Upton Chippy (DN21 area)

Guest Speedy23

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to the chippy for lunch today

Enjoy. Let us know what you think. I’m off out in half an hour but I don’t know where because it’s the Weston beach race today so 50-75,000 people head into Weston! 😬

I’m usually one of the thousands going to Weston, we make a weekend of it and go home Monday (once made the mistake of leaving on the Sunday after the racing, took 6 hours to get back to Cov)

Today though we’re going to a wedding - I’ll put on a brave face as I’d much rather be at the beach race.

I'm going to the chippy for lunch today

Enjoy. Let us know what you think. I’m off out in half an hour but I don’t know where because it’s the Weston beach race today so 50-75,000 people head into Weston! 😬

I’m usually one of the thousands going to Weston, we make a weekend of it and go home Monday (once made the mistake of leaving on the Sunday after the racing, took 6 hours to get back to Cov)

Today though we’re going to a wedding - I’ll put on a brave face as I’d much rather be at the beach race.

6hours sounds like the queue just for the motorway junction!

Still rather do that than go to a wedding!!

well now!

From Stockport it was about 125 mile round trip. The riding to day was absolutely fantastic. Woodhead Pass on the way over and Snake Pass on the way back. The trees are a glorious colour and haven't shed their leaves all over the road yet , well not too many anyway. The weather was perfect for biking - 22 degrees coming back over the Snake Pass. Interesting that the reservoirs are still very low.

The Upton Chippy is interesting as Speedy says. But was it worth going over there? Not really. There are far better chippies round here, e.g. the Toll Bar chippy at Stoney Middleton. But for a ride out in our glorious Autumn the passes over the Peak District can't really be beaten. And if you are out on teh bike you need to stop somewhere for lunch so Upton is as good a place as any.

well now!

From Stockport it was about 125 mile round trip. The riding to day was absolutely fantastic. Woodhead Pass on the way over and Snake Pass on the way back. The trees are a glorious colour and haven't shed their leaves all over the road yet , well not too many anyway. The weather was perfect for biking - 22 degrees coming back over the Snake Pass. Interesting that the reservoirs are still very low.

The Upton Chippy is interesting as Speedy says. But was it worth going over there? Not really. There are far better chippies round here, e.g. the Toll Bar chippy at Stoney Middleton. But for a ride out in our glorious Autumn the passes over the Peak District can't really be beaten. And if you are out on teh bike you need to stop somewhere for lunch so Upton is as good a place as any.

How long did you have to queue for? What did you have?

Sorry should have said. At 12:30 No queue, so served immediately. Had haddock and chips. The thing that disappointed me was that the tray was mostly filled with batter shrapnel with a few chips sprinkled over and the fish on top. The fish was lovely. But the rest I threw away.

A 300 mile round trip for fish and chips seems a bit [strikeout]excessive[/strikeout] sensible :scratch:

Fixed it for you. :wink: