After my... disaster on the ride up to the rally, does anyone have any recomendations on gear brand for "General riding" so comfy and waterproof. Don't have obscene budget but happy to spend enough to get what is needed.

GOing to read through the section but some threads are a bit dated! Currently looking at spada gear as i'm quite impressed with the helmet i bought.

Textile i guess. I have a nice leather jacket for most days, but thinking more for longer rides where weather is unpredictable.

My revit jacket i took up to the rally was useless!

Couple of bits around £300.. probably max i can spend on a jacket currently. But if it works it's worth it.

Currently getting ideas with the aim to go NEC in november try pick up a few deals.

My RST textile/leather mix gear was really good until I ripped a massive hole in the arse of it.

I think most gear - including leather - can be waterproof so long as it's treated correctly.

Couple of bits around £300.. probably max i can spend on a jacket currently. But if it works it's worth it.

Currently getting ideas with the aim to go NEC in november try pick up a few deals.

Forget the NEC just for a deal! All deals are long gone these days!

If you're planning on going to the NEC then fair enough but don't go to try and get a bargain!

Massive hole = bad from my understanding fro :mrgreen:

NEC would be nice to go to always hear good things, the show at excel in london is always a bit naff. If i can get a deal great, if not i've only lost £20 in fuel and my ticket price for a day out :)

I have always found Weise or Hein Gericke to be good (ie. waterproof, hardwearing and looks OK) while not being too dear.....worth a look, at any rate. Sportsbikeshop got loads of Weise gear at good discount.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/236/(all;product_rating;DESC;0-0;all)/page_0/max_20

Edited by Anonymous

I have always found Weise or Hein Gericke to be good while not being too dear.....worth a look, at any rate.

Did used to have a hein gericke shop in braintree. Think i walked in once and saw £800 - £1000 per item walked straight out :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Like I say if you are planning on going it will be worth looking but if you are just going to get a bargain then the cost of the transport entrance parking food etc will just offset any savings! It's not like it used to be unfortunately!

A 7 years ago I saved 150 quid on a helmet but last year I only saved 20 quid on rrp but could get the helmet for the same price outside of the show!

I highly rate anything by halvarssons, jofama, lindstrands. I wear my textiles all year round with no real issues.

My lindstrands jacket I am especially impressed with. It's £130 of awesomeness in my eyes. 3 years and it's still not leaking, even though it has vents right down the sides of it.

I highly rate anything by halvarssons, jofama, lindstrands. I wear my textiles all year round with no real issues.

My lindstrands jacket I am especially impressed with. It's £130 of awesomeness in my eyes. 3 years and it's still not leaking, even though it has vents right down the sides of it.

Not actually heard of those before. Will keep an eye out / check online. Thats a pretty good recomendation.

I've bought from sportsbike shop before - they're very good. But I got my leathers from my local dealer which was actually a fair bit cheaper like for like (even before I negotiated a 15% discount) so its deffo worth a visit to yours - some things are good to try in person.

I've bought from sportsbike shop before - they're very good. But I got my leathers from my local dealer which was actually a fair bit cheaper like for like (even before I negotiated a 15% discount) so its deffo worth a visit to yours - some things are good to try in person.

I also have a unique... physique... so trying stuff on is good.

+1 for goretex, got a Frank Thomas goretex jacket and a pair of roll up goretex over trousers from work that I kept in top box as wore Kevlar jeans most time, got caught in a horrendous downpour and was bone dry (well between ankles and neck) amazing stuff.

Also bought a pair of trainers a while back and didn't realise they were goretex until they turned up, they were just as good, wore them on rubber dinghy thing at Thorpe Park, ended up standing in 2 inches of water with nice dry feet :)