Pinlock visor

Sorry for all the silly questions

My viper helmet is pin lock ready but I’m not sure which one I need as I can’t remember the model number of the helmet does anyone know where I can find the model number for the helmet or advise on the pin lock I’d need (not the dark one as the helmet has a drop down dark visor already)

Thanks

Is the model number on a label somewhere in the helmet? All the Viper helmets that I can find that are pinlock ready seem to have an insert included, so back to the shop! No pinlock - money back, please!

Most bike shops would have installed the pin lock for you and explained how to look after it or at least asked you if you were familiar with how it worked. I expect the helmet came with the pins but not the actual pin lock visor. Helmet model and size should be on the helmet somewhere but it might be in very small font, my SCHUBERTH ones use minuscule fonts.

I promised myself a new helmet when I passed my test but bought a number plate instead. Now the temperature has gone down a few degrees I remember why I wanted a new helmet- so I could get one less foggy with pinlock.

Went to Helmet city and tried an HJC which was a terrible fit then a shoei which was expensive but an excellent fit. Came away without purchasing as wanted to do a bit of reading before parting with the readies and landed on this helmet-

http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/shoei-neotec-2-matt-blue-metallic/

Dont really want to spend this much but am taken by the reviews and how every part is replaceable also looks like it’ll be warm.

Any views from the pews?

Well I can offer you this - not sure of the difference between the ryd and others available in blue

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/shoei-ryd-motorcycle-helmet-1227686/

OR if you're a bit more flexible good deals to be had on "last years colours" on the GT Air (I love my air but I will warn you replacement parts are a bit steep new cheek pads and visor are 50 quid each)

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/shoei-gt-air-graphic-motorcycle-helmet-1216180/

I didn't realise the neotech was a flip up! personally I wouldn't get any benefit from one as I seem to visit the only 3 petrol stations who don't care if you wear a helmet with the visor up :lol:

SCHUBERTH C3 or C4 also worth a look if you want a flip lid. The integrated comms are brilliant.

What coms system do they use? Any good for music?

I use the SC1 in my C4 and it connects to my iPhone and up to 2 or 3 other devices, can't remember exact number. I have tested the music playback on the iPhone and it works very well but tend to use more for sat nav instructions and phone calls, both of which are crystal clear even at speed. Not that I get many calls as I tend to dissuade people calling me when I'm on the bike.

That’s a bargain compared with the Neotec!

It was the GT air that I tried on, it was a perfect fit, very comfortable. Do you reckon Shoei helmets are the same shape inside?

I've got a GT-air. Excellent helmets. Shoei helmets are always very good.

Only complaint is that the internal visor doesn't come down far enough so with the main visor open you get a blast of air under the internal visor. Its really annoying.

I promised myself a new helmet when I passed my test but bought a number plate instead. Now the temperature has gone down a few degrees I remember why I wanted a new helmet- so I could get one less foggy with pinlock.

Went to Helmet city and tried an HJC which was a terrible fit then a shoei which was expensive but an excellent fit. Came away without purchasing as wanted to do a bit of reading before parting with the readies and landed on this helmet-

Dont really want to spend this much but am taken by the reviews and how every part is replaceable also looks like it’ll be warm.

Any views from the pews?

So are you going for it? Will you get the comms as well? We must know. :popcorn:

Edited by Anonymous

Any views from the pews?

Good grief that's a frightening price.

That said, I'd always buy the most comfortable, well-fitting lid I could afford. And also I wouldn't buy a lid that didn't have an internal visor - they're so freakin' useful.

Doing what all good grown up children do, I’m putting it on my birthday wish list and hoping someone’s nuts enough to buy it for me.

....cheapest I have found......https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/382907

SCM, you b*****d ( :D ), just when I thought I had bought enough new toys......now you've set me off on new helmet time. You know that feeling that goes from "glance" to "hmm - could be interesting" to " very interested - let's do a bit of research" to "obsessed - now how can I justify a low-food diet for the family for a couple of weeks".......guess which stage I'm at now? And, sadly, the comms gear is looking like a necessity as well....

Gotta be Anthracite to match the bike.......

Doing what all good grown up children do, I’m putting it on my birthday wish list and hoping someone’s nuts enough to buy it for me.

....cheapest I have found......https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/382907

SCM, you b*****d ( :D ), just when I thought I had bought enough new toys......now you've set me off on new helmet time. You know that feeling that goes from "glance" to "hmm - could be interesting" to " very interested - let's do a bit of research" to "obsessed - now how can I justify a low-food diet for the family for a couple of weeks".......guess which stage I'm at now? And, sadly, the comms gear is looking like a necessity as well....

Gotta be Anthracite to match the bike.......

Your welcome :D

“Enough new toys” what is this “enough new toys” you speak of? I heard some monks n stuff can go low toy but “enough” no, that’s a misnomer spread about by Buddhists and weirdos that live in trees living sustainable lifestyles.

Gotta be worth a week or two on pure carbs potatoes, pasta n bread, no family would complain about that when they see the joy your new toy brings. It’s been in the papers recently that a review of all the research has shown carbs are not bad for you and we should be eating them so really your putting your family first :wink:

As you’re going to cave before I get mine you can come back and tell me how great it is.