Life threw me a huge curve ball! ..but it's ok now.

asharin

So, I mentioned in a previous thread that things had been bad, now that things are more settled, I figured I would mention what I meant by theat..

So..here goes (wall of text incoming)

GF and I split, because during training to be foster carers it became apparent that there were too many potential risks to our own kids, so I decided to not go ahead. Bear in mind, I had agreed to give it a go BEFORE she fell pregnant with our now 10 month old daughter. Because I said no, she then ignored me for a week..as in completely blanked me..uncomfortable when you live together! then suggested adopting two little girls so our daughter would have siblings her own age I said no as I don't want more kids (I have 3 sons from previous relationship) and she knows this, baby daughter was a compromise and fostering was different as you get breaks between placements

With that she decided to leave and went and stayed at her mums. Then turned up a week later saying she had nowhere to go as she couldn't stay at her mums. Assuming they'd had an argument and as she's the mother of my daughter i wasn't going to see them on the streets! so I said she could stay in spare room til she gets somewhere, and later while I put baby to bed, she took 40 paracetamol downstairs, (overdose) i called an ambulance, she went in..refused treatment (and twice more) eventually accepting treatment 12 hrs later (and ONLY because we took baby in with her..she kept leaving before saying she wanted to cuddle the baby until she died (the ex-gf..not the baby)..so damage to liver etc already done...and social services removed our daughter from her care and placed her with me.

She recovered, and then was admitted to a mental health unit for two weeks, before getting her own 2 bed place about 5 miles away. At first she was allowed supervised visits and all was okay, eventually the goal was unsupervised visits, then overnight stays, then our daughter eventually going back to her. Social services approved this as they didn't feel the ex is a danger to the baby, just to herself previously, and she was making very good progress. However, the second or third unsupervised visit, she refused to bring daughter home. Social services went out, and while they disapproved of her actions they said that the baby was okay and didn't appear to be in any danger so she could stay with ex.

If there hadn't been a plan in place for baby to go back to ex, I would probably have been seeking legal action already, however...the ex has been generally okay about contact and daughter seems happy. So for now..things are okay. Social services keeping a close eye on her and I am too of course.

My 12 yr old autistic son who lives with me was upset, though he was more upset when the ex came and took the dog than his baby sister....

Anyway that was a good few months ago now, and given myself time to settle, and realised looking back she's pretty much always been 'do it my way or I'll be a bitch to you for weeks' so I think I'm better off.

Met someone new the other week, seem to be getting on well, but we'll see...If nothing else maybe I can get a good deal on a funeral in future, as she's a funeral director :D

TL;DR : Ex left, tried to off herself, stole baby, everything okay now.

Sometimes someone writes a rollercoaster that makes you have a hundred thoughts.

Then you try to write an adequate response and discover there doesn't seem to be one- this is one of those, because wow what a horrible horrible time, very glad it sounds like you're on the other side of it now and you can start enjoying yourself again.

Thanks guys, things are definitely better now, though the ex still see's herself as the wounded party in all this. Even went so far as to post on facebook the night she took the baby 'Name Here is back home with mummy where she belongs!' neglecting to ever mention why she wasn't with her.

I don't bother commenting, I'm not stooping to her level

Sometimes someone writes a rollercoaster that makes you have a hundred thoughts.

Then you try to write an adequate response and discover there doesn't seem to be one- this is one of those, because wow what a horrible horrible time, very glad it sounds like you're on the other side of it now and you can start enjoying yourself again.

Errrherm... adequate response , did you not see mine :roll:

Oh six I must of missed it, was it another request for pictures of women? :lol:

What do you mean another :shock:

On a serious not , every ones got or had problems and it's good to share them....

image.jpeg.fd2fc33c211c7d62686e7e2e713e3a2c.jpeg

Pull yourself together FFS, and remember that there's always someone worse off than you. For example, I once had a French girlfriend who made me a cup of tea by putting a teabag and some milk in a bowl of cold water and shoving it in the microwave. :shock:

She had nice tits though. :yay:

I once had a French girlfriend who made me a cup of tea by putting a teabag and some milk in a bowl of cold water and shoving it in the microwave. :shock:

What the actual f**k? I bet you were devastated!! That's like, apocalyptic man. :D

Pull yourself together FFS, and remember that there's always someone worse off than you. For example, I once had a French girlfriend who made me a cup of tea by putting a teabag and some milk in a bowl of cold water and shoving it in the microwave. :shock:

When I went to American at 18, I was offered a drink by a family I was introduced to (hadn't long landed) and I automatically stated a cup of tea would be excellent.

I then cancelled this request when the mother put three tea bags in a saucepan of water and placed it on the hob.

Op - Chin up, stay strong, all the best!

She had nice tits though. :yay:

I don't drink tea... Still got her number??