A sad day! (MOD 2)

That's unlucky, but at least the only thing to take away from the test is what you already know - don't trust any other drivers and especially not their indicators! Number of times I've seen people going in the opposite direction that they're indicating is ridiculous. Sounds like you had a great ride overall though, take the positives from that and keep that mindset going into the next test and you'll do fine. :thumb:

I started my 'journey' :roll: to my license in September 2017 by registering here and stating my intent.

I booked and passed my theory test and then sat back and did nothing for a few months, and in July (I've looked back and checked) I read your post about how you had just passed your CBT and were looking for a bike.

Reading your post at that time made me think 'f**k this waiting around when she's just getting on with it' and I got on with booking my CBT and DAS.

So I was motivated in part by you [mention]elizabethf[/mention] and there are lots of us here invested in seeing you succeed.

I was shit at roundabouts for ages in my training and on different occasions I pulled out too late, too early and then started getting it more or less right - and now I get it right (mostly) with the help of the confidence and relief that gets issued to you with the MOD2 pass certificate.

You'll be good next time - and there will be lots of people here who are pleased as punch for you.

I did my drving tests over 30 years ago, if I have to take another test today I would fail it strait away. 100% :thumb:

Probably you that was going round he roundabout with the wrong indicator going then.

I did my drving tests over 30 years ago, if I have to take another test today I would fail it strait away. 100% :thumb:

Probably you that was going round he roundabout with the wrong indicator going then.

No I don’t use indicators at all, especially not in the roundabout, just 2 much hassle.

Except when in hurry and going wrong direction (anti clockwise) :angel12:

You'll get it next time :thumb:

Roundabouts still seem to be a mystery to a lot of people, we have a couple of lovely ones here (which are in test route) one fairly simple but large roundabout which for some reason just confuses everyone so have to be really observant as more likely than not there's a few in wrong lanes about to cut across.

A much weirder one is a 2 lane approach where you turn left from right hand lane dependant on which way you're going on 2nd roundabout, which really highlights those who don't follow street signs or blindly follow sat nav one direction at a time.

Added on to that the normal twats driving about anyway like you've had and it's a miracle at times anyone gets round.

Sorry bit of a ramble but not being able to use roundabouts properly ranks up there with not knowing national speed limits with me :lol:

Bad luck [mention]elizabethf[/mention] .......but the lesson learnt here is, never trust other road users to do what you think they're gonna do! Misuse of indicators or not using them at all is a real frustration of mine......and those that think that, because they've indicated they can just go ahead and carry out the manoeuvre and everyone else has to accommodate them. My company car is an Audi, and contrary to popular belief the indicators do actually work! :wink:

Anyway.....you should ace the retest mate..... 8-)

I too have an audi and can confirm the indicators work!

I booked and passed my theory test and then sat back and did nothing for a few months, and in July (I've looked back and checked) I read your post about how you had just passed your CBT and were looking for a bike.

Reading your post at that time made me think 'f**k this waiting around when she's just getting on with it' and I got on with booking my CBT and DAS.

So I was motivated in part by you [mention]elizabethf[/mention] and there are lots of us here invested in seeing you succeed.

Thank you, glad I could help a little!

A much weirder one is a 2 lane approach where you turn left from right hand lane dependant on which way you're going on 2nd roundabout, which really highlights those who don't follow street signs or blindly follow sat nav one direction at a time.

Yup we have a few roads like that! Which if used properly are effective but very few do.... which is weird because I recall using it almost every time I went out on my driving lessons!! Also came up on this test and I got no faults for. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

@elizabethf how goes the stropping? Did you biscuit fix it and has the 125 been forgiven yet?

The 125 is forgiven but after spending a few days on a 650 I feel like Im fighting it a bit still, willing it to be a bit more powerful.

No biscuits, I had a few days in such a strop i didnt feel like eating very much at all but then I was ok! Ive had a fair bit of cake since.

No more stopping. Just waiting for my new date now, and turning the sky blue whenever I see people driving like pricks and hoping they arent around on test day.

• 2 weeks later...

Attempt two. Identical outcome just at a crossroad not a roundabout. My road to go across as I got to the junction first (it was clear). Both of us going straight across. OR SO I THOUGHT. They just didnt indicate and then turned to their right.

No minors.

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME.

Not even sad, just empty.

No more spaces in Lincoln until January. Feel like Ill never pass.

I wish Id been the one to arrive at the junction later, just so I could sit back and let them faff around. I suppose they had probably tucked in like they were going to turn right but I was busy worrying about if i needed to do X checks, what the speed limit was once I picked speed back up etc.... the rest of my brain didnt really scan the other driver.

As I say, Im not sad or mad. Just meh!

Well I didn’t expect that. Pesky car drivers.

Some car drivers don’t think they have to indicate- conversation with my mother at a roundabout where she was going right-

Me gently- “You should indicate at a roundabout”

My mother- “Why I know where I’m going”

:twisted:

They say the harder you have to try to get something the more it means when you get it. One of the forum members (soz can’t remember who) said only people who’ve been through it understand it.

The tests you have to do are hard, pressurised and when a berk of a driver is involved also unfair so it will be so much sweeter when you get it.