My baby is here :)

learningtofly

I've taken [mention]elizabethf[/mention] 's advice and started a new thread, as after much excitement at Chateaux LTF the Street Twin is here. Yes, just one day after passing my Mod 2 - that's what you call timing :thumb:

Anyway, I spent literally weeks watching and reading reviews, and seeking advice from the many bikers I know. The key issues for me were that I wanted a retro roadster style; it had to be naked; the seat had to be no more than 800mm; and an engine size preferably under a litre.

Triumph was always a nose in front of everything else, although I did seriously consider a Ducatii Scrambler (fit and finish not as good as others I was looking at) and an R9T (just a little larger and more powerful than I wanted/needed). Despite nearly cracking when I tested an incredible limited edition Stripple, in the end it came down to Triumph's Street Twin and the T100.

I'd like to have been able to go for the T100 but in reality the ST was much more comfortable; I could flat foot it, and I knew I could add some bits and pieces to get it how I wanted. In the end, then, that's what I did, but in addition to the stock bike I got:

Fox adjustable RSU

Heated grips

Luggage rack & grab rail

Centre stand

Drilled chain guard

Knee and tank pads

Dresser bars

Flyscreen

Engine case protectors

CNC machined front reservoir

I've done about 50 miles on it since this morning, and to say I love it would be an understatement. The low rumbling engine tone is to die for, and it's such a comfortable and easy bike to ride. I can't believe that 900cc of engine can be so undemanding!

Anyway, I shot a few pics on my phone, and now I'm going for a lie down as i feel emotionally exhausted. :lol:

i-b9G435V-XL.jpg

i-LXVV9V6-XL.jpg

i-WBtJh9q-XL.jpg

i-q3smZKv-XL.jpg

Edited by learningtofly

What phone have you got? Those photos look very high resolution. They also look edited, I'm assuming you had some sort of filter enabled? Or have you done some editing in photoshop?

SmartSelect_20181013-015335_Chrome.thumb.jpg.db1a44374f7e86240c00932f0bcac3ee.jpg

Thanks guys - much appreciated. I absolutely love the bike, and will very shortly be riding it down to the Ace Cafe so i can feel like a proper biker :lol:

With regard to the photos, I did give them a tweak in Photoshop before posting them. That exif data has reminded me that I need to turn location services off when necessary, though. So easy to forget these things.

Thanks guys - much appreciated. I absolutely love the bike, and will very shortly be riding it down to the Ace Cafe so i can feel like a proper biker :lol:

With regard to the photos, I did give them a tweak in Photoshop before posting them. That exif data has reminded me that I need to turn location services off when necessary, though. So easy to forget these things.

I guessed it wasn't your home so didn't remove the GPS data

Made it :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/8E4D1956-E1EF-4014-BAB6-F25643773AF8.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/A3B77CF8-5B0E-4A5B-BA35-E1A6C6F89E50.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/LightestTouch/BCEA34AA-2402-44EC-A15B-61268D12110A.jpg

New number plate. It looks a bit like 7''x5" but obviously that must be an optical illusion as it wouldn't be legal :booty:

i-Br5PCkK-XL.jpg

Do they do a tail tidy for it ?

There are a few on the market, but I haven't decided which one I want yet.

New number plate. It looks a bit like 7''x5" but obviously that must be an optical illusion as it wouldn't be legal :booty:

i-Br5PCkK-XL.jpg

Do they do a tail tidy for it ?

There are a few on the market, but I haven't decided which one I want yet.

Would finish it off nicely sir :thumb:

i-Br5PCkK-XL.jpg

Strangely enough, there is no stipulated size for the plate - as long as the letters are the right size and are properly spaced, with at least 11 mm margin, no problem.

Just looked it up......

• characters must be 64mm tall

• characters (except the number 1 or letter I) must be

44mm wide

• the character stroke (the thickness of the black print)

must be 10mm

• the space between characters must be 10mm

• the space between the age identifier and the random

letters must be 30mm

• the margins at the top, bottom and side of the plate

must be at least 11mm

• vertical space between the age identifier and the

random numbers must be 13mm.

Well, I popped out to Chesham, Bucks today, where a jolly nice chap from AYB gave the bike a good clean followed by a professional (as in pressurised spray gun) application of ACF-50. Great job, actually, and I passed the time by eating a lovely plate of scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on toast, drinking two cups of coffee and stroking the cat that decided to sit on my lap the whole time.

All in all, a very good morning! :thumb:

Well I fitted a Dart Marlin windshield today, and reckon it looks pretty good...

i-krChsJ6-XL.jpg

More importantly, I'm doing some stuff to make the bike my own in terms of looks. Firstly, I've ordered the side panels from the matt black version, as they match all the engine casings (I've never thought the gloss side panels looked right); I've also ordered the black headlamp bezel and cage/grille from the Street Scrambler, and will fit all of that as soon as I have my hands on it.

I've decided that I'm going to have my own paint job on the tank, too. I'm thinking a classic black/off white Bonnie style, and will talk to 8Ball Custom and one or two others about it.