Yamaha YBR 125 (2005)

emmajaneg

The Yamaha YBR 125 is a fantastic bike for a beginner. Its engine size is 124cc, so the max speed for this model of motorbike is about 55-65 mph (depending on reg plate, some won't have restrictions so speed will increase in that case). Its perfect for commuting, i ride mine to college 3 days a week, and it has never let me down. Insurance, tax and MOT is very cheap as you would expect. Fuel is also very cheap, the tank size for my model of bike 13 litres - which means it costs an average of £10-15 to fill the entire tank up. For those that maybe just want a simple 'pros and cons' review, you will find that below.

Pros:

- Perfect for beginners; it is very light, small in size and speed is restricted for those who have worrying parents :)

- The fuel tank is 13 litres in total, meaning it costs an average of £10-15 to fill up completely

- Insurance is very cheap (third party) i am currently paying an average £45 a month for mine

- Servicing the bike is also very cheap, it doesn't require a lot of maintenance, providing you look after the bike in general and service it regularly

Cons:

- They can be stubborn in cold weather, and sometime require 10 minutes 'warm up time' *the bike has a choke which can be switched on to help with this*

- Depending on what mileage you are doing and again, how old the bike is - fuel can disappear pretty quickly

This review is completely based of my own experiences, so you have to be aware that my bike has been through some tough times. It has been involved in a fare few accidents and hasn't been serviced properly. Bare in mind that the conditions of the bike in the 'cons' will most likely improve or even disappear completely if you have a newer model, or a well looked after-ed bike.

Happy Motorbike Shopping! :)