Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I know it's not massively helpful now, but this is why I have a dashcam in the car :(

Oh don't. Ive had the dashcam discussion with my husband many times. He's just not interested. Ive pointed out it would be beneficial because even if something was our fault we've never been the sort of people who'd deny it and always hold our hands up. Anyhoo perhaps this will be the straw that got the dash cams installed! I particularly want them for my son who's about to start driving. Some drivers try to bully the other person into accepting fault, insist theres no damage or just lie and I think young new drivers are particularly susceptible.

I can't understand how people think its ok?! The guy who's refusing to pay out on this one was overbearing and clearly thought he could get his way using force- lightweight female in a nurses uniform will surely acquiesce?! He became visibly angry when I refused, shocking how much of life can still come down to physical size and dominance. I stood there thinking you will give me your details, what you gonna do hit me, run away? A sad state of affairs, one that would be much easier now if I had some footage!!!

As Mike days said.

Phone the police.

Stating. "I'm a lone female and feel intimidated. I think he's about to hit me"

They will attend and quickly....

That's what I tell Lisa to do anyway. And the advice is from a friend of ours who is a serving copper.

I know it's not massively helpful now, but this is why I have a dashcam in the car :(

Oh don't. Ive had the dashcam discussion with my husband many times. He's just not interested. Ive pointed out it would be beneficial because even if something was our fault we've never been the sort of people who'd deny it and always hold our hands up. Anyhoo perhaps this will be the straw that got the dash cams installed! I particularly want them for my son who's about to start driving. Some drivers try to bully the other person into accepting fault, insist theres no damage or just lie and I think young new drivers are particularly susceptible.

I can't understand how people think its ok?! The guy who's refusing to pay out on this one was overbearing and clearly thought he could get his way using force- lightweight female in a nurses uniform will surely acquiesce?! He became visibly angry when I refused, shocking how much of life can still come down to physical size and dominance. I stood there thinking you will give me your details, what you gonna do hit me, run away? A sad state of affairs, one that would be much easier now if I had some footage!!!

Perhaps you should dress up in a Policr uniform instead of a Nurses :thumb:

Perhaps you should dress up in a Police uniform instead of a Nurses :thumb:

Thanks for the advice. I probably should have but I have a stubborn streak and didn't feel intimidated- just very annoyed he was trying it, he looked like any real physical exertion would likely have brought on a coronary!

You get full super powers within 1 or 2 years of qualifying as a nurse, you see so much aggressive or unreasonable behaviour you can tell when its just posturing.

[mention]Six30[/mention] a police outfit wasn't necessary, I was already wearing my supersuit :D

Still its unpleasant and I think Im going to get that dashcam!

Don't take any crap off his insurers - just write to them thanking them for their response and then inform them you are going to pass the matter to your solicitors. And ask for a response within 7 days. They are just trying it on. Have you got legal expenses cover included on your policy? Oh, and send it by recorded delivery.

I had an accident many moons ago, I had a nob pull out of a side road when I was doing 40mph, hit the front passenger side of the car.

I had really bad whiplash from it as well as I tensed up when I saw him pull out.

He admitted liability at the scene, thought not much of it,

I was third part car insurance. next day I get a phone call that he's saying I came off the road and hit him.

My car was a right off, and it took the insurance company just over 2 years to threaten to take him to court, where he finally backed down.

Update

The guy gave up trying to say he didn't cause the damage, it was his insurance company who are responsible for continuing with the "We're not paying" which resulted in the solicitors letters and insurance stuff coming through the door. Broker said its a common practice which at best gets them out of paying and at worse lets them hold onto the money for longer!

Short version- They've dopped it and are going to pay. :thumb:

Doesn't surprise me. I've had a friend be told by an insurance company they'd only pay out if she accepted 50% of the blame for an accident which involved her parked car and a delivery wagon reversing into her :shock:

Similar thing happened to my wife . She stopped I'm a traffic Q and the VW T4 van drives in to her .just as she was about to pull away .so the car had a whack from behind and shoved forward by the van and her pulling off her foot slipped off the clutch and it stalled to a stop with the VW van still touching her car .

The guy gets out (she's on her own and she 5ft 6 )this guy she said was over 6ft and walked up to her car banged on her window and told her move as there no damage and hes in a hurry. She got out and told him to move his van back while taken photos of the bump and him . Also the vans reg as he would not.give his details . So ended up him driving off .we went to the police . Sorry that reg don't exist ????????

It's on the van showed them the photos (which we printed out) also the insurance called us as we was in the cop shop

Sorry that reg is not insured .just then a copper came over (as i was getting a bit.pissed now) as the cop at the desk was asking for all her details for.them to check NOT HIM so this copper recognized the van as he stopped him a few days early driving this van with personal plates he told.the cop that they not been updated (DVLA) and shows him his real reg and insurance . So now we had a name and reg .as my wife had whiplash all the back of her neck was.all bruised due to her being forced back from the bump... But as the car didn't looked damaged the insurance won't pay up as no damage no injury 3 years later still won't pay up times up for the claim time 3 years max . The guy didn't get done for driving with out reg plates leaving scean accident . Failing to report an accident nothing at.all .

I just don't understand how this is justified? There must be an ombudsman?

Someone drove into the side of my Ma's car and in-spite of the woman apologising profusly at the time that she hadn't seen her she then said it was my mum who had hit her. From the damage it was cut and dry who had hit who but the insurance company without consultation settled it knock for knock. She was furious to say the least.

I just don't understand how this is justified? There must be an ombudsman?

Someone drove into the side of my Ma's car and in-spite of the woman apologising profusly at the time that she hadn't seen her she then said it was my mum who had hit her. From the damage it was cut and dry who had hit who but the insurance company without consultation settled it knock for knock. She was furious to say the least.

...there is, and this is why I always advise people to tell their own insurers that they are considering taking legal advice. This is because many people mistakenly believe that their insurers are looking after their interests.....they are not - they only look after themselves. This is why they are so fond of going "knock for knock" as it is far less hassle for them.

Yeah I saw you. I bet it was way before you thought I did too. I was travelling along the main road at 50mph, coming up to that dodgy side road where people are inclined to pull out. I was keeping an eye on the van when in a gap in a hedgerow I saw a flash of a bike.

And yes, as I passed the junction I saw you emerge out of it in my mirror. Funnily enough just in front of the van, and I heard the van honk his horn at you, clearly surprised you'd pulled that stunt.

Going up the offside of a van waiting to turn right out of a dodgy junction really isn't a good idea chap.

Then as we hit that queue of traffic on the sharp left hand bend I saw you come right up to my back wheel and stop at the last millisecond, clearly thinking I was going to filter. You probably don't think of it this way, and maybe I'm being high and mighty, but I probably saved you a nasty injury because did you spot that oncoming coach that came around the bend that would have taken you out if you had proceeded? I did.

To be honest, I wasn't bothered when you overtook me. I'd rather you were in front of me where I could see you rather than up my chuff.

You probably think I'm a fuddy duddy, but with riding and forward planning like that I fear you'll be injured or dead before you get a chance to take those l-plates off buddy.

Nice work [mention]SometimesSansEngine[/mention] nothing more annoying than a bast*rd biker.

I was probably someone's knob of the day so I'll write it from their perspective.....

*wavy lines*

lolz yeah so like totes finished work and driving home and OMG the traffic coming up to mill hill was like totes crazy man. Was totes backed up, we're like doing ONE mile an hour lol. So like you know how traffic is like soooooo boring yawn! So totes checking out facebook OMG did you know Chelsea is totes cheating on Brad with Finley! anyway like so judging Brianna's new haircut I don't know why she thought she can pull off a fringe you know what I mean right and suddenly out of NOWHERE this biker revs the shit out it RIGHT BY MY WINDOW and OMG I like jumped and dropped my phone in the footwell like shut up! omg they shouldn't sneak up on you like that in broad daylight with their lights on and all bright green you know

Nice work @SometimesSansEngine nothing more annoying than a bast*rd biker.

I was probably someone's knob of the day so I'll write it from their perspective.....

*wavy lines*

lolz yeah so like totes finished work and driving home and OMG the traffic coming up to mill hill was like totes crazy man. Was totes backed up, we're like doing ONE mile an hour lol. So like you know how traffic is like soooooo boring yawn! So totes checking out facebook OMG did you know Chelsea is totes cheating on Brad with Finley! anyway like so judging Brianna's new haircut I don't know why she thought she can pull off a fringe you know what I mean right and suddenly out of NOWHERE this biker revs the shit out it RIGHT BY MY WINDOW and OMG I like jumped and dropped my phone in the footwell like shut up! omg they shouldn't sneak up on you like that in broad daylight with their lights on and all bright green you know

......unfortunately, a bit too fluent in "kewl chick"......your real name isn't Eshia, is it? :roll:

......unfortunately, a bit too fluent in "kewl chick"......your real name isn't Eshia, is it? :roll:

omg like totes busted *jumps into a pink ford ka with eyelashes and a pixiedust sticker on the rear*

Nice work @SometimesSansEngine nothing more annoying than a bast*rd biker.

*wavy lines*

I once got on the wrong side of a work colleague by cycling alongside their driver window whilst they moved forward in traffic. Staring at their phone the whole time, moved forward about 30 metres without realising I was there. I even had a helmet light on FFS.

Eventually she spotted me, looked surprised, then broke out into a grin, said "morning" and laughed.

"Put your f'ing phone down!" was my reply and then I carried on to work.

Five minutes later in to work she walked, "thanks for the lecture but I was keeping an eye on the road"

Yeah, clearly.

Well my nob of the day is to a young guy is say late 20s driving a souped up red car last Sunday. While on his phone . With me riding along side him on the motorway with the Mrs filming him on his phone in his right hand with his elbow resting on the car window ledge .. looking str8 at my wife with a what I called the most stupidest look ??????????? WHAT IS SHE DOING ???????WHY IS SHE FILIMING ME WHLIE I'M ON MY PHONE DOING 70MPH in the middle lane ??????? I don't under stand ...

Well I can say on Monday we had an email off the police in that area saying they are going to prosecute him and thank you for for the footage ... so I can say one day this week or 100%next.week a fine of £200 and 6 points for his licence will be landing on his lap ... god it felt good .....

Line manager again. I noticed in executive committee meeting minutes published online that a restructure of our service and a redundancy had been approved (I'm pretty sure the redundancy is of a vacant post). I asked her about it but she keeps saying shes not allowed to say and it wont affect anyone. I decided to go above her head and ask head of service when it will be communicated since information was already in public domain and we had heard nothing. No reply to my email but all of a sudden a meeting is organised on Monday to explain. Line manager starts tutting at me and getting upset that I had asked someone what was going on. No good tutting at me love, your underwhelming ability to organise, or communicate anything with your desperately institutionalised mind, leaves me no choice but to manage upwards or bypass your incompetence.

[mention]goat[/mention] just email your avatar to her. Then when she freaks out and leaves blaming stress you move up to her vacated position and organise the place. :wink:

Line manager again. I noticed in executive committee meeting minutes published online that a restructure of our service and a redundancy had been approved (I'm pretty sure the redundancy is of a vacant post). I asked her about it but she keeps saying shes not allowed to say and it wont affect anyone. I decided to go above her head and ask head of service when it will be communicated since information was already in public domain and we had heard nothing. No reply to my email but all of a sudden a meeting is organised on Monday to explain. Line manager starts tutting at me and getting upset that I had asked someone what was going on. No good tutting at me love, your underwhelming ability to organise, or communicate anything with your desperately institutionalised mind, leaves me no choice but to manage upwards or bypass your incompetence.

My old boss constantly impressed on the whole team the absolute importance that we were always well aware of everything going on in the company. Our job first thing Tuesday morning was the read the senior leadership meeting slides which were in a shared intranet folder....

...until the week that the potential upcoming sale of the company was mentioned on a slide. Which of course got talked about (and had started to make a lot of things make sense, including why he was constantly at off site meetings and asking us for lots of detailed reports)

Cue him on the war path, taking us all in for individual one to ones to demand to know if we'd read it, who'd we discussed it with, reminding us that the meeting slides were confidential and not for mere mortals like us to read, demanding to know why we were reading it.

Me not being the shrinking violet reminded him he was big on this and that's why we read it, to which I got back that clearly I misunderstood what he had previously said and not to make out to any senior leaders that I'd ever been told this (ie he had already got a bollocking for it and denied all knowledge of his team reading it). I did say in that case they probably shouldn't be in a public folder.

Anyway, fast forward a few weeks and the sale went through and the morning it was announced we found out he'd been made redundant. I didn't cry about it because I am completely sure that if he had to make redundancies he wouldn't have lost any sleep over it.

When he was allowed to come in to say goodbye to the team (which was mega awkward because he spent most of the time asking in a David Brent style if everyone in the office was shocked when his redundancy was announced when in fact no one really batted an eyelid) he even used the words "this is what happens when you try to play at the big boy's table"

My experience of the “I can’t talk about it” mentality is it was more of a power and control game “I know what’s going on but I couldn’t possibly share it with the likes of you but I am going to tell you just enough to make you all fear for your jobs” dance monkey dance.

Until I knew what the redundancy comments meant though I wouldn’t be sticking my head above the parapet and making my manager sweat. Unless you don’t care for keeping the job in which case tear it up, I did and it was enourmous fun.