2018 Rally attendance and discussion

Stu

I haven't paid for mine yet, so if it's paid for let me know i'll give you the cash to cover it if that works.

See y'all tomorrow! i'll be on a bike (on a flatbed lorry) :up:

no one pays until the day :wink:

oooh guy asked me to pay on the phone and i had no card with me at the time said i'd pay on the day :D

you give card details to secure it and it shouldn't come out till the day

no one pays until the day :wink:

oooh guy asked me to pay on the phone and i had no card with me at the time said i'd pay on the day :D

you give card details to secure it and it shouldn't come out till the day

Makes sense. Will sort tomorrow.

I haven't paid for mine yet, so if it's paid for let me know i'll give you the cash to cover it if that works.

See y'all tomorrow! i'll be on a bike (on a flatbed lorry) :up:

Not paid but as I said I booked 3 pitches and only 2 coming so if you're prepared to admit you're with me claim Maia's pitch

I'll work out who's paying what with them. If they want to take all 3 off my card I'll mug you

Soooooooo, can biker stuff go in the dryer on the lowest setting?

May have decided to wash all my stuff last night and left it out to dry and it seems to have pissed it down :lol:

Worst cop out ever to go in the car :lol:

I presume its ok to pop in for a few hours on Saturday. Hope so , see you all tomorrow.

What time are you thinking as we are all going for a ride at around 12:30 ish!

Not sure when we will be back

I presume its ok to pop in for a few hours on Saturday. Hope so , see you all tomorrow.

What time are you thinking as we are all going for a ride at around 12:30 ish!

Not sure when we will be back

Hi Stu , dunno really, I'll just see how the day turns out , its a nice run from where I am anyway . thanks for the info .

OK, so there was a general agreement that was not the best rally, shall we say! The venue overall was too small. The broken light in the male showers made showering fun. The room for the karaoke was not ready and not ideal. The staff were friendly but disorganised. The weather was terrible. The ride out was on roads that were covered in crap and at times dangerous. The nice beer (Lad) ran out.

BUT -

I had lots of laughs, so did the rest of us.

That first night when ALL of us were gathered round the campfire and it was still dry, was fantastic.

The food in the hotel was superb and there was another really nice beer which did not run out (Glow).

The fancy dresses were great and the idea to bring spare basic ones (the plastic bib things) for those without, was really good.

Bridgnorth was lovely.

The shower light was fixed.

We cannot help with the rain and at least the number of rooms meant some could switch from leaking tents to sleeping on spare beds.

So, I still a great time and the 12 hours I spent on the motorway getting there and back was worth it. :cheers:

I have to agree! The Saturday night was a bit flat compared to some of our previous shennanigans! :lol:

I don't really know why! I don't think it was us!

Not being able to set up till after 9 and having to finish at half12 was not ideal!

I really like the place and the food but it just didn't suit our rally.

We still had a good time overall but I think we'll be trying to find a different venue for next year :cheers:

I have to say I quite enjoyed this years, I had a crap ride to and from the venue but that was down to me and the weather!

Friday night was cold but again can't control the weather, but the people are what makes the rally so good for me and the company was good as usual! So I had a great time, as mentioned the venue didn't accommodate us too kindly and the owner vanishing was a bit of a low move from him. The lack of a dedicated function room didn't help but I think the saturday was still enjoyable, I didn't have a bad time anyway - the endless arse smacking was fantastic 8-) .

I think we should take some of what did work well for next year.

I think we should make sure there is a fire like the one Gin brought and we make a point of gathering around it on the Friday night.

We should encourage people to bring as many camp chairs as possible.

We should encourage people to bring a few more tarps in case it rains, so there are still places to sit and keep dry.

For those who cannot bring/have not got fancy dress, we combine previous years face painting with this years bibs.

Agree with pretty much all the points raised re this year's venue - lack of toilet facilities on a site that size (regardless of there being a group of pissed-up bikers there!) was dire!

We were aware that the pub owner wasn't going to be there over the weekend, but we had been assured (in person) that everything would be fine. The staff did their best and worked hard, considering they knew nothing about our social until Saturday morning. Although the pub & food were both lovely, the venue just wasn't quite right for us.

Those of you who have been rallying with us for some time will be aware of just how difficult it is to find a venue that meets all our requirements - to date I think The Bull In'T Thorn (however the f**k you spell it!) has been the best. Unfortunately, due to greedy breweries, the landlords jacked it in and the pub closed, otherwise we'd have been back there again this year!

Sooooo it looks like we have to find somewhere else for next year! Requirements are as follows:

Camping space

Electric hook up pitches

Bed & breakfast rooms (minimum of 4 rooms)

Dedicated function room/space

All of the above, and in a fairly central location geographically, to make it accessible for as many people as possible!

Some of us spend hours each year researching & visiting possible venues and it is really difficult to find exactly what we need, and we could do with some help.

We would really appreciate it if you could all try and do a bit of research - the sooner the better - so we can maybe find our venue for next year and get it booked early.

We did hear a rumour that The Bull In'T Thorn has reopened, so Rennie & I may go on a bit of a recce to see if said rumours are true :)