ZX6R Steering bearings

Sometimes you don't realise how bad the old head bearings are, until you put new ones in...... 8-)

It's totally changed the old girl. Forks next :?

Did it have a notch or were they just stiff , in other words what prompted you to do it ?

Sometimes you don't realise how bad the old head bearings are, until you put new ones in...... 8-)

Did it have a notch or were they just stiff , in other words what prompted you to do it ?

I had a notch,right in the centre, and in slow traffic the front wheel wondered. Was really unsettling.

I had a notch,right in the centre, and in slow traffic the front wheel wondered. Was really unsettling.

Thanks for that , I'm going to replace my steering head bearings ! 👍

Thanks for that , I'm going to replace my steering head bearings ! 👍

No problem. Good luck with it

I had the same thing! my head stock was.... butcheted though :crybaby:

Ouch. They look like downward hit marks, Is that where they've seated the bottom bearing?