Not giving priority fine

Via

Give priority means exactly that. The opposing vehicle has the right to go first! There is nothing in the highway code, at least not that I can recall, which says that the opposing traffic MUST go first!

I can't see how they could fine for this.

We approach junctions and are often waved or flashed out ... traffic on the major road has the priority but nothing says they MUST go before me.

@fastbob just had a look at the Tufty club- only a very special kind of special could get that load of nonsense.

Scroll down to the comments at the bottom of the page in green- it definitely appealed to a very specific sector of society :shock:

https://www.rospa.com/about/history/tufty/

There are some great quotes on that tufty page

" I used to be a member of your club. I was so proud, I put it on my CV and everything"

If two people with the same qualifications turn up to a job, but only one lists being a member of the tufty club that could be the clincher.

@fastbob just had a look at the Tufty club- only a very special kind of special could get that load of nonsense.

Scroll down to the comments at the bottom of the page in green- it definitely appealed to a very specific sector of society :shock:

https://www.rospa.com/about/history/tufty/

There are some great quotes on that tufty page

" I used to be a member of your club. I was so proud, I put it on my CV and everything"

If two people with the same qualifications turn up to a job, but only one lists being a member of the tufty club that could be the clincher.

They’d be way ahead in my book, sense of humour or nutter either way they’d make for good work day entertainment!

I offered my tufty club membership card when I withdrew the money from the bank for my new bike. Sadly it wasn't accepted as proof of ID. Neither was my membership of the Dennis the Menace fan club.

It a sad and suspicious world we live in.

Give priority means exactly that. The opposing vehicle has the right to go first! There is nothing in the highway code, at least not that I can recall, which says that the opposing traffic MUST go first!

We approach junctions and are often waved or flashed out ... traffic on the major road has the priority but nothing says they MUST go before me.

The red Mandatory circle sign is what says you must give priority....

The red Mandatory circle sign is what says you must give priority....

I agree with the order Tim. Must give priority but my argument is that if they give up that right there is nothing in the code to say that they HAVE to go first.