Honda 1986 CG125

Hi I need a bit of help I've just been given an old recked cg125 1986 model that I want to restore I'm looking for a cylinder head and I've located one (second hand) but the seller is saying it's off a 6 volt bike and mines a 12 volt what difference if any is there ? Thanks in advance

Hi I need a bit of help I've just been given an old recked cg125 1986 model that I want to restore I'm looking for a cylinder head and I've located one (second hand) but the seller is saying it's off a 6 volt bike and mines a 12 volt what difference if any is there ? Thanks in advance

No difference at all.The tappet covers were a slightly more angular shape on the Brazilian models but everything is interchangeable . I've built engines from a mixture of models in the past with no problems. If you need any bits let me know. I know CGs inside out so I'm happy to help with any advice as well . Here's few I made earlier.

WP_20181014_19_42_46_Pro.thumb.jpg.5877da3ddfb63e15efa32d0c1e6bc48a.jpg

WP_20181014_19_42_35_Pro.thumb.jpg.6466e034575d2a81ede6d77f6ed76fe3.jpg

WP_20181014_19_42_10_Pro.thumb.jpg.5503f5324c150c035837d71c8c4d4a41.jpg

I'd just get a Chinese barrel and piston set of eBay. In fact that's exactly what I plan to do for mine after winter.

Are you going to fit a 150 cc kit ? ( I won't tell anyone ) 🤐

I'd just get a Chinese barrel and piston set of eBay. In fact that's exactly what I plan to do for mine after winter.

He's after a cylinder head .

Thanks for all the replies. I've already sourced a new barrel and piston (keeping it a 125) because as I've said the top end was completely destroyed I will get some pics of the damage later. The piston was holed and one valve head had broken off which in turn damaged the bore beyond repair. Amazingly the crank and Conrod and bearings all seem fine.

By the way I am after a decent exhaust for it if anyone has got one let me know and how much you want for it. Cheers

My first bike ( not counting the nasty Vespas) was a James 197 Villiers engine in 1967 but eventually I did progress to the more reliable non leaking Honda's my first being a Honda benly 125 supersport (fantastic fun) first bike in England under 250 to achieve 100 mph