Project ZX6R '98 Streetfighter

Thought id start a project post on my ZX6R.

I brought her as a (Badly) started streetfighter. I'll keep this post updated with pics and issues :)

If anyone has any information on these bikes or streetfighters in general feel free to share.

So far ive changed the front wheel bearings and steering head bearings.

Set up the suspension back to standard (the front forks had completely different settings) and the rear compression was set to hard as F***

Re-routed the ramair

New chain and sprokets (X ring)

New battleaxe rubber front and back

20180929_105640.thumb.jpg.5a62f373b4e88ce7fae9d6ef9c0cbc59.jpg

Got rid of these ugly headlights tonight and replaced with dominate twins. Looks loads better. I'll put a pic up tomorrow once I've tidied the wiring harness and fitted the indicators back on

20180922_183522.thumb.jpg.c27981ed82b36e40493937fbec3fb0c3.jpg

I was hoping to get the wiring sorted tonight but looking at the wiring, I've decided to take the bodged resistors out and fit new front indicators ( non led) these will be here tomorrow.

The head lights are so much better and brighter. She's having a full service next then prep for a respray.

IMG-20181024-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.2295d4c56cdcf4fa6539510197fe78b2.jpeg

Looks better without that awful bikini fairing thing - those are cheap bolt-ons from ebay, much better with the dominators on :)

Not sure about the twin pods on the ram air ducts though. Is that to replace you're main filter element or just to stop debris going down?

I would have thought just two small pods would be quite restrictive to the fueling as you have 4 cylinders pulling air through just those 2 pods.

I'd probably go for some fine wire mesh which won't be too restrictive but stop flies and the odd rogue bird getting sucked into the airbox and keep the air filter element in the air box.

Just a thought though, looks a nice solid bike :thumb:

Looks better without that awful bikini fairing thing - those are cheap bolt-ons from ebay, much better with the dominators on :)

Not sure about the twin pods on the ram air ducts though. Is that to replace you're main filter element or just to stop debris going down?

I would have thought just two small pods would be quite restrictive to the fueling as you have 4 cylinders pulling air through just those 2 pods.

I'd probably go for some fine wire mesh which won't be too restrictive but stop flies and the odd rogue bird getting sucked into the airbox and keep the air filter element in the air box.

Just a thought though, looks a nice solid bike :thumb:

The lights were crap from the start lol.

The pods are piped up as the ram air ducts, the bloke who started it as a streetfighter just left the open ports and no ducting so i had no ram air and the bike just bogged down under hard acceleration. The pods have sorted this, but im also not convinced. Im thinking they will change for scoops, im liking the mesh idea too though. Once my "needs to be done" list is complete ill revisit these.

Well, the rats nest has gone and the new indicators are in.

They are flashing a little fast even though I've put non LEDs in and took the resistors out of the rats nest. I'll have a look in the morning what flasher relay is in there.

IMG-20181026-WA0016.thumb.jpeg.aaae51059b4e47d60a380b74520261a8.jpeg

Nice work so far , your going to need at least one of these at some point to complete the badass look .

Actually watched one of his vids after the last thread. "How to change a tyre" oh dear lmao. Funny to watch :lol:

Nice work so far , your going to need at least one of these at some point to complete the badass look .

Actually watched one of his vids after the last thread. "How to change a tyre" oh dear lmao. Funny to watch :lol:

Glad you got the joke 😁 good luck with the project.

Got the old Rusty rad off the bike now.

The chrome guard is in good condition, but the surround and brackets are in a shocking state. Time to get all the rust off and re-finish it.

All good fun :)

New plugs will be here in the next day or 2 as well.

264520212_20181101_0728531.thumb.jpg.5a53127946baa73e8c3657e9172ef18c.jpg

1636543379_20181101_0729241.thumb.jpg.972ebab9e759f18514ba3aba8bbe92f8.jpg