Lock up the farm animals Goat is on a trip. Plus commentary

goat

Just looking online, officially there are an estimated 4000 homeless people on the streets of England as a whole. There are an estimated over 4100 homeless in Portland alone. Will stop harping on about it now, just I meet quite a few homeless in my job and always think 'there but for the grace of god go I'.

Still in Seattle, got taken to an Ethiopian restaurant by a neighbour here the other day, was ok enough, not the tastiest food I've eaten but good all the same.

Went to a party at a friend of the people we are staying with. Mainly bike people. Plenty of food and drink, camped in their garden, bit hungover today. They live in a house A short ferry ride away from Seattle, house is next to a tidal bay/ lake. Very pretty.

IMG_3007.thumb.JPG.24ad1c67ec0001c7a279d4ec7f57600d.JPG

Bikes on the ferry over

IMG_3006.thumb.JPG.87b627e1c38b0b75e6999fe603e5e1ed.JPG

Probo go awf for a ride tomoz and give the bike a run out before it gets shipped home sometime this week I think,

They live in a house A short ferry ride away from Seattle, house is next to a tidal bay/ lake. Very pretty.

I went over to Vashon Island, one day when I was in Seattle. There's an Orthodox monastery there that I went to visit. Later that week I visited Bainbridge Island which was great too.

I tried to like Seattle, but couldn't find the will to succeed. But the islands in Puget Sound were wonderful.

They live in a house A short ferry ride away from Seattle, house is next to a tidal bay/ lake. Very pretty.

I went over to Vashon Island, one day when I was in Seattle. There's an Orthodox monastery there that I went to visit. Later that week I visited Bainbridge Island which was great too.

I tried to like Seattle, but couldn't find the will to succeed. But the islands in Puget Sound were wonderful.

I feel very much the same way, I want to like Seattle but there is something missing that stops me.

We've had a couple of last runs out in the bike before it's picked up on Saturday for shipping.

We went up to a town called concrete Thinking we would head more into the cascades. Stopped for coffee and headed home. The smoke from forest fires is bad here and visibility was poor.

IMG_3023.thumb.JPG.59c7dc1b9b55f2837174021d0cdccf86.JPG

There are mountains in the distance but you wouldn't know it.

We went over to another island to visit a friend of the folks we are staying with on Tuesday and had a good run out. We got another ferry back from Bremerton to downtown Seattle. Coming into the city by boat at night was pretty spectacular

c013f4f4-7090-4817-94a6-a629f578f087.thumb.jpg.df3d51fc3cb88994e2a8436d0b53acd6.jpg

Yesterday we took a good 200 mile run through the foothills of the cascades and went round the mountain loop highway a part gravel road along a beautiful river and through forest.

IMG_3018.thumb.JPG.0044c0e4da6c32a337ad234382fb68eb.JPG

IMG_3019.thumb.JPG.395f0cfbe82f5372ff2a1c46e7d9d28b.JPG

IMG_3024.thumb.JPG.a5aca68f517eb6133590d6e6d3b3caed.JPG

We also stopped at the site of the former town of Oso which was destroyed by a landslide

IMG_3022.thumb.JPG.371e2adc995b9e7d0272bfc1bf450409.JPG

Pretty glad we're not going through British Columbia, as it stands they have over 550 forest fires many of which look like they are along what was our proposed route. Definitely ride it another time though.

Ah well, it can't be everyone's favourite ;)

We went there a few weeks back and they were putting fresher doughnuts in the rotating displays as we arrived - they gave us EVERY SINGLE ONE of the couple of hours old display doughnuts for $8! Literally a bucket full - 34 if I remember right. Yum.

Ah well, it can't be everyone's favourite ;)

We went there a few weeks back and they were putting fresher doughnuts in the rotating displays as we arrived - they gave us EVERY SINGLE ONE of the couple of hours old display doughnuts for $8! Literally a bucket full - 34 if I remember right. Yum.

Christ, how's that diabetic coma working out? The other thing I've avoided but kind of wanted to try is the burger but where the bun is a doughnut.

Bike has gone awf for shipping, here is I riding it into the truck, note the lack of atgatt cos i is pretty damn tuff innit blud.

e56d068c-b699-4002-8bf4-aab851297e61.thumb.jpg.048a9fa0724f33da0353d98c2e5e2153.jpg

We left Seattle today, smog from all the forest fires was terrible, air quality was extremely poor so glad to get away from the city but shame to leave our new friends we were staying with. We're now in anchorage and picking up a hire car to stay near Fairbanks before coming back to Anchorage for a few days.

So ends the motorbike bit of our trip and therefore the relevance to the forum I guess. I might still update the thread but if not thanks for tuning in.

Enjoyable write up [mention]goat[/mention] . Carry on with the diary reports and pictures even with the car. It all makes good reading :thumb:

Is that your wife inside the truck ?

So you see a black person and therefore that must be my wife eh? I expected better than 1950s racist overtones, even from you six 😜

Is it then :popcorn:

Is that your wife inside the truck ?

So you see a black person and therefore that must be my wife eh? I expected better than 1950s racist overtones, even from you six 😜

You know who he is, your lover who left for the US when you could no longer get it up.

You know who he is, your lover who left for the US when you could no longer get it up.

If six couldn't get it up that ramp no wonder he left.

How’s it going in the car?

Going well. Rained most days and cold (10-13 degrees) so quite glad to not be on the bike although keep wishing I still was really. Expensive state is Alaska, we're in an airbnb cooking for ourselves as food out us expensive and not good. Bought a cheese toastie the other day from a nice looking cafe. Was 6.50$, and basically two slices of cheap white bread with slices of processed nuclear orange cheese in it. Horrible.

On the plus side landscape is beautiful, like Scotland would be if they stopped grazing the crap out of it with sheep and too many deer. Also saw the northern lights on Saturday which was spectacular

IMG_3046.thumb.JPG.45c6c34b44767dab57ff67f714690a46.JPG

Not the best pic, much better in real life. Still hoping to see bears, moose and beaver.