CG125 engine problem

Hi guys,

First of all im sorry for my english. English is not my native language. I just buy old scrap engine for my cg project. It only have 4 gear. The problem that i had is the engine doesnt have the gear limit ( i dont know what this thing call). If i shift gear up after gear number 4 it will go to neutral then if i shift gear up again it will goes back to gear number 1. Do you guys know what is the problem? Thank you

Hello , is this old scrap engine a Honda CG engine or is it a Chinese copy of a CG engine ? I have a lot of experience of Honda CG 125s but I have no explanation for your problem .

Hello , is this old scrap engine a Honda CG engine or is it a Chinese copy of a CG engine ? I have a lot of experience of Honda CG 125s but I have no explanation for your problem .

TB2lsfQXkOWBuNjSsppXXXPgpXa_!!2528942207.thumb.jpg.4e9ccae6e654753c574ce20fd5dbd04e.jpg

TB2wFrUXeOSBuNjy0FdXXbDnVXa_!!2528942207.thumb.jpg.aa062ee88f6ff77a3a4372406ec85ace.jpg

its a scrap engine that i buy from china. from your question make me realize maybe its a china copy engine. what do you think?

It looks like a genuine Honda engine to me . I cannot explain why the gear box works in the way that you describe . It cannot be correct because it would be very dangerous to shift from 4th gear to 1st when moving .

Yup it's to dangerous to ride with this engine! But i still ride it. Lol. I hope someone know what is the problem or else maybe i send it back to them. But cost me a lot to send it back

It should not be possible to change "up" from 4th to 1st.....Surely the end of the channel in the selector drum would stop the selector forks from moving any further? Or am I missing something?

Actually i also dont know what is the problem because i still didnt open the engine. When the engine arrive i just try it out. The engine was smooth and had no other problem other than that problem. If i have a time, i will try to take a look at it by next two week. Will update it to you guys

from the website that i buy the engine, it said they refurbished it. Maybe they put different kind of gear shift like in the pic? both for cg125 that i found on the internet

1.thumb.jpg.720f5742eb6dd175840ae5334f78856b.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.820487c73fa8f9707b57ffa4d38f8079.jpg