Eifel Mountains 2018

Bungleaio

I have to ask what can a tree do for a bike mechanically? Was the bike made of wood? If so that might explain why it wooden go boom boom!

[mention]Bungleaio[/mention] I think your going on a great trip that you’ll remember for your entire life, hopefully one of many!

As your new to it (as am I) I look forward to hearing all about your adventure and the riding went.

Enjoy!

@Snod Blatter Visor cleaner aka kitchen towel and I don’t see any biscuits. Bahlsen biscuits seem right.

Those flies have to have been on there more than 5 years....

Honestly, I’ve never seen him ride with a clean visor.

I actually get quite a bit of stick for it at work, the boss seems to take offence to my gear and bikes in general. He talks about bikes a lot but only turned up on a pristine S1000XR about 3 times in the past year, despite talking about it very much. Different worlds..

Anyway, I've now also shoved some clothes into the top box. But I've also remembered I need to nip up the steering head bearings, so forward one step but also back one step.. It better not be constantly raining in the morning. Plus my Loobman never arrived, so I'll be running a dry chain or borrowing spray off someone like a right pleb :crybaby:

Anyway, I've now also shoved some clothes into the top box. But I've also remembered I need to nip up the steering head bearings, so forward one step but also back one step.. It better not be constantly raining in the morning. Plus my Loobman never arrived, so I'll be running a dry chain or borrowing spray off someone like a right pleb :crybaby:

I might have some. I’ll hunt for it :cheers:

He managed to get a courtesy bike, an aprilia shiver 900 but don't worry we are have eaten at least a metric tonne of bread so far this week so all suspension settings will be revised for Saturdays return trip.

You’ve not had a working bike since Tuesday? And won’t again til Friday? That’s frustrating, I hope your using your time wisely and eating enough to test the suspension on your way back!

Not mine :-) [mention]smallfrowne[/mention]

Rain has stopped play a bit today - currently chilling out having a nap trying to fix my calf muscle... which has taken a dislike to being on the GS for 300+ miles every day since Saturday....

Rain has stopped play a bit today - currently chilling out having a nap trying to fix my calf muscle... which has taken a dislike to being on the GS for 300+ miles every day since Saturday....

So we had a rest day, which meant a 200+ mile round trip to France and back, with the fastest miles saved for the end of the day. Far too much food as usual, but with no time for cake :( it's wasn't the complete calorie disaster of Tuesday, from which we are still recovering.

Did anyone go on the Ring this time round?

Any Gee Esses perhaps??

No.. to be honest nobody asked. though I did remind them at the start of the week that we could go either Thursday or Friday - when it would be open. We passed it on Tuesday.. and stopped for a photo. which will be posted sooner or later. And that was it. Very much a riding holiday this time round.. with only one 'spur of the moment' destination... when early morning rain forced us to chase the dry weather southwards into northern France and we went to Verdun.

Gee Esses? one or two. :lol: