My baby is here :)

learningtofly

New number plate. It looks a bit like 7''x5" but obviously that must be an optical illusion as it wouldn't be legal :booty:

i-Br5PCkK-XL.jpg

it is illegal where is the makers name and bs stamp ?

:shock:

The British Standard for number plates The British Standard sets out the characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. To meet the British Standard, each number plate must be permanently and legibly marked with the following information: •the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d) • the name, trademark or other way of identifying the manufacturer or supplier •the name and postcode of the supplying outlet.

taken from following doc

vehilce-registration-numbers-and_number-plates-inf104.pdf

it is illegal where is the makers name and bs stamp ?

:shock:

The British Standard for number plates The British Standard sets out the characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. To meet the British Standard, each number plate must be permanently and legibly marked with the following information: •the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d) • the name, trademark or other way of identifying the manufacturer or supplier •the name and postcode of the supplying outlet.

taken from following doc

vehilce-registration-numbers-and_number-plates-inf104.pdf

Errr... thanks :P

Have a look on the back of the plate, that’s where the BS number is on mine.

The suppliers name ( Dealer that sold the bike new ) is on the outside of my plate but covered by a red reflector as I’ve fitted a tail tidy, so it is on the plate, just not easily visible.

No pics as I don’t want my plate cloned - although anyone can see it when out and about there’s no need to publicise it quite so widely.

Well, I've just clocked up 500 miles, so the Street Twin goes in for its oil and filter change on Monday. That didn't take very long!

I've also got a couple of things waiting for me (hopefully), by way of minor mods. Firstly, I'm swapping out the two gloss finish side panels for the matt black versions, which match the engine casings (it's been driving me nuts, and I'm now paying more for the side panels than the cost of the paint upgrade would have been initially :scratch: ). This is how it'll look:

i-Hj97vCf-XL.jpg

And I'm fitting the black headlamp bezel and grille from the Scrambler.

i-F6VgN5n-XL.jpg

I'll post some photos when it's done :thumb:

Well, I've just clocked up 500 miles, so the Street Twin goes in for its oil and filter change on Monday. That didn't take very long!

I've also got a couple of things waiting for me (hopefully), by way of minor mods. Firstly, I'm swapping out the two gloss finish side panels for the matt black versions, which match the engine casings (it's been driving me nuts, and I'm now paying more for the side panels than the cost of the paint upgrade would have been initially :scratch: ). This is how it'll look:

i-Hj97vCf-XL.jpg

And I'm fitting the black headlamp bezel and grille from the Scrambler.

i-F6VgN5n-XL.jpg

I'll post some photos when it's done :thumb:

Hi LTF.....

If you like that headlamp grille, you'll love this:

">

It's baad-ass!

Enjoy!

Well, this is very embarrassing. :oops:

I took the Street Triple out for a two hour test today whilst my twin was having it's 500 mile tart-up, and absolutely fell in love with it. So much power on tap, and so light and manageable.

When I got back to the dealership, I was offered a potential "upgrade" that saw all my money back on the Twin, including what I spent on accessories (remember I got a hefty discount due to the new model), so i've basically just traded it in against a Street Triple R in jet black.

i-htcWTzk-XL.png

My thinking was that if I waited a few months I'd get hammered on the trade-in price, and with the new model widely available I'd find it near impossible to sell privately. This does mean that I have no discount on the price of the Triple, but all in all it's a not a bad result.

The Triple is as fast as I could ever want, much lighter (30+kg) than the Twin and is even narrower, so a joy to filter on and manoeuvre in and out of traffic. On the motorway it's an absolute joy. I think it really was the best decision I could have made.