Discuss.......

Place your funny or entertaining, stories, videos, jokes and pictures here.
Tango
Bike(s): Triumph Speed Triple 1050, CB750 Project bike
Has Liked: 1406 times
Been Liked: 1044 times

Discuss.......

#1 Post by Tango » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:59 pm

FB_IMG_1536163745219.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I feel the need....the need for Speed......Triple

mikestrivens
Bike(s): Triumph Tiger 800 XCx 2015
Has Liked: 483 times
Been Liked: 578 times

Re: Discuss.......

#2 Post by mikestrivens » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:00 pm

yes but needs to be lower to hit arses.
Regards
Mike Strivens

Bikes:
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx, 2015,
used to have Honda VFR800 & Harley Fatboy
Cars:
Mercedes SL500 R129 V8 (1999); Mercedes E320 W124 S6 (1995); Mercedes S600 W140 V12 (1995).

Slowlycatchymonkey
Bike(s): Hilts Mutt, r ninet
Challenge Score: 70
Has Liked: 411 times
Been Liked: 491 times

#3 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:13 pm

You should have seen how many cyclists were in Cheddar today, it was like when the temperature is just perfect and the flying ants swarm, you’d definitely need more bats!
2018 BMW R nineT
“It’s shit. And as soon as I get home I’m going to buy one.”
That was a fellow journalist’s first impression of the BMW R nineT recently. It’s a pretty accurate summary; the R nineT is somewhat ill-mannered by modern motorcycle standards but also instantly, inarguably, infatuatingly wonderful.

JRH
The Hoggfather!
Bike(s): Bandit1250
Challenge Score: 420
Has Liked: 609 times
Been Liked: 781 times

#4 Post by JRH » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:48 am

@Slowlycatchymonkey You should have been in Leamington Spa on Wednesday. The tour of Britain day 4 leg finished here so the roads were full of tour busses support vehicles and of course cyclists. Some of the roads in the town centre were closed until 6:00pm.

https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/2018/09 ... ngton-spa/
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750

2018 challenge 100
Central England 10 /10
East England 1 / 10
East Anglia 5 / 10
South Wales 2 / 10
North Wales 1 / 10
South England 3 / 10

Pubs 10 / 10

Bender
Has Liked: 180 times
Been Liked: 545 times

#5 Post by Bender » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:52 am

unfortunately that's ill conceived, its going straight over the top of the lycra brigade.
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

Slowlycatchymonkey

#6 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:11 am

@JRH Brrrr I dinna like it!

I was stuck behind 3 guys for quite some distance who deliberately spread themselves across the road to stop you overtaking which I understand on some parts but even on the clear straights they positioned themselves in a way that made it dangerous to pass. I considered a quick beep of the horn but knew it would be fruitless and then I’d be annoyed so I just waited.

Only having recently parted ranks with the Lycra brigade myself (and intending to return when the mood takes me) it was interesting to look at it from the outside and this’ll likely set the cat amongst the pigeons but I was struck by how many aggressive middle aged men there were, if I had to say if overall they were enjoying themselves I’d say no, they look angry. I wondered if they are suffering with hormone problems.
2018 BMW R nineT
That was a fellow journalist’s first impression of the BMW R nineT recently. It’s a pretty accurate summary; the R nineT is somewhat ill-mannered by modern motorcycle standards but also instantly, inarguably, infatuatingly wonderful.

Six30
Wannabe MOD
Bike(s): Triump Speed Triple r
Has Liked: 1048 times
Been Liked: 1858 times

#7 Post by Six30 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 am

I like it .... although Lucille would be more suited
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

kingmunky
Bike(s): 2008 Bandit 650
Has Liked: 21 times
Been Liked: 24 times

#8 Post by kingmunky » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:06 am

Slowlycatchymonkey wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:11 am

I was stuck behind 3 guys for quite some distance who deliberately spread themselves across the road to stop you overtaking which I understand on some parts but even on the clear straights they positioned themselves in a way that made it dangerous to pass. I considered a quick beep of the horn but knew it would be fruitless and then I’d be annoyed so I just waited.

Only having recently parted ranks with the Lycra brigade myself (and intending to return when the mood takes me) it was interesting to look at it from the outside and this’ll likely set the cat amongst the pigeons but I was struck by how many aggressive middle aged men there were, if I had to say if overall they were enjoying themselves I’d say no, they look angry. I wondered if they are suffering with hormone problems.

I'm not a cyclist, and not one to defend them for anything either, but it sounds as though these guys were riding 2/3 abreast? ie. :3some: That's exactly how they're meant to ride - it's easier, and safer, to overtake 2/3 cyclists next to one another than 3 that are riding end-to-end.

Six30
Wannabe MOD

#9 Post by Six30 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 am

kingmunky wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:06 am

I'm not a cyclist, and not one to defend them for anything either, but it sounds as though these guys were riding 2/3 abreast? ie. :3some: That's exactly how they're meant to ride - it's easier, and safer, to overtake 2/3 cyclists next to one another than 3 that are riding end-to-end.

Rubbish ... depends what road your on . On a road that’s not that wide and they are riding 3 a breast ... they deserve Lucille.
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

Slowlycatchymonkey

#10 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:09 am

Depends on the road. The width of the road, length of the straights etc
Lots of the popular roads here have no central road markings, it’s too narrow. They were straddling the width of the road to the extent no-one could safely pass, they knew what they were doing. It’s a move designed to keep traffic behind them and the road ahead of them clear so they don’t have to slow at any point. The majority of Lycra cyclists are obsessed with times and compete obsessively to achieve a better ranking on Strava segment. A quick glance at the queue behind them should have given them a clue what their next move should be!
I regularly see crazy cyclist behaviour but then Cheddar Gorge is one of their top picks.

A couple of weeks ago I turned up a single track (in the car) and a lorry was on coming, squeezing its way through and hedged either side. I started to reverse. A cyclist appeared behind me desperate to squeeze by, I stopped. We all sat there for a while listening to him setting the parking sensors off whilst he refused to come to the conclusion he couldn’t get passed. So I put the cars reverse lights back on to try help him realise he had to back up. He moved back a bit so did I and then he stopped AGAIN looking hopefully that the 2 metres movement may have shrunk the lorry. I’m a patient person but by now his timings would have been wrecked, his obsessive expression and refusal to consider others was beginning to irk. Eventually we reverse back down to the crossroads and the lorry passes. I start to pull away and the cyclist starts to pull around the car (no doubt to perform the above blocking method) and suddenly starts shouting “Idiot idiot what are you doing idiot” I think because I being the vehicle in front had started to pull away and not remained stationary to allow him in front! I had my children in the car so words needed to be carefully chosen, I put the window down and said in a voice that frightenly reminded me of Margaret Thatcher “Mind your manners you silly little man” he had no reply and left sharpish- in front of me!

Anyhoo it’s annoying because most cyclists are perfectly decent road users. It’s the Strava boys n gals that can’t control themselves who spoil it.

@Six30 I’m missing out, I don’t know Lucille?
2018 BMW R nineT

Six30
Wannabe MOD

#11 Post by Six30 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:15 am

Catchymonkey ... Negans friend from the walking dead .

kingmunky
Bike(s): 2008 Bandit 650
Has Liked: 21 times
Been Liked: 24 times

#12 Post by kingmunky » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Six30 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 am
kingmunky wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:06 am

Rubbish ... depends what road your on . On a road that’s not that wide and they are riding 3 a breast ... they deserve Lucille.
Yeah fair point if it's a narrow road, but if it's a regular width road I'd rather pass 2/3 next to each other than a chain of them.

geofferz
Bike(s): Yamaha mt10
Has Liked: 472 times
Been Liked: 413 times

#13 Post by geofferz » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:16 pm

mikestrivens wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:00 pm
yes but needs to be lower to hit arses.
My man!
Spanker of cyclists' arses

Mickly
Bike(s): 15my Speed Triple / 1994 1200 triumph Trophy
Challenge Score: 450
Has Liked: 75 times
Been Liked: 196 times

#14 Post by Mickly » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:35 pm

I was struck by how many aggressive middle aged men there were, if I had to say if overall they were enjoying themselves I’d say no, they look angry. I wondered if they are suffering with hormone problems.
I wonder if this is the reason they keep getting squished by lorries / buses etc
They think their aggression makes them invincible
A bit like a snappy chihuahua that thinks it owns the world only to be eaten by a Rottie.
10/10 Pubs
10/10 SW
10/10 Midlands

Slowlycatchymonkey

#15 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Mickly wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:35 pm
I was struck by how many aggressive middle aged men there were, if I had to say if overall they were enjoying themselves I’d say no, they look angry. I wondered if they are suffering with hormone problems.
I wonder if this is the reason they keep getting squished by lorries / buses etc
They think their aggression makes them invincible
A bit like a snappy chihuahua that thinks it owns the world only to be eaten by a Rottie.
Some of the riding is definitely chihuahua driven! I’ve watched cycling friends careering downhill round blind bends barely (and sometime not) on their side of the road at speeds they have no hope of stopping at. They’ve survived more by luck than judgement and when the rides over and fervours gone they still see it as a risk worth taking to get the time they want. Even if they badly injure themselves they just think it’s bad luck. Utter madness.
2018 BMW R nineT