New bike...

MrBrightside

So I’ve been off here since Jan...had so much going on, some good, some bad, but just haven’t really had the time.

The last time I posted up on here I still had the Hayabusa. Since then, new car, new bike too. f**k it I’m having a selfish moment in life...

Anyway, i doubt it will be a popular choice, but I went this route for my own reasons, and it’s actually a cracking bike to ride.....hope some of you like :wink:

93A48D8C-D285-4CB4-9F49-47EC04BF56E5.thumb.jpeg.b65341fae7333794c905f96cd191b26a.jpeg

Yes, it’s better than I thought it wis had be. Only gripe is the seat. It’s so uncomfortable that after 45+ mins sitting on it I don’t know if I’ve pissed myself or my gooch has just gone numb, it’s that bad. So I’ve ordered a Corbin which should be here end of the month...

Why’s the seat so bad? I sat on one at a show and immediately didn’t take to the seat but I assumed that’s cos I’m quite short and was too stretched out.

I also read the weights low down and in handles very well- something along the lines of it looking like a cruiser but with enough fun in it to please a seasoned motorcyclist, is that true?

When I look a the motor I think it looks like someone has taken a giant hacksaw and cut a slice off a Merlin engine ! Nice bike .

Thanks guys :thumb:

The bike is great. I rode the Harley sportster and it’s not a patch on the Indian even though the engines are the same size. The Indian puts out higher power and is liquid cooled. Sounds amazing and goes like the clappers in a straight line.

The seat looks great on it and initially feels comfy. But because it’s so narrow and the suspension is very stiff it soon becomes very painful. The Corbin should sort that, and Ill be getting some bullit springless rear shocks at some stage too. Ground clearance is an issue too, as the bobber sits lower than the normal scout. Feels very very light and it’s a pleasure to ride, apart from the seat. And I don’t wear plugs, if rather listen to that Indian soundtrack.

Thanks guys :thumb:

The bike is great. I rode the Harley sportster and it’s not a patch on the Indian even though the engines are the same size. The Indian puts out higher power and is liquid cooled. Sounds amazing and goes like the clappers in a straight line.

The seat looks great on it and initially feels comfy. But because it’s so narrow and the suspension is very stiff it soon becomes very painful. The Corbin should sort that, and Ill be getting some bullit springless rear shocks at some stage too. Ground clearance is an issue too, as the bobber sits lower than the normal scout. Feels very very light and it’s a pleasure to ride, apart from the seat. And I don’t wear plugs, if rather listen to that Indian soundtrack.

Mind if I ask if you tried out the scout or scout 60 before going for the bobber and how you landed on that one rather than the other two models?

Hi mate

Yeah I rode all three. Very nearly bought a customised scout from Moorespeed in Poole, but it sold before I could close the deal. So I rode the scout, not for me. Because of the looks, I’m not over keen on the styling, and the different riding position. The pegs are further forward, and different reach to the bars. Same engine mind. No difference comfort wise. The sixty just felt the same, but underpowered. Plenty will tell you it isn’t, but it really is, and the cheaper alternative.

So I rode the bobber. Instantly connected with it, just felt bang on. Absolutely love the looks, and it goes very well, even batter now it’s stage 1. If you are thinking about a HD Sportster 1200, ride the bobber. It will change your mind.

Sure, HD do the fat bob/boy and breakout 114, immense bikes. But for now I prefer this.

Tried them both but found the bobber immediately uncomfortable, weird ay?

Found I was a little stretched out leg wise on the scout but went out for a one and a half hour bimble and had no discomfort at all.

Immediate thoughts were hmm this feels like its going to be a bit of a fat slug but nope it wasn’t.

Downsides, gear leaver to far away from foot, could only touch it with the tip of my big toe but then I have midget sized feet so can’t blame the bike. They said they’d look into what could be done about it. The turning circle isn’t bad providing you have a road the width of a football pitch! The back brake felt lame.

Upsides. I’d likely keep hold of my licence- I found myself just chugging along admiring the scenery and realised I was riding slower than I do on my 125!?!

Opened it up a wee bit and had to hold on tight, it was a bit of a surprise to say the least, almost brown trousers time! Very pleasantly surprised. It feels like it weighs nothing, very well balanced almost rides itself. The bike got admiring looks and oddly people waved at me which all adds to the sunshiney good vibes.

Just not 100% on it yet,want to try out the triumph T120 and BMW r ninet before committing. Oh and find the moola!