UK.. more money than sense.

Gerontious

As.for the remoners who ride bikes think next time you have an accident and your rushed to the nearest NHS hospital that treats you think !! thank God we left the EU

Won't be any doctors or nurses there though as they'll have all gone back home :popcorn:

Yep that’s pretty much the state of things. I find it more than annoying that doctors n nurses are not considered ‘Essential workers’ but lorry drivers are (that’s ok, just how is a medical person not?!). When you have a little gander at the cost of what’s delivered we’re doing pretty well. Don’t get me wrong it could be better but do we really want to go back to a model where lower socioeconomic groups die?! That’s what happened before the NHS.

Rant over.1CFC392F-515A-4C2D-82AD-88BABF1B0608.thumb.jpeg.157cf5959c9d5c41b63b9f605912f166.jpeg

WTF do you need GPS on a motor bike for . Just ride the dam thing and when you get to last few miles on your gas you fill up and then where are we .. that was a fantastic ride now late see where that roads goes . Don't need some gps turn left turn right crap ...

As.for the remoners who ride bikes think next time you have an accident and your rushed to the nearest NHS hospital that treats you think !! thank God we left the EU !! AS the EU wants to do away with NHS and make us pay priveat hospitals. So paying out more money just to keep you healthy ..

And what the remoners forget Britain survived before the EU and WILL survive AFTER the EU...

The EU is coming to a crushing.end as number of other countries are just waiting for Britain to leave then they are going to do there own exit ...

The MPs and the EMPs want the EU to remaine as its a GRAVEY TRAIN JOBS FOR THE BOYS scam take that dick junker who does all his work before 12pm as by time it gets to 1pm he is pissed out of his skull drunk .

Do you know the very 1st head of the EU was a member of the NAZI PARTY .. the Third Reich got control or Europe after all .EU is the forth Reich...

IMG_1524.thumb.JPG.07d9281e7dabf655134cfbbb3505da36.JPG

WTF do you need GPS on a motor bike for . Just ride the dam thing and when you get to last few miles on your gas you fill up and then where are we .. that was a fantastic ride now late see where that roads goes . Don't need some gps turn left turn right crap ...

Fundamentally hate having my phone stuck on my bike and fully endorse the “let’s see where that road goes method” but as someone who should get sat nav on prescription I couldn’t survive without it. I was using your aforementioned let’s see where it goes method on a test ride a couple of weeks ago and had the usual “it’ll come out somewhere” thought before the slow and painful dawning I was in Wales and no it won’t necessarily come out anywhere in fact in was looking decidedly unpopulated and unsigned. My hours test ride ended up at two hours and thank god for sat nav. Would have been in trouble without it, didn’t have a clue how much fuel they’d put in and there were no petrol stations either!

Back on topic- I still fail to grasp how we can’t have access to something we’ve paid for unless it’s a possessions 9/10s of the law nonsense.

Please tell me you went over the Severn Crossing and didn't realise :lol:

As.for the remoners who ride bikes think next time you have an accident and your rushed to the nearest NHS hospital that treats you think !! thank God we left the EU !! AS the EU wants to do away with NHS and make us pay priveat hospitals. So paying out more money just to keep you healthy ..

And what the remoners forget Britain survived before the EU and WILL survive AFTER the EU...

The EU is coming to a crushing.end as number of other countries are just waiting for Britain to leave then they are going to do there own exit ...

The MPs and the EMPs want the EU to remaine as its a GRAVEY TRAIN JOBS FOR THE BOYS scam take that dick junker who does all his work before 12pm as by time it gets to 1pm he is pissed out of his skull drunk .

Do you know the very 1st head of the EU was a member of the NAZI PARTY .. the Third Reich got control or Europe after all .EU is the forth Reich...

IMG_1524.JPG

39453435_1858250117628885_309249761414742016_n.thumb.jpg.e046c91cacbe325f1550c69dfd3a7859.jpg

meanwhile.. the roads are falling apart. the railway system is a disaster and we have a lovely big aircraft carrier with no aircraft. not to mention all the social problems mostly made worse by lack of money.

Yup... I'm glad you understand how messed up running a council is... central gov't happy to s*** money up the wall on random projects but meanwhile keep cutting funds at local level so we cant fix roads properly / keep streetlights on all night / trim hedges as frequently around main roads / cuts to schools, childrens services, adult care / desperate attempts to protect the fire service which here we also fund/ domestic abuse funding and other community and public health issues given away to other companies...

...and the residents just don't seem to get it! :(

Interesting thread, the americans have a history of turning stuff off based on economic vagaries. They turned off seti a few years ago as not economically viable.

Once a long time ago there was a navigation system called Loran, it was American funded and anyone who could afford a Loran receiver could use the American Loran system to navigate with. It was in many ways similar to the existing gps system.

Loran was switched off by the americans leaving users high and dry, presumably because it cost a lot to run and the users with Loran sets did not pay to use it.

Enter the gps. It is American developed and funded and managed and we who buy gps receivers don't pay the americans to use gps.

What if one day soon the americans decide that gps is not economically viable and they decide to switch it off.

Interesting thought, no more gps. Would british industry in general, the british logistics industry and commerce be crippled? What would the losses to the exchequer then be.

Some companies spend billions a year on new projects. This could easily be a cheap deal for the government compared to losses that could run into many billions each year if gps is turned off.

Hmm I hadn’t considered it from that angle but then if they turned off gps I wouldn’t be able to consider it from any angle as would be unlikely to even find my way out of bed! :D

Worth a ponder. I suppose it could also be used by whoever’s running the system as leverage.

Oh I’m really tired but I’m gonna have to stay up if the grown ups are going to fight :popcorn:

No fight here.. Im still laughing too much about the rather silly idea that somehow SETI was turned off.. a 'few' years ago.

1993.. a little more than a few years ago. NASA withdrew. because some American lawmakers don't believe in the value of science. but SETI just carried on. most of the hardware it uses is owned and run by Universities.. which have nothing to do with NASA or the US Government.

There wont be a fight, Gerontious is making sense it is ludicrous to suggest gps will be shut off but politicians deal in ludicrous ideas and the fear of them.

Politicians hate to not be in control and this European gps will give them control. And if you take the long view as I am sure they do, the costs of this gps is very much less than the social budget, the NHS and the Armed forces, so it looks cheap.

Seti is privately funded it became so after it was ended by Nasa, it is a semantic difference and I was being somewhat flexible to make a point. The important thing is if the control of something is out of your hands then whoever controls it decides if it continues.

Do politicians want to control a system that is central to the interests of the country, I think they do.