Dyno runs on the GSX1170

What a fantastic day with Richard Board on the Dynabike dyno at Moto Works, Sittingbourne. Previous highest rwbhp was 113 with 36mm EFE carbs and pod filters. I had convinced myself that previous popping and flames out of the V_H were caused by dodgy wiring and ignition. Think I sorted that, so I begged Richard to lend me his RS 36 flatslides and pod filters. Different bike. Still, er, interesting at low revs, but above 5000 it was fuelling perfectly. Best run was 118rwbhp, the best ever. Then I thought I'd try a bit more ignition advance with the Shell V power. Best run 123.5 rwbhp. There's more to come from this 1170 motor.

I've had plenty of opportunities to put both of my GSXR 1100s on a free Dyno but I've always chickened out. I just don't think I could bear to watch or listen. I nearly got round to it but a V-Max spat all it's oil all over the dyno before my go .

I put my old Speedtriple on a portable dyno at a show.

It’d got a 3:1 Zard freer flowing pipe and suitable tune.

The power wasn’t up by much ( can’t remember the exact figure ) but the guy running it commented on how smooth the curve was without and dips or spikes, just a nice upwards curve with a short but gentle drop off just before the rev limiter kicked in, Reinforcing what I had felt on the road.

However having some mechanical sympathy, hearing it revving it’s tits off in a metal box had me wincing a bit !!

I ran 11.6 at Brighton and my last run felt quicker, but the timings were suspect. I have yet to fit two step and air shifter . I havent dialled the cams in or lowered the front end. I reckon there's a 10.9 in it and maybe 130 rwbhp. Not bad for a 37 year old air cooled heavy lump and a nearly 60 year old rider.