How long should a back tyer last

BIKERDAD

Hi every one . Here's a question to the seasoned riders . Last year I had a new BT21 battlax tyer put on my bike (CB750FN2).. so now iv checked it and its almost touching the small MAX death tread . And it's starting to go flat on the crest of the tyer . Its done 6500 miles mostly on motorway an two up .so I say 4K motorway two up .. so is that good for a back tyer on a 750 ... the tyer are sports /tourers . If anyone can let me know if there is a better tyer I'll happy to try. Thanks

Tyre. Tyre tyre tyre tyre

Or at a push

Tire.

As with most things, how long it lasts depends on many factors. However generally the more weight on the tyre the quicker it will wear. 6.5k seems pretty good to me for one that's done most two up. 7-9k is about average for most bike tyres I think.

Or at a push

Tire.

Errr....wash your mouth out, young lady! "Tire" is a foul Americanism which should be treated with the same disdain as things like "muffler", "fender", "gas tank" and "gear shifter" etc. etc. There is a place for all that.......and that place is not here!

(PS. Only joking, Arwen!)

BT21 wear out quickly, one on the fornt of my GSX600 only lasted 6,000. The original Micheln had done 19,000.

Bridgestone seem to be able to make either grippy tyres or long lasting tyres

I put a new Michelin Pilot 2 on the rear at 29,000 currently at 37,000 and looks like it will las another 4-5,000 (total 12-13,000)

If you want longer lasting tyre that still offers good grip (especially in the wet) go for Michelin.

Thanks a lot guys /girls ..

I do lot motorways as the Mrs don't.like me riding bendy roads as she says I go too fast . (Yet she been riding her new bike a few times ..not passed her test.yet ... And she loves doing the bendy roads ) cant win lol so its motorways .unless it me and my bro in law out for a blast ...

So 5 to 6K is good I'll try the Michelin pilot ones next and I'll compare the miles . As again it be motorways and 2.up . Till she passes hers

Thanks. This forum is fab for help and advice .. :3some:

Hi, always use Avon storm 3D's or even old Storm 2, one of the best touring tyres, managed 11500, out of last front, and 9500 on rear, all of which done 2 up with luggage, and brilliant grip wet or dry.😀

Hi, always use Avon storm 3D's or even old Storm 2, one of the best touring tyres, managed 11500, out of last front, and 9500 on rear, all of which done 2 up with luggage, and brilliant grip wet or dry.😀

have storm 2 on the gtr ... 6500mls so far and still shed loads left ..happily take it to the edge of tyre in the wet

Well went out for a ride today and gets back home parked the buke up . Went back out to the garage 3 hours later to cover the bike over .... back tyer flat there is a big nail in the back tyer .Its gone in at a weird angle and its two holes . .. so I need to taken the wheel off and get the new tyer .. just a good thing its not a new tyer. .

No it isn't.. its a rubber covering, typically inflated or surrounding an inflated inner tube, placed round a wheel to form a soft contact with the road.

This has been misspelled by a fella who is known by now to not be the best at written english... a fact that some of us recognise and are perfectly fine with. But.. that some of you use as an excuse to get just a little bit pedantic and superior. An excuse that you seem to almost relish.

I couldn't give a damn.. text is purely used to transmit ideas.. and if the fella has problems with that then I for one am prepared to ignore his mistakes. The ideas he is trying to get across are not difficult to understand unless you make it difficult. or insist on pointing it out. as if there is some desperate importance that everything be 'just so'.

its being a twat for the sake of it. you should try working with people who have difficulties. you might end up just a tad more charitable.