abloy 362 using directly on the sprocket?

I've been looking at security options when out playing/commuting & lugging a 16mm 2m 3kg chain with a padlock on a naked is not my idea of fun; although having my bike nicked isn't of course. However, it got me thinking, my storage space under the seat is limited, but I can easily fit an Abloy 362 underneath, then when stationary just attach it to the rear sprocket, make sense?

A lot stronger, safer than an oxford disc lock etc & simple to attach, remove.

Any thoughts on why this is a bad idea?

Any thoughts on why this is a bad idea?

It isn't. If you can fit the lock so that the hasp is on the inboard side of the sprocket, it should be a ball-ache to cut off, even with a disc cutter, so I reckon it's a really good move. :thumb:

I have 3 locks for them forum sponsor https://www.brindleychains.co.uk/collections/mul-t-lock-high-security-padlocks

might be worth a look!

they also do chains in any length too so you may be able to get a small chain? although they are bloody heavy!

Does this sponsor involve some comission your way from forum sales? :lol:

I have 3 locks for them forum sponsor https://www.brindleychains.co.uk/collections/mul-t-lock-high-security-padlocks

might be worth a look!

they also do chains in any length too so you may be able to get a small chain? although they are bloody heavy!

Does this sponsor involve some comission your way from forum sales? :lol:

No none at all!

But why would I have a sponsor and not recommend them!

They sell decent stuff at a competitive price and I would also like to keep sponsors to keep the forum free to use for the members ;-)