Bike jeans -why?

What's the selling point or purpose of jeans designed for motorcyclists? Is it that you can walk around whilst still wearing them with some appearance of normality? Or is it that, whilst riding the bike you look "😎" cos you are wearing jeans?

If the former, how wearable are they? Couldn't imagine how you could wear a pair at work all day, if they have armour in.

I have a pair. Just feel like normal jeans but heavier. The armour was removable in mine so I kept it out. They were perfect for my last job working nights as I could commute into work, wear them all night then come home without messing about getting changed etc.

I've got a pair of Hood jeans that I've had for a good few years now. The point, to me, is that they're not as hot as textiles or leathers in the hot weather, and they're ok for walking around in. And off the bike they look a bit more "normal" if you're somewhere non-bikey. Yes, they are warmer than normal jeans and they do have knee and hip armour, but it's not the hard stuff.

I also have leather jeans and textile jeans, and they get used when I think they're more appropriate than the Hoods...... 8-)

I have a pair. Just feel like normal jeans but heavier. The armour was removable in mine so I kept it out. They were perfect for my last job working nights as I could commute into work, wear them all night then come home without messing about getting changed etc.

:stupid:

I'd wear mine without armour and were fine for all but the hottest days wearing at work.

I got a pair because I already had textile jacket and pants but found those too hot and bulky for warm and hot weather. I had worn full leathers or years but found the leather pants a bit of a pain.

I got a pair to go with my leather jacket, not to look cool, I already do that, but because I didn't want leather pants any more.

I wear them in most weathers except stinking rain. (heavier than heavy)

Yes they get wet and yes they are cold but unlike leathers and textiles they are as easy to wash as your average trolleys.

And I have had some offs while wearing them and you cant tell they slid down the road with me inside em they took the punishment and emerged unscathed.

Recommended.

I don’t want to wear leather trousers, I like stuff that goes in the washing machine and even if I was prepared to pay to have leather cleaned regularly I wouldn’t want the toxic chemicals they use to do it on my skin.

I also like being able to get off the bike and walk into a restaurant and blend in with the normies. However my new supersuit arrived today which might pay to the blend in thing? Maybe?

It’s good on a snowmobile. Down to -35 you only need a base layer underneath so I’m mainly going to be wearing Bowtex. Which feels like wearing PJs. Yeeha motorcycling in your PJs

D60495A0-0741-40F9-90A0-54453F8C1B6D.thumb.jpeg.ea2752a5bef70666ac6835f8346655af.jpeg

They call it a ‘Safari Suit’ Perhaps I should motorcycle to the Himalaya’s and search for the abominable snowman?

I have a pair of Hood jeans. I wear them for work except in winter when they're not warm enough on the bike. They avoid all the fuss of getting in and out of bike gear - jacket on, helmet on and ready to ride. I also like being able to walk into a pub or a shop and not be wearing leathers or textiles.

I don’t want to wear leather trousers, I like stuff that goes in the washing machine and even if I was prepared to pay to have leather cleaned regularly I wouldn’t want the toxic chemicals they use to do it on my skin.

I also like being able to get off the bike and walk into a restaurant and blend in with the normies. However my new supersuit arrived today which might pay to the blend in thing? Maybe?

It’s good on a snowmobile. Down to -35 you only need a base layer underneath so I’m mainly going to be wearing Bowtex. Which feels like wearing PJs. Yeeha motorcycling in your PJs

D60495A0-0741-40F9-90A0-54453F8C1B6D.jpeg

They call it a ‘Safari Suit’ Perhaps I should motorcycle to the Himalaya’s and search for the abominable snowman?

OMG!!..........where are you riding in that.........Siberia? :D :D :D :thumb:

OMG!!..........where are you riding in that.........Siberia? :D :D :D :thumb:

I’m a cold blooded soul!

I can already predict it’s -35 ratings not likely to be warm enough without at least two more layers and some heated gear by the time we hit January :lol:

I’m gonna be sailing around toasty as.... a toasty thing cocooned in my own hermetically sealed biosphere just flipping the lid vent occasionally to stave off oxygen deprivation :D

I wear jeans for all the above mentioned reasons including that they look cool. If any of you get cold in them in cooler days then try wearing a pair of ski thermal leggings underneath.

The biggest problem is rain so I have some surplus police Goretex over trousers.

Bike jeans - why?

Cooler and more comfortable in warmer weather.

A decent level of protection.

I wear mine to meetings no problem.

My wife - and a few nurses at our local hospital - seem to think the view of me from the rear whilst wearing them is not entirely unpleasant.

Worn with a Givi leg bag and riding boots my boss said I look like a cowboy.

So I hear you 👂 but of those of you who said that they wear them in work, surely you have unamoured ones?? And I am not sure if motorcycle riding with no leg armour is sensible

I see it as more for nipping down the shops, etc. Even with the thermal layers removed my textile riding suit gets sweaty and uncomfortable. Jeans would be much more sensible.

Isn't that the abominable snowman in the picture. :wink:

Isn't that the abominable snowman in the picture. :wink:

I thought that :D but now I’m wondering if the abominable snowman is a carnivore? With the cat balaclava I might look like a canapé :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I like my biker jeans as I found when It was cold even tho the leather trousers was a.bit warmer they went all stiff and restricted my movement. Even chucking my leg over the bike .So jeans no probs also due to the armour they stop the cold .then I use the thermal unders. So legs warm and protected

Back in the day before thermal under/base layers, etc. I just used to nick a couple of pairs of tights off the OH. The wooly ones were the best. :thumb:

Not so sure about the stockings and suzzies, though.... :shock:

Back in the day before thermal under/base layers, etc. I just used to nick a couple of pairs of tights off the OH. The wooly ones were the best. :thumb:

Not so sure about the stockings and suzzies, though.... :shock:

An excuse to wear your wifes undergarments me thinks cos them long john things have been around since..... western films have on the telly. Hmm I might need to rethink that :D

Hood jeans are fantastic and British made.

They are very good but I think very good for men, not so good for women. The material has no give in it which in the women’s cut comes right up to high on the waist, this can cut you in two when you lean forward to get low. I ended up with a pair two sizes up to give so room and try and overcome this but I still find them a bit uncomfortable lent forward. My husband has the men’s version and they’re perfect.

What's the selling point or purpose of jeans designed for motorcyclists? Is it that you can walk around whilst still wearing them with some appearance of normality? Or is it that, whilst riding the bike you look "😎" cos you are wearing jeans?

If the former, how wearable are they? Couldn't imagine how you could wear a pair at work all day, if they have armour in.

I have and still do, the only place I have armour is on the knees and they don't get in the way at all. In fact they actually make my job easier as it means I can kneel down without putting pressure on my knees lol (When I need to go under my desk or kneel down next to somebody elses to watch their screen) - They're meant to be comfortable attire that you can wear day to day but also have protection from danger.