Yamaha ybr 125 no spark

Ads

Yes I have no ignition signal to ecu. I have replaced ignition switch as faulty. I have replaced stator as it was burnt. I have replaced ecu just in case. Still no spark :!: I have changed ht coil also nothing.

At the rate you are going it would have been cheaper to have replaced the whole bike ! 😁 I presume you have checked the cheap stuff like the lead and plug cap and the free stuff like the battery earth. The idea behind fault diagnosis is to find the fault by the cheapest route. I recommend a workshop manual and a multimeter .

Hi I just want to ask could it be the recifier that is faulty?

Well that's really part of the charging system as opposed to the ignition system . Having said that a faulty rec/reg can cause other problems like a blown ecu , burned tacho diodes and blowing lamps .

I bought it in June been working up till a month ago. Started stalling at junctions suspected blocked injector which is was, cleared injector put back. Old battery was not holding charge and then error 46 came up on dash. So I replaced battery. Found out burnt stator so replaced that and ecu. This cancelled the error code 46 and new code 19 came on dash. Had a look at ignition switch faulty with one wire snapped and key loose in ignition so replaced with new one. Last thing would be recifier so going to replace this and hope it works.

Thanks for all your help I have booked bike into local garage to get it fixed. :roll:

Well, nobody could accuse you of taking the easy way out :thumb:

No. the easy way out would be to take it to the nearest recyling centre and ask them to put it in a skip. :D

I still think its a bad earth connection. The big black lead from the battery which usually bolts to the engine somewhere.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that but he has changed just about everything it could be so a bad earth is probably the only remaining problem. I had a car like that once, which fired when cold but wouldn't start if the engine was hot. It turned out to be very slight corrosion between the terminal on the starter motor earth strap, and the car body. The terminal and earth lead looked fine but underneath the terminal it was really bad and caused a high resistance when the engine was warm, just enough to stop it starting. So easy to miss.

Hi everyone I got my motorbike fixed by motomax 33 great service. It turned out to be the ignition switch which was wired differently even though its for a fuel injection model so beware when buying aftermarket ones. Great to be back on motorbike. I kept the cost down in fixing most of stuff first so don't let it put you off. :wink:

Hi everyone I got my motorbike fixed by motomax 33 great service. It turned out to be the ignition switch which was wired differently even though its for a fuel injection model so beware when buying aftermarket ones. Great to be back on motorbike. I kept the cost down in fixing most of stuff first so don't let it put you off. :wink:

Great stuff. Thanks for the info and glad you are back on the road :thumb:

Hi is there any headlight bulb which are brighter than stock bulb for yamaha ybr 125 2007 35w bulb?

Have you looked on ebay? I found this: https://tinyurl.com/y7uy5alh

But you would need to check the bulb you have is the same fitting. Also if the light beam is the same otherwise you will dazzle other road users and likely fail an MOT test.