Is This Possible? (or even worth doing)?

Good Morning all, Im new to bikes (cars for 30 years) and this site and am look for some advice.

I've recently gone through CBT and theory test (July) and have bought a 125 to get some experience on. I have been considering going straight to DA, but have noticed that some car drivers take issue with L plates and insist on dangerous overtakes, despite speed\limits - its strange, but as a car driver I wasn't aware of this so much, awareness levels skyrocket once you are on a bike. As such I am considering going through the tests on my 125 in order to get rid of the plates as soon as possible. If I was to do this is there then any restriction on sitting mod1 and mod2 again within say about six months on a larger bike? would I need another theory test or does the existing one remain valid for its full two years? Amongst other things I tend to get a bit nervy at tests, so think the practice on my own bike (that im comfortable with) would be good experience, before moving onto a training schools bigger bike. Any thoughts?

As above.

Get booked in now and you'll have a full licence before the end of September. Then you can keep riding the 125, but without L plates, or you're free to swap it for a bigger bike if that's what you choose to do.

I have been considering going straight to DA, but have noticed that some car drivers take issue with L plates and insist on dangerous overtakes, despite speed\limits - its strange, but as a car driver I wasn't aware of this so much, awareness levels skyrocket once you are on a bike.

So true! there's always a**eholes on the road.

However not all bad. Ive been on my 125 (with L plates) on a dual carriageway that was blocked (evening commuter traffic) on both lanes and I was going down the middle (i was using the outside lane to go straight at the upcoming roundabout)... loads of cars ahead wiggled over a bit to let me through, it was great, like the parting of the sea. They probably were wishing they'd taken up biking so they didnt have to sit in traffic for an hour tbf!

But yes, if you hate how people view your L plates, and your confident, get a few lessons in on a big bike and get the full licence!