New speed cameras

Liveware Problem

They deserve to go to jail just for that website

H’mm really?

I am aware of someone who installed one of these for when they did track days, apparently it has been known for insurance companies to take down the plate numbers of those taking part to use in evidence in any future claims cases.

I pointed out that it was only 2 screws to take the plate off but apparently that is too much hassle.

So you may or may not see this as a legitimate use of a flip plate.

He sold the bike after a few years before it needed a Mot so don’t know if it would fail or not.

Don’t know if it’s illegal to have one fitted or just to use it on the public highway.

H’mm really?

I am aware of someone who installed one of these for when they did track days, apparently it has been known for insurance companies to take down the plate numbers of those taking part to use in evidence in any future claims cases.

I pointed out that it was only 2 screws to take the plate off but apparently that is too much hassle.

He sold the bike after a few years before it needed a Mot so don’t know if it would fail or not.

Don’t know if it’s illegal to have one fitted or just to use it on the public highway.

I was talking about the website design job.

H’mm really?

I was talking about the website design job.

Hahaha .. nice one 👍

Still amazes me that they aren't all systematically vandalised.

Would be easy to ensure they cost more to repair than they generated in revenue but the Brits are too nice and don't do things like that.

I've seen plenty of vandalized ones , but not nearly enough.

When I got done recently I saw the van , slowed down to a crawl and thought no more of it . The problem is that my idea of a crawl was 6 mph faster than the government's idea of a crawl . When I do my speed awareness course I probably won't mention that in order to fit all the numbers from 0 to 200 mph on a four inch speedo they have to be printed very small . I actually can't blame Suzuki because I do have little coloured stickers at 30 and 70 mph but I don't ride wearing reading glasses. 😎

• 2 weeks later...

I worked in a company in Manchester and one of the managers lived in London close to a satellite office. I knew this man well and what I am about to say is absolutely true.

He was in a meeting in Manchester and received a phone call, his son had been knocked down by a car and was in a coma. He was given just a few hours to live. The phone call was to tell him this. If you want to see him before he dies get down to the hospital without delay.

He said nothing picked up his case and left. He was gatzoed several times on that journey to say goodbye to his son.

When his case came up he said to the magistrate. "It was exceptional circumstances and a mercy dash I was overcome with grief and I admit the offences I will take whatever punishment your worship decides is appropriate".

The magistrate looked him in the eye and said. I am going to make an example of you. He took his license and fined him very heavily.

I think if galley slave openings were available he would have been chained to an oar for the rest of his natural. I was disgusted by the whole episode. I think the magistrate was called Richard Head.

How do you justify such a draconian punishment for a man whos life was in pieces. Compassion is a four letter word. And I have a few choice four letter words for the courts and all those wastrels making a living from the misery of others.

If I hadn't seen that movie Cool hand Luke I would be taking pipe cutters to the cameras but I don't want to spend 5 years in a chain gang and then get shot dead in a wooden hut.

In the words of Mr Pickwick "The Law is a Ass"

This is about as personal as I want to get on here, but I want to balance that a bit.

A few years ago I got a phone call at work to tell me something similar about one of my children.

I drove home.

When I got home a paramedic who had been attending my house drove me to A&E under blue lights.

I should *not* have driven to A&E so I'm glad I was given a lift. No way was I in a fit state. I shouldn't have driven home either really but did.

This isn't too condone the actions of the magistrate, but trust me you shouldn't drive when you are in that mental state. You could easily become an incident yourself.

My best advice to anyone in a similar circumstance is to beg a lift. Please.

My wife went into labour & 10 days overdue, 999 said 15 mins, the hospital is 6 miles away. About half way I got blue lighted, I jumped out the car told the officer she needs A&E, got back in my car & made it door to door all in under 10 mins. It was about 4am. She had an emergency c-section within an hour.

Every situation is different, just as every drivers skillset is different. I'd have told the judge to get f#####.

Whilst at work, I had a phone call from my father to say my mum was seriously ill and being taken to hopsital.

I jumped in the car and started to head to the nearest hospital to them, I was an hour away. Driving home

half way I decided i couldn;t be sure which hospital they would indeed take her, so i called my dad back (hands free of course)

It was then that my dad had told me, she'd died. He also said to drive carefully.

Yes I put my foot down and thankfully I wasn't caught. I just needed to get home

• 4 weeks later...

20 - 30 years ago sci- fi movies predicted what will be today, pretty close, I am happy I am old enough and will not witness 30 - 40 years from now. Total control, cameras will be in our homes including microphones you will not be able to fart freely withot punishments.

20 - 30 years ago sci- fi movies predicted what will be today, pretty close, I am happy I am old enough and will not witness 30 - 40 years from now. Total control, cameras will be in our homes including microphones you will not be able to fart freely withot punishments.

Microphones will be in our homes? They already are, Alexa, Cortana and Siri. Etc.

Microphones will be in our homes? They already are, Alexa, Cortana and Siri. Etc.

I turned off everything :notworking: :notworking: :notworking: