Do you ever just open the garage?

Beansie

So last night I came home (I’ve been working in London all week) and I had this massive urge just to open the garage and have a nosey. Not sure what made me do it but I just stood there admiring my bikes for a few minutes before closing the garage up and going in the house with a smile on my face. Surely I’m not the only person who’s done this?

I read somewhere once;- “if you can get off your bike and walk away from it without looking back... then you’ve got the wrong bike.”

I’m guessing this phrase fits in well with what your trying to say?

Yeah unfortunately I don’t get much time to ride so maybe I was pretending I’d been for one 😂

Weathers looking good for today though and the mrs has gone to London (even though I’ve just got back) so I’m planning on going for a ride!

Yes, I haven’t watched tv for months- it is far too depressing and most programs are just rubbish. I’ve even got fed up with watching Attenborough shoving the climate change stuff down our throats all the time.

So last night I came home (I’ve been working in London all week) and I had this massive urge just to open the garage and have a nosey. Not sure what made me do it but I just stood there admiring my bikes for a few minutes before closing the garage up and going in the house with a smile on my face. Surely I’m not the only person who’s done this?

Every day,

Am I weirdo :scratch:

Atleast I’m not alone, in my dream house I would have a glass wall between the garage and the living room so I could see all the toys whilst I’m watching tv/eating 👌

This will be my dream house/living room

93AE6943-6802-416E-B45C-69B6EEC5BFC6.thumb.jpeg.a7d1f38da83000d9cbfbe482c3ee03dd.jpeg

I read somewhere once;- “if you can get off your bike and walk away from it without looking back... then you’ve got the wrong bike.”

I’m guessing this phrase fits in well with what your trying to say?

You do in the summer. Your winter bike is rarely a thing of beauty.

At one time.. I would look at my bike and laugh out loud. Amused that someone of my age.. (late 30s at the time) even owned such a bike. Amused that.. given my biking history that I owned a bike like "That". and amused.. always amused that I owned a bike that looked like that and yet it rode so well. A bike that was a genuine rarity that at one time would attract a crowd of people some of whom would point and laugh.. and then look on in slack jawed amazement when I would stroll over and ride away.

That was then.. now, 21 years later its just another GS. albeit an old one. :mrgreen:

and its never seen the inside of a garage.

519469937_OldFaithful.png.6c8e1c5f6e8e641e8f05958f3e421f0f.png

• 4 months later...

Yes mate, horrible London commute does that to you

I've never really had a bike that sexy enough as to have a private few minutes to ogle at it. Even the NC, as much as I like it, is not what you'd call a stunner. To be fair, Honda engineering attracted me to that bike more than aesthetics. I'd say it's a cool bike; but not that cool. 8-)

I sit and smoke with my bike several times an evening, whack smooth fm on and turn on the light up her end.... Sometimes I even climb on board. Then I go back in, all done in 5min :drool:

I sit and smoke with my bike several times an evening, whack smooth fm on and turn on the light up her end.... Sometimes I even climb on board. Then I go back in, all done in 5min :drool:

I go out and have a smoke with mine to :D

I've never really had a bike that sexy enough as to have a private few minutes to ogle at it. Even the NC, as much as I like it, is not what you'd call a stunner. To be fair, Honda engineering attracted me to that bike more than aesthetics. I'd say it's a cool bike; but not that cool. 8-)

Beauty is more than skin deep!