2018 Rally attendance and discussion

Stu

I agree I don't think the Saturday night was up to our usual standard but I think that's mostly going to be down to timing, because we couldn't start setting the room up 'til gone 9 we started much later than normal so we were being told to wind up before we'd got properly warmed up. Nothing personal against the pub, they were doing their best for us and were perfectly friendly but the building just couldn't accommodate what we do.

The camping side was fab. Having that little end to ourselves made it feel very sociable and we weren't worried about getting in anyone else's way or them getting in ours. Facilities were mostly very good, couple of small gripes but wouldn't put me off going back.

We'll have another wander round near us see what we can see

I had lots of laughs, so did the rest of us.

That first night when ALL of us were gathered round the campfire and it was still dry, was fantastic.

I think for next year I'll have to find a way to strap a slightly bigger firepit to my bike as the teeny camping BBQ grew a bit thick with ash by the end! But was so lovely to sit around chatting and watching the shooting stars...

Agreed that [mention]yorbandit[/mention] bringing the spare bibs was a really good idea! Think the forum team need to keep a jumbled box of outfits for the time people turn up without one :mrgreen:

I have to agree! The Saturday night was a bit flat compared to some of our previous shennanigans! :lol:

Not being able to set up till after 9 and having to finish at half12 was not ideal!

I think you've probably hit the nail on the head; with lack of space and bad weather.

People were itching to get in their outfits by 6-7pm but then feeling like we were interrupting the dinner guests and general pub locals probably put the dampener on the mood. It's a shame cos once we got into the singing room, apart from it feeling a bit cramped, we saw some Amazing acts :D.

Jay and I were saying, fair play to Lewis, he did a couple on his own and was really good! Especially if [mention]NeilM[/mention] was a little worried of how he'd do with us all.

I didn't have a bad time anyway - the endless arse smacking was fantastic 8-) .

It was worrying how convincing you were...

Lewis plays the guitar (learning to play) and had wanted to bring his acoustic down with him.

But I banned him :lol:

So I'll let him next year.

But you know from the karaoke that incompetence is not a hindrance.

Nah the forum has just run out of spaces to fit all of your shame, you'll have to act dignified for a week or so to make room for the piccies.

Not as shameful as not having a bike, even [mention]Glorian[/mention] has a bike now. pfft.

Lewis plays the guitar (learning to play) and had wanted to bring his acoustic down with him.

Oh Please do! He was so good.

And please pass onto him how much we enjoyed chatting with him on the Friday night, he was a good addition to the music and chatting group around the fire. We kept forgetting his age as he's really got a good head on his shoulders!

I'm surprised no ones stuck a picture of me up yet :lol: saving me the shame?

In all honestly Beefy I'm just aware that the forum doesn't have an "Adult Section" anymore... Therefore any pictures of you up for the general forum population to see will either get me banned or arrested... The front of that skirt was distractingly tight :shock:

IMG_20180811_223430.jpg

Looks like Rennie in the background is trying not to throw up... :lol: !

Though out of every one there, I do think Beefy was the only one who managed to pull :wink:

Oh Please do! He was so good.

And please pass onto him how much we enjoyed chatting with him on the Friday night, he was a good addition to the music and chatting group around the fire. We kept forgetting his age as he's really got a good head on his shoulders!

I'm surprised no ones stuck a picture of me up yet :lol: saving me the shame?

In all honestly Beefy I'm just aware that the forum doesn't have an "Adult Section" anymore... Therefore any pictures of you up for the general forum population to see will either get me banned or arrested... The front of that skirt was distractingly tight :shock:

Yes if only he put as much effort into his school work as he does into his virtual encyclopedic knowledge of music he'd be reyt :shock:

We have spent the last couple of days sorting for Silverstone as I'm on nights over the weekend and pick the motor Home up Monday.

He's not arsed about food,clothes etc. But his playlist has to be spot on :cheers:

He loved it round the fire on Friday night.

He told me Saturday morning it was brilliant because they all spoke to him like an adult and didn't patronise him.

I explained to him. He was a biker by default and that half of the people there probably thought he was older anyway. (I think only Stu and trace who were there and Hoggs from the forum had previously met him)

Still a very happy boy

Cheers :cheers:

He's a credit to you @NeilM he comes across as adult and that's why he got treated that way rather than like a kid :thumb:.

Also I do find that bird on karaoke was mint 8-)

Cheers old lad.

Appreciated :thumb:

IMG_20180811_223430.jpg

Just hold next years rally at a Tranny club somewhere.... did any one not dress as a lady .

I'm supposed to be Freddy Mercury actually ;).

Huh, I thought it was Bruce Jenner. Guess you would've needed a pair of scissors for that costume.