Not actually heard of those before. Will keep an eye out / check online. Thats a pretty good recomendation.

If a local shop to you does not stock them, then motolegends.com are pretty helpful. And stock pretty much halvarssons whole range.

I have the Alpinestars Andes jacket and trousers. They’re a couple of years old and although it’s not goretex it’s Alpinestars own waterproofing Drystar, it’s never leaked. I did look at the Wolf Tec-Touring jacket which is currently reduced from £350 to £210 at Sportsbikeshop. It’s waterproof and has that fancy Outlast material in it too. I ordered it but I’m having to exchange it as the wrong size jacket was on the hanger for the size I ordered. I thought it seems a very good jacket for the price and you can get the matching trousers which are reduced at the moment too.

Outlast is magic. I've got it in my gloves just now and it keeps my hands at a nice temperature throughout the year.

My next jacket and trousers will definitely have it.

+1 for goretex, got a Frank Thomas goretex jacket and a pair of roll up goretex over trousers from work that I kept in top box as wore Kevlar jeans most time, got caught in a horrendous downpour and was bone dry (well between ankles and neck) amazing stuff.

Also bought a pair of trainers a while back and didn't realise they were goretex until they turned up, they were just as good, wore them on rubber dinghy thing at Thorpe Park, ended up standing in 2 inches of water with nice dry feet :)

Got a frank thomas leather jacket about 7 years ago for £100 and i still use it today. So tempted by more of their kit if i can get it for the right price.

water proof over trousers and jacket that fold up next to nothing ... sorted .

I tried that - keeps the rain off but it gets all stuffy and sweaty.

That’s all I ever used , never got stuffy or sweaty .

Couple of bits around £300.. probably max i can spend on a jacket currently. But if it works it's worth it.

Currently getting ideas with the aim to go NEC in november try pick up a few deals.

Right, this is all my opinion so take what you will.

Frank Thomas and Oxford will do fine for a short time but then I think they will start to fall apart sooner than others and I def remember my Frank Thomas gear giving up on any chance of waterproofing pretty quick.

Also, just look at [mention]RantMachine[/mention] for the Oxford gear... :lol:

I highly rate anything by halvarssons, jofama, lindstrands. I wear my textiles all year round with no real issues.

My lindstrands jacket I am especially impressed with. It's £130 of awesomeness in my eyes. 3 years and it's still not leaking, even though it has vents right down the sides of it.

You say you haven't seen these brands Glorian, but my jacket with the high vis tabard in is Halvarssons and the biker jeans I used to wear were Lindstrands!

I would say they're a little on the pricey side though, that might just be my local dealership not willing to budge on his prices though :roll:

Finally, for the price you're looking at, I really rate the Richa gear. We were able to get [mention]Saddlebags[/mention] his jacket and trousers as a set for about £300. Though I've now stolen the trousers, he's still wearing the jacket through snow and rain and seems pretty happy with it.

My Halvarssons jacket doesn't have enough venting for me, so when it's hot I do heat up pretty bad, so I'm maybe looking into Richa gear next as I've always worn their gloves and loved them.

Also Jay says look at Wolf. :mrgreen:]

Edit: Oh and I forgot, look into bottles of Nikwax for re-waterproofing stuff. :D Ask Jay for more info as he knows WAY more about it than I do!

Outlast is magic. I've got it in my gloves just now and it keeps my hands at a nice temperature throughout the year.

My next jacket and trousers will definitely have it.

Outlast seems pretty fancy stuff. I’d only seen it in Rukka and jackets that were nudging £800-1000. So for it to be in a jacket that’s currently on offer for nearer £200 seemed a pretty good. Was impressed by the Wolf jacket I did receive, just a pity it was on the wrong hanger!