Just collected my first bike!

ShouldKnowBetter

I passed my test just over a week ago and promptly (some would say foolishly) went and placed a deposit on a new bike. Went to pick it up this afternoon from the dealership and was a bag of nerves getting on and setting off. However, as soon as I got going I became much more relaxed as this really is a smooth and easy ride. Much easier than the training school bike I learned and did my test on.

Glad to say I made it back in one piece and I'm over the moon with the bike. Thanks to everyone on here for the valuable advice and guidance, and without further ado, here is it...

IMG_2345.thumb.JPG.448e2d4f8760ec2d5a66bf02dec4b18c.JPG

IMG_2347.thumb.JPG.d41b440fa78648a58b98e5e6179f35e5.JPG

Lovely congratulations. I have to admit I’m a bit jealous.... of your lovely empty garage, mines packed to the rafters with all sorts of unnecessary stuff!

I'm just jealous you've both got garages. Posh bast*rds lording it over us scum 🤴🏼

Lovely congratulations. I have to admit I’m a bit jealous.... of your lovely empty garage, mines packed to the rafters with all sorts of unnecessary stuff!

I'm just jealous you've both got garages. Posh bast*rds lording it over us scum 🤴🏼

Bloody right .. look at that ... his and hers pink scooters ... how the other half live hey??

I spent hours this weekend tidying up the garage and chucking stuff out to make room! Even put down an old rug that the missus was chucking out to keep the bike cosy :oops:

Double garage with electric doors thankyou very much lol

I spent hours this weekend tidying up the garage and chucking stuff out to make room! Even put down an old rug that the missus was chucking out to keep the bike cosy :oops:

No shame here. Mine have greenhouse heaters and duvets keeping them cosy. I will admit to a small amount of shame over the duvets for 9T but the multicoloured psychedelic kitten duvet covers were a 1/4 of the cost of the next cheapest thing. For good reason it turns out- they’re awful.

No shame here. Mine have greenhouse heaters and duvets keeping them cosy. I will admit to a small amount of shame over the duvets for 9T but the multicoloured psychedelic kitten duvet covers were a 1/4 of the cost of the next cheapest thing. For good reason it turns out- they’re awful.

Kitten duvet??

Is that a duvet stuffed with kittens? What tog?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Double garage with electric doors thankyou very much lol

That bike even has it's own carpet!

Beautiful bike might i add!

Im off to pick my first big bike up (hopefully today) and I'm quite nervous about the setting off! Like you though I'll feel ok once I get moving!

Lovely bike.

but, I have to say every time I see one of these Brand new "old style" bikes from Triumph it does take me back to the mid 1990s and an interview in "Motorcycle International" with John Bloor, when the Triumph factory was still making a huge loss and they only had 10 models. Bloor was asked about the historical bikes from Meriden/Coventry and if there were any plans to resurrect them and he was unequivocal; No.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done you, a great bike to own. I've been very fortunate in that I was able to buy a brand new bike after years of getting 2nd hand ones. I know the feeling you're getting by bringing it home for the first time.