in Bristol last week. I hope the below isn't too much war and peace but I found the stories of people's tests on here really helpful! (TLDR version: many people say Mod 2 is the easier of the two and I have to agree)

Throughout I felt the examiner was doing his best to make it a pleasant experience, starting with a bit of small talk whilst we did the paperwork before leaving. It had rained heavily that morning and he even took the time to say to this specs wearer "if your glasses start to fog up simply pull over safely at any time to sort them out".

Show me tell me was simple enough, then off we went. Typically just as we went to leave a learner car pulled in and then sat there blocking the exit to the car park with their boot. I think the examiner instantly spotted me in two minds about whether to go around the back of the car (which would have involved going onto the opposite side of the road really close to the entrance/exit into the test centre) and before I knew it said over the radio "yeah, we're fine just to slowly nip around the back of this car". Nice reassurance at just the right time, cheers (I didn't want to be one of those people that manage to fail before they even leave the car park... and of course, on any normal day I would have nipped around the car when it became clear that they weren't moving, but this is your test and it's easy to start to second guess)

Out onto the road and the route took us straight to the Bristol Ring Road (dual carriageway). I'd been advised by my instructors that they'd always be looking for good, safe progress and not to sit below the speed limit on the ring road so as soon as I realised the car in front of me was going to sit at around 10mph below the speed limit I moved to the outside lane. I'd been told they look for confidence in the rider they're assessing, and if they think you lack that they'll start to spot other flaws in your riding.

Another one of the worries I had in the run up to my test was being in the outside lane if suddenly I needed to go left (there's a lot of roundabouts on the ring road). I'd pretty much resolved to just stick to the lane I was in and go the wrong way if I felt I wouldn't move back across without cutting someone up. But as it happened, as I was in the outside lane the examiner said "Just so you know at the next roundabout we'll be going left". This was a good 500 metres before the roundabout and gave me plenty of time to assess and move across - most welcome.

The route then took us out to Bridgeyate via Warmley. The road here was easy enough to just cruise down so I can only assume they chose this bit because it ends in having to turn right at a double roundabout that I'm sure can catch a few people if they aren't assessing the road properly and then cut across it https://goo.gl/maps/EiE6vY5G3mB2

Then a bit further down the road into a 20, of which there are a lot in this area. A mix of speed cushions, busy business units and then into a residential area. A good mix for assessing people's anticipation really.

Before the test I'd asked my instructor on the 'rules' for pulling over in a safe place. Were they fine with double yellows etc as you weren't parking? His reply was "if they ask you pull over, they'll know for sure there's somewhere safe in the next hundred metres or so, so just look out for it when they ask". And he was right. Every time I was asked to pull over there was a perfect pulling up spot ahead.

As for the angled start, I was asked to pull up before a blue car in the distance. The examiner then explained that we were going to do an angled start, and to pull up about a cars length from the blue car. Stop and then whenever I was ready pull away safely again. As I approached the car he said "yep,that's perfect from there"..... well, compared to the slow speed manoeuvres you do in mod 1 this was simple (my overthinking brain had them making me go up to the rear bumper of the car and moving off at a 45 degree angle :-P )

Waiting to emerge from a t-junction with queuing traffic on the main road, a car "helpfully" flashed me out (I'd be happy any other time than on my test!). So as advised by my instructor I didn't just go, I made sure it was clear that I reassessed the road, checked the car was still ceding priority then confidently pulled out before they changed their mind.

The independent riding was simple enough, nothing to report there.

After being asked to pull over for about the fourth time, the examiner then said "OK, and for the final time then pull off when you're ready", so I knew we were homeward bound. Deep breath, I think I've done well so far, but don't screw it up by being complacent. Back towards the ring road via Longwell Green, using the multi lane roundabouts where you need to be really sure you get in the correct lane, then follow the spirals around correctly so you don't end up in the wrong lane and cutting people up. Ring road, roundabout, ring road, roundabout, overtake safely where I can but mainly people were doing the speed limit so I had a good excuse to stay in the left hand lane.

Off the ring road, "OK, for the last time then, at this roundabout, second exit, then turn right into the test centre and pop your bike back in the candidate bay and then the test is all done".

Get off the bike. I'm pretty sure I've done OK but you never know about that car you cut up and didn't see etc. Helmet off.

"OK, if you'd like to follow me"

Back into the test centre, give my instructor a look that says "well I think that was OK". The examiner doesn't ask if I want my instructor in for the debrief... hoping that's a good sign....

And sure enough, the magic words "I'm pleased to tell you that you've passed".

The minors I got were for appropriate speed. He felt that there were a couple of times I didn't accelerate sharply enough. "You're on a motorbike, use the acceleration and get going", and that I was moving up through the gears too quickly, eg on the ring road.

"I was getting up to 30 in 1st gear, by then you were already in 3rd. You might have seen a few times I was right up alongside you" (I did, I just hoped at the time he was assessing something :-P) "and I was thinking 'come on, go for it'"

The other feedback (he must have really been listening to my bike!) was that I had a habit of pulling the clutch all the way in to shift from 2nd to 3rd & 3rd to 4th etc. As he said, no need, just pull the lever in a bit then shift, I'll lose a lot fewer revs that way (and sure enough, on the way home was practising it and he was right).

So all in all good constructive feedback that I took on board. I saw a DVSA examiner on a forum once say "I promise that every candidate leaves my test centre as a pass, and it's only up to them to change that". If you ever feel you had a bad experience then I'm genuinely sorry for you, but in my case I felt that that DVSA examiner was telling the truth from start to finish on my test.

I hope some of the random things I've written here help someone about to take their mod 2, and I only hope that your experience is much the same. Take a couple of deep breaths before you set off, show confidence in your riding (if you think you're tensing up grip that fuel tank with your knees and keep those arms loose!) and scrub an extra few mph than usual off as you approach any junction or hazard so that you give yourself time to properly assess. That extra second or so to assess the road really will make a difference about whether to confidently proceed or slow to a stop - and remember slow in, fast out.

Good luck :-)

Hi all,

First post but felt compelled to sign up as I found reading this thread really useful in the run up to my Mod 2, so felt it was only fair to contribute in the hope that I could help others too.

I did my Mod 2 in Bristol last week. I hope the below isn't too much war and peace but I found the stories of people's tests on here really helpful! (TLDR version: many people say Mod 2 is the easier of the two and I have to agree)

Throughout I felt the examiner was doing his best to make it a pleasant experience, starting with a bit of small talk whilst we did the paperwork before leaving. It had rained heavily that morning and he even took the time to say to this specs wearer "if your glasses start to fog up simply pull over safely at any time to sort them out".

Show me tell me was simple enough, then off we went. Typically just as we went to leave a learner car pulled in and then sat there blocking the exit to the car park with their boot. I think the examiner instantly spotted me in two minds about whether to go around the back of the car (which would have involved going onto the opposite side of the road really close to the entrance/exit into the test centre) and before I knew it said over the radio "yeah, we're fine just to slowly nip around the back of this car". Nice reassurance at just the right time, cheers (I didn't want to be one of those people that manage to fail before they even leave the car park... and of course, on any normal day I would have nipped around the car when it became clear that they weren't moving, but this is your test and it's easy to start to second guess)

Out onto the road and the route took us straight to the Bristol Ring Road (dual carriageway). I'd been advised by my instructors that they'd always be looking for good, safe progress and not to sit below the speed limit on the ring road so as soon as I realised the car in front of me was going to sit at around 10mph below the speed limit I moved to the outside lane. I'd been told they look for confidence in the rider they're assessing, and if they think you lack that they'll start to spot other flaws in your riding.

Another one of the worries I had in the run up to my test was being in the outside lane if suddenly I needed to go left (there's a lot of roundabouts on the ring road). I'd pretty much resolved to just stick to the lane I was in and go the wrong way if I felt I wouldn't move back across without cutting someone up. But as it happened, as I was in the outside lane the examiner said "Just so you know at the next roundabout we'll be going left". This was a good 500 metres before the roundabout and gave me plenty of time to assess and move across - most welcome.

The route then took us out to Bridgeyate via Warmley. The road here was easy enough to just cruise down so I can only assume they chose this bit because it ends in having to turn right at a double roundabout that I'm sure can catch a few people if they aren't assessing the road properly and then cut across it https://goo.gl/maps/EiE6vY5G3mB2

Then a bit further down the road into a 20, of which there are a lot in this area. A mix of speed cushions, busy business units and then into a residential area. A good mix for assessing people's anticipation really.

Before the test I'd asked my instructor on the 'rules' for pulling over in a safe place. Were they fine with double yellows etc as you weren't parking? His reply was "if they ask you pull over, they'll know for sure there's somewhere safe in the next hundred metres or so, so just look out for it when they ask". And he was right. Every time I was asked to pull over there was a perfect pulling up spot ahead.

As for the angled start, I was asked to pull up before a blue car in the distance. The examiner then explained that we were going to do an angled start, and to pull up about a cars length from the blue car. Stop and then whenever I was ready pull away safely again. As I approached the car he said "yep,that's perfect from there"..... well, compared to the slow speed manoeuvres you do in mod 1 this was simple (my overthinking brain had them making me go up to the rear bumper of the car and moving off at a 45 degree angle :-P )

Waiting to emerge from a t-junction with queuing traffic on the main road, a car "helpfully" flashed me out (I'd be happy any other time than on my test!). So as advised by my instructor I didn't just go, I made sure it was clear that I reassessed the road, checked the car was still ceding priority then confidently pulled out before they changed their mind.

The independent riding was simple enough, nothing to report there.

After being asked to pull over for about the fourth time, the examiner then said "OK, and for the final time then pull off when you're ready", so I knew we were homeward bound. Deep breath, I think I've done well so far, but don't screw it up by being complacent. Back towards the ring road via Longwell Green, using the multi lane roundabouts where you need to be really sure you get in the correct lane, then follow the spirals around correctly so you don't end up in the wrong lane and cutting people up. Ring road, roundabout, ring road, roundabout, overtake safely where I can but mainly people were doing the speed limit so I had a good excuse to stay in the left hand lane.

Off the ring road, "OK, for the last time then, at this roundabout, second exit, then turn right into the test centre and pop your bike back in the candidate bay and then the test is all done".

Get off the bike. I'm pretty sure I've done OK but you never know about that car you cut up and didn't see etc. Helmet off.

"OK, if you'd like to follow me"

Back into the test centre, give my instructor a look that says "well I think that was OK". The examiner doesn't ask if I want my instructor in for the debrief... hoping that's a good sign....

And sure enough, the magic words "I'm pleased to tell you that you've passed".

The minors I got were for appropriate speed. He felt that there were a couple of times I didn't accelerate sharply enough. "You're on a motorbike, use the acceleration and get going", and that I was moving up through the gears too quickly, eg on the ring road.

"I was getting up to 30 in 1st gear, by then you were already in 3rd. You might have seen a few times I was right up alongside you" (I did, I just hoped at the time he was assessing something :-P) "and I was thinking 'come on, go for it'"

The other feedback (he must have really been listening to my bike!) was that I had a habit of pulling the clutch all the way in to shift from 2nd to 3rd & 3rd to 4th etc. As he said, no need, just pull the lever in a bit then shift, I'll lose a lot fewer revs that way (and sure enough, on the way home was practising it and he was right).

So all in all good constructive feedback that I took on board. I saw a DVSA examiner on a forum once say "I promise that every candidate leaves my test centre as a pass, and it's only up to them to change that". If you ever feel you had a bad experience then I'm genuinely sorry for you, but in my case I felt that that DVSA examiner was telling the truth from start to finish on my test.

I hope some of the random things I've written here help someone about to take their mod 2, and I only hope that your experience is much the same. Take a couple of deep breaths before you set off, show confidence in your riding (if you think you're tensing up grip that fuel tank with your knees and keep those arms loose!) and scrub an extra few mph than usual off as you approach any junction or hazard so that you give yourself time to properly assess. That extra second or so to assess the road really will make a difference about whether to confidently proceed or slow to a stop - and remember slow in, fast out.

Good luck :-)

Excellent write up there. I have my Mod 2 tomorrow. How many minors did you actually get?

The two examiners in Bristol are both really nice guys. You feel like they’d like you pass and it’s down to you to mess it up. Which when I did mess up my first attempt at mod one I found the examiner so pleasant about it I really didn’t mind so much.

[mention]Lanceautoman[/mention] Good luck.

Excellent write up there. I have my Mod 2 tomorrow. How many minors did you actually get?

No problem, hope it helped :-)

It was three in the end for that and being a bit under the speed limit at times (feedback was "you were doing 26 to 27 in a 30, 36 to 37 in a 40" as well as the comment on rapidly accelerating), all probably fair and I was definitely in "test mode" of trying not to look like I was hooning around in a reckless way! :lol: No other minors anywhere else.

I came back via the ring road last night after picking up my new bike and was definitely putting all of that into practice (legally, I had my family in the car behind and was aiming to arrive home at the same time as them as my wife had the house keys on her :P )

Good luck tomorrow, if I can give you one more bit of advice it's ride like you've already passed. That might be hard but I promise when you pass and you ride home, and if you jump on a big bike after, you ride in such a more confident way. Just like that. It's hard to explain. But it's like that tenseness of always wanting to ride correctly goes away, and you just become more natural in your riding, which in turn makes you ride better. A happy circle. I noticed it when we rode to lunch after my test and then riding home after the other lad out with us did his test. I was still with my instructor, we still had radios in, I was still on the school bike, but I felt so much more natural on the bike, like I belonged on it and deserved to be on it. Same when I picked my bike up yesterday. Within 50 metres I felt like I'd ridden it for years and was cruising around Patchway, Filton and then the ring road (all roads I'm unfamiliar with) with ease.

Try and visualise that and transfer it to your riding if you can :) The examiner is just a sat nav who happens to be following you, and you're just out for a pleasant half an hour ride.

Have fun :thumb:

Edit: I see [mention]Slowlycatchymonkey[/mention] in a way did similar, thinking it was a test fail early, so just relaxed and just rode around. End result: a pass https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1041890#p1041890

The two examiners in Bristol are both really nice guys. You feel like they’d like you pass and it’s down to you to mess it up. Which when I did mess up my first attempt at mod one I found the examiner so pleasant about it I really didn’t mind so much.

@Lanceautoman Good luck.

Agreed - someone I know who failed his mod 2 a few times there said "they're all up their own arse" and pretty much told me I was in for a hard time trying to pass. But he's... well... opinionated and quite often up HIS own arse so I think it's safe to say be polite to them and they'll be polite back.

@Lanceautoman Good luck.

Agreed - someone I know who failed his mod 2 a few times there said "they're all up their own arse" and pretty much told me I was in for a hard time trying to pass. But he's... well... opinionated and quite often up HIS own arse so I think it's safe to say be polite to them and they'll be polite back.

lol well that’s what they have to deal with! The oldest instructor there said in 25yrs instructing they were the best examiners he’d come accross. Not that they’ll cut you any slack on your mod one or two and I suspect the hyper criticism you’ll impose on yourself will likely be savage but they are professional without being mean.

Watched one guy tumble off his bike during test (from my training school) and the examiner tried to let him compose himself but he couldn’t get it together and the examiner got hold of his arm and reassured him. Very kind.

Passed my Mod 2 yesterday - I am so chuffed.

Very nice examiner called Jon at Atherton DVSA Test Centre.

Got a few minors, road position, control - stalled, not making progress - doing 30 in a 40 when i thought it was a 30. First time i have ever been criticised for going too slow!

I thought i had failed though. Towards the end i heard his voice say "This road is a 20 zone" He said something after that i didn't quite catch but was convinced i had failed. Made it back to the test centre feeling rather deflated and gave my instructor a thumbs down. We went into his office for the debrief to be told "Congratulations i am pleased to inform you that you have passed" - It was a major WTF? moment. He asked why i was so surprised and I said i thought i had failed for speeding in the 20. He said i mustn't have head him say that because the repeaters have been removed due to roadworks it is not classed as a fault.

Really enjoyed the ride back to the test centre on the MT-07 i had used and it was a nice feeling removing my L plates from my trusty YBR 125. Slightly annoyed though that i had to pay £11 to my insurer when i informed them that i now have a full license...

Time to go big bike shopping now!