Finally found a bike!

elizabethf

I feel like I need a place to go to in order to ride at the moment as I get soo confused as to where I’m going.

I’m hoping to go to my first meet at the end of the month on my 125.

I don’t get out too much at the moment. The joys of having three young boys and a pug 😂

I know what you mean , i like to have a destination.

I feel like I need a place to go to in order to ride at the moment as I get soo confused as to where I’m going.

I’m hoping to go to my first meet at the end of the month on my 125.

I don’t get out too much at the moment. The joys of having three young boys and a pug 😂

Find a cafe or some other place for a drink and a bite to eat, then plot a route there and back. that will give you focus.

I sometime go to a cafe 7 or 8 miles away but may go 50 mile to get there. :D

This Fridays ride for a sandwich is about 50 miles each way.

I didn’t even think of that. That’s a great idea!

Will definitely start doing this, probably on sundays when I have more time. Thanks for the advice!

I should probably update now that I like going out on the bike when I have the time for a bit of fun, as Im getting more confident with riding now so enjoy it more, and some stuff I simply want to practice, so going out and seeking them in my own time, perhaps when its a bit quieter on the road, helps loads!

And yes as a previous poster said, I stalled a lot at first. My hill starts could still be better. And 9/10 my cornering is fine, but 1/10 I dont quite look where I should resulting in over steering BUT I do recover it pretty well. It's all coming together though now and Its not a nerve wracking thing to commute each day anymore.

This Fridays ride for a sandwich is about 50 miles each way.

....Speak for yourself, mate, I'm going for the full English!!!! :thumb:

Petrol and bacon, a match made in heaven!

I did 590mile round trip for fish and chips, not even that keen on fish to be honest.

Any excuse is a good excuse :D

But did you have curry sauce? I try to only have fish and chips when we go to Yorkshire (though we had some nice ones in Saltburn) but I ALWAYS have curry sauce!

Seriously - who would fancy a run up to Whitby for fish and chips? I'm up for it. Make it a 2 dayer. And there's some bloody good pubs up there, as well. And a good hotel in the centre of Whitby - the Resolution on Flowergate. :cheers:

I did 590mile round trip for fish and chips, not even that keen on fish to be honest.

But did you have curry sauce? I try to only have fish and chips when we go to Yorkshire (though we had some nice ones in Saltburn) but I ALWAYS have curry sauce!

Seriously - who would fancy a run up to Whitby for fish and chips? I'm up for it. Make it a 2 dayer. And there's some bloody good pubs up there, as well. And a good hotel in the centre of Whitby - the Resolution on Flowergate. :cheers:

2 days up to Whitby and back! its only up the road :lol:

There is better chippies in Hornsea and withernsea but the night life is a bit well non existent :?

Curry sauce, mushy peas and bread bun with butter :D

Run to whitby would be good I would however struggle to book that in before 2020 :(

As this isn't really about finding bikes I'm starting a new thread in General Rideouts/Meets. See if anyone else is daft enough to come up for it.

Cheers

S23

Cob here in Derbyshire. But I've worked all over the UK so I speak all tongues.

I was working in Dartford once and we called into a cafe, I said to my mate don't ask for a bacon cob as she won't know what you're on about... 20 seconds later "large bacon cob duck please" :lol: