Exhaust header wrap.

Not had experience with it, but in my simple mind anything that retains moisture close to metal is a bad thing !!

Unless it has magical water repellent properties.

The guys that I know that have done it have used a piece of string and wrapped it around the headers at the approximate spacing of the wrap to get the length they need......then hold it in place at either end with stainless wire...... 8-) Wear latex gloves when fitting it.....apparently it itches like f*ck if the fibres get into your skin..... :wink:

Not used it , I think it looks silly, especially on a CG125 café racer built in one weekend with an angle grinder, a tin of matt black and a piece of brown vinyl.😁 However, for practical purposes it sounds like a good solution to the problem. Am I right in believing that it is applied wet and shrinks to fit ?

Not used it , I think it looks silly, especially on a CG125 café racer built in one weekend with an angle grinder, a tin of matt black and a piece of brown vinyl.😁 However, for practical purposes it sounds like a good solution to the problem. Am I right in believing that it is applied wet and shrinks to fit ?

Correct-amundo. Full fitting instructions here:

">

Enjoy.

Beat me to it , I can't work out how to post vids .Did you catch the subliminal advert or did you blink ?

wp_ss_20181115_0001.thumb.png.c16ab2a3fb1fbb8248e5a01435079979.png

Edited by fastbob

• 1 month later...

wrapped the rear header on my 1199s without issue

And what's going on underneath ? Well you won't know until you take it off again . 😁

A lad I used to work with wrapped his exhaust in this stuff to try and keep the heat from his legs, commuting to work his exhaust didn’t last long before it rusted to pieces creating a rather large hole. Although in your case I think you’ll be fine as I can’t imagine the bike seeing much water/salt if any.

my bike had the wrap on when i brought it,it started to rip in places,so thought i would replace it.in the end decided to clean the exhaust up instead,

just a water and rust trap.took me hours to polish the exhaust back up to something like decent.still see in places where the wrap had been and no amount of polishing with polishing mops has removed it,just get some decent heat shields.