Nob of the Day.......

Tango

The knobber in a car pulling out of a minor road on the right as I rode along a major. She stopped before ending up providing me a car door to hit (and I braked enough anyway). Not because she pulled out, but because she laughed to her mate quite visibly. Meanwhile I need new trousers.

Then the cars that seem to respond to my (I think safe and reasonable) filtering by pulling over to make the space less navigable!

The knobber in a car pulling out of a minor road on the right as I rode along a major. She stopped before ending up providing me a car door to hit (and I braked enough anyway). Not because she pulled out, but because she laughed to her mate quite visibly. Meanwhile I need new trousers.

Then the cars that seem to respond to my (I think safe and reasonable) filtering by pulling over to make the space less navigable!

I always make sure my point of collision will be with the driver in these cases, it tends to make them look like startled bunny rabbits. It also gives you maximum chance of going round the front or back as the driver is near the middle of the car.

In the case where the van pulled out and stopped, I stopped just be fore the van. The Van driver got found to be 100% at fault when he pulled out and knocked us over, as it could clearly be seen on Cam that he did not look for us beside his drivers window...

Going to work and some woman was stopped at lights on her phone. People carrier at least 3 kids in the car.

I shook my head at her and one of the kids noticed and told her.

She wound the window down and I politely said "Can you please not be on your phone when driving"

To which she replied - I only do it on red lights not green

Oh well in that case it's totally not irresponsible and illegal! :roll:

I’m forming the opinion you need to leave this place.

Definitely the case. Job should be fun and satisfying but feel like my brain is being turned to mush and my soul is being tortured. Might be bearable if the pay wasn't so laughable. Still it's my year of being positive, happy happy joy joy ☠️

Just looking for another job can lift the spirits. Like you’ve checked out before you’ve even left. Brain mush is a nooooo.

I gave a months notice back in April and spent the whole month everytime some childish politically motivated bollo was shoved in my face smiling and laughing as I thought “I dont care” I took up shrugging as well, that was fun.

my manager at work for being a total f**king moron. Christ alive. Promoted by virtue of being there but offering zero ability to do their job in any way effectively.

This is indeed a surprise - I thought we had them all where I work! :-)

This week, the board appointed two more managers. Us lab folk found out via LinkedIn - there still hasn't been any sort of internal communication... We now have a ratio of 2:1 managers:people who do actual, tangible work.

Did I mention that 25% of the lab staff have chucked it in already this year? :lol:

Me: what a plonker. Took the DRZ to work. Left the heated grips on and they're NOT wired into the ignition. Now waiting while the Optimate does its stuff - hopefully before I fall asleep at my desk.

Me, I guess, for nearly being taken out in the same way as last time I posted on this thread, though at a different junction.

2 lanes, no. 1 is left only, No. 2 is left and straight on.

So I attempt to turn left from lane 2 and nearly get driven over by the guy carrying straight on from the left-turn-only lane..

Should have known better :roll:

Today's nomination goes to the rider of the red Ducati who was wedged up my arse on the twisties north of Haverhill.

If this was you then you should be ashamed of yourself - you shouldn't be beaten round the corners by a guy in a diesel Volvo. :-D

2 nominations today.

Whichever bellend decided to surface dress a road near me, the traffic had done a job compacting most of it but despite easing off there was some lovely loose stuff that had me lifting the bike mid corner.

And the cycling twat who looked at me and rode across the rode in front of me. Even if you didn't hear me, I'm pretty certain your partner at least was able to pass my message on.

I am not certain which but fairly certain one or both of these qualify. Forry to those who dont have FB

https://www.facebook.com/XDYLANjNELSONX/posts/10156761825927188?__tn__=C-R

I’ve watched this back over a couple of times. Ignoring the threatening language of the biker and focusing on the driver I’m left wondering if the car driver is visually impaired? He didn’t see the biker originally and doesn’t look even vaguely like a man who’s about to deliberately smash up someone’s bike. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was looking to see if the angry biker was coming after him and didn’t see the bike. He doesn’t look quite right.

I am not certain which but fairly certain one or both of these qualify. Forry to those who dont have FB

https://www.facebook.com/XDYLANjNELSONX/posts/10156761825927188?__tn__=C-R

I’ve watched this back over a couple of times. Ignoring the threatening language of the biker and focusing on the driver I’m left wondering if the car driver is visually impaired? He didn’t see the biker originally and doesn’t look even vaguely like a man who’s about to deliberately smash up someone’s bike. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was looking to see if the angry biker was coming after him and didn’t see the bike. He doesn’t look quite right.

I hope not, it looks like a taxi 😱

I nominate myself

It being such a lovely day I decided to go off on a long bimble on the Speed Triple.

Ended up at the Ponderosa Cafe, then took a long winding route home to Cov via Whitchurch.

All good so far - only encountered a couple of muppets.

On getting home and reviewing my unplanned route I realised that I could have easily bagged a few further TMBF tags .......

DOH, what a complete nob !!

:crybaby:

Nob of a few months!

I was sitting in my car queued in traffic and the traffic in front had started to pull away. I was still stationary and there was a loud cracking noise and the car was bumped forward, only a tiny amount but enough to make me jump out of my skin. The guy behind wasn't looking and had driven into the back of the car. He at first refused to give me his details insisting there had been no damage but when I insisted he got out of his car looked at mine said it was fine and no need to exchange details. I then had to become very insistent he gave me his details. The loud noise and being caught out in the past by agreeing its fine only to discover damage later made me persist.

I could see the paintwork was marked and pointed this out to him at the time.

I was glad I had vociferously pursued getting his details, on closer inspection the rear red reflector lens was cracked (I assume that was the loud noise) the silver trim in the bumper was bent (not badly but no longer in alignment) and the paintwork was marked. It was a small tap but it does take some force to bump a 4X4 forward, they're not light vehicles.

The other driver has continued to insist he did no damage. Now months later after the repair he is refusing to pay and his insurance have sent a letter saying they won't pay either as its been handed over to the legal team.

Im pretty peeved to say the least. He has behaved very poorly and Im now not sure what the outcomes going to be.

I thought if someone drove into the back of you it was pretty much cut and dry?!

I know it's not massively helpful now, but this is why I have a dashcam in the car :(

Oh don't. Ive had the dashcam discussion with my husband many times. He's just not interested. Ive pointed out it would be beneficial because even if something was our fault we've never been the sort of people who'd deny it and always hold our hands up. Anyhoo perhaps this will be the straw that got the dash cams installed! I particularly want them for my son who's about to start driving. Some drivers try to bully the other person into accepting fault, insist theres no damage or just lie and I think young new drivers are particularly susceptible.

I can't understand how people think its ok?! The guy who's refusing to pay out on this one was overbearing and clearly thought he could get his way using force- lightweight female in a nurses uniform will surely acquiesce?! He became visibly angry when I refused, shocking how much of life can still come down to physical size and dominance. I stood there thinking you will give me your details, what you gonna do hit me, run away? A sad state of affairs, one that would be much easier now if I had some footage!!!