Nob of the Day.......

Tango

So I had my first geniune Smidsy yesterday except they weren't sorry, given that they never saw me at all.

I was going coming home going along a nice empty NSL road. Lots of bends, beautiful weather. Home is just 10 minutes away. Then, coming up to this junction

image.png

a black car drove up on the side road on the right as I was approaching, just where the blue car is in the picture. I was a bit cautious and wound the speed back to about 50, but then I saw them stop at the junction and I assumed they'd seen me, but I held back on going any faster, thinking I'd clear the jucntion first. They waited a second or two, until I had come to within just of them, and then they pulled out right in front of me. :roll: Lots of braking, and a little skitter of the heart followed, along with some conscious clearing of any red mist.

I guess I'm lucky this is the first time someone's done a completely blind I-pull-out-and-you-die manoevre (how *do* you spell that word?) on me.

All due credit to your anticipation skills there, that could easily have been a serious incident if you hadn't prepared for the worst. Well done coming out of it in one piece.

My nomination of the day is the biker on the A55 heading from Conwy towards Chester. I was making progress keeping up with the heavy traffic flow at a steady 70 when I noticed a bike coming up behind me rather quickly.

I moved over to let them pass which he did at huge speed, then proceeded to weave in and out of traffic carving cars who had no chance to see him coming.

Riding in jeans, trainers with a kid on the back in just a parka. Total pillock way to ride.

"That guy's gotta stop...he'll see us " James Deans last words according to his passenger. Glad you came through unscathed .

The builder who is working on the house behind us.

7.00am is apparently an acceptable time to start using a jack hammer and shouting to your mates.

If it makes you feel any better, a big man has just started cutting through paving slabs in my front garden.

The builder who is working on the house behind us.

7.00am is apparently an acceptable time to start using a jack hammer and shouting to your mates.

Yes 7am is the law .. 9am on weekends ..

It may be legal - but it's rather annoying when you've been on call out all night and just got your head down for some kip.

However, when the Bobber arrives I think a sound test of the exhausts might be in order - in the early hours - outside a certain builder's dwelling place. :twisted:

He is only earning a living - 7am is fine. I have been up for around 90 minutes by then! :mrgreen:

I'm at my desk by 7am most days. 5.15am wake-up and often dont goto bed until past midnight.

Sleep is overrated.

Edited by Joeman

Huh, pussy. up at 4.30 each morning and working by 5.45! Coffee is an amazing thing, definitely not de-caff though. :lol:

You go to bed?

Bloomin ‘eck. Lightweight or what? I’m too busy working or cleaning up after my children to go to bed!

Huh, pussy. up at 4.30 each morning and working by 5.45! Coffee is an amazing thing, definitely not de-caff though. :lol:

You go to bed?

Bloomin ‘eck. Lightweight or what? I’m too busy working or cleaning up after my children to go to bed!

You were lucky, etc etc

He is only earning a living - 7am is fine. I have been up for around 90 minutes by then! :mrgreen:

I'm at my desk by 7am most days. 5.15am wake-up and often dont goto bed until past midnight.

Sleep is overrated.

But you sleep on the way home on the train and end up at some other station hence not getting to bed till late :lol: :lol:

Sleep is overrated.

But you sleep on the way home on the train and end up at some other station hence not getting to bed till late :lol: :lol:

That's my body shutting down like a laptop with no power.. can't be helped! Haha

Sleep is overrated.

That's my body shutting down like a laptop with no power.. can't be helped! Haha

Your hibernation levels need adjusting :lol:

When will people learn.. never complain how tired you are! Everyone piles in with how much more tired and how much earlier they get up than you.. and how getting up at 3.30 am is somehow a good thing.

Especially do not complain in front of parents, because they will soon let you know that as a person without children you have no concept of true exhaustion (which I'm inclined to believe seeing how quickly it seems to age people!)

I think after the weather it's the nation's favourite topic of conversation :roll: :lol:

When will people learn.. never complain how tired you are! Everyone piles in with how much more tired and how much earlier they get up than you.. and how getting up at 3.30 am is somehow a good thing.

Especially do not complain in front of parents, because they will soon let you know that as a person without children you have no concept of true exhaustion (which I'm inclined to believe seeing how quickly it seems to age people!)

I think after the weather it's the nation's favourite topic of conversation :roll: :lol:

Parents and pet owners.

I go to bed 1am, 2am the dog wakes me up needing to go outside. 3am the baby is awake so I relocate to the spare room. 4am the cat decides he wants feeding. 5:15 my alarm goes off. That sequence of events happens to me on a regular basis.

"I gets up 2 hours before I go t'bed. Work 25 hours a day at t'mill AND pay t'owner for the privilege" "Tell that to the youngsters of today and the won't believe you!" :mrgreen:

Eeee tha dunt na thas bayn