xj600 tank swap and frame

Hi new to the forum. I have an old XJ600 with a damaged frame so am thinking of chopping it and building a bobber. Been doing some research on the style of fuel tank and would like to know if anyone has experience of fitting different tanks, it would appear that the XJ650 Maxim has the same frame and fittings. Also if anyone knows of a frame for an XJ600 1997-8 era with a V5 or complete bike but basket case in the south east for sale. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Hi new to the forum. I have an old XJ600 with a damaged frame so am thinking of chopping it and building a bobber.....

Errr...is that the same as bobbing it and building a chopper?

There is a difference between the two.....a chopper has a cut frame, while a bobber uses the stock item. So what are you going to build? :popcorn:

I'll start again. I have an old XJ600 with a damaged frame so am thinking of CUTTING it and building a bobber.

I am aware of the difference between the two sorry for the confusion.