Bit depressed really...

emmajaneg

Oh no that’s awful. I feel for you I’d be devastated if someone nicked my bike.

Inanimate objects often mean a lot more to us than the money they cost. Jewellery is a good example, people are devastated when that’s nicked. As Fozzie said it represents more than just a thing.

And after you’ve just got your lovely gear sorted too. Such a shame.

I’m with fastbob on the getting into debt thing but if finance is the only way to go to get you back on the road then I’d probably go down that route too.

Be aware of the different APR’s available, if you’re not careful you can end up paying more than the original item cost. Check out loans as well- John Lewis is offering 2.8% (depending on your circumstances that is) which is much better than a credit card.

I'll bow out of this now, the truth doesn't seem to go down too well.

Sorry for any

It's a pointless truth that just comes across as trying to belittle someone's experience. You can take that kind of truth to illogical extremes but to what end; you think losing a child is upsetting try living through the holocaust, well you think that's bad try being locked up in Guantanamo and undergoing systematic torture on a daily basis, well you think... etc.

ultimately someone on the forum had their bike nicked, their pride and joy, and they wanted to share their experience, maybe for some sort of catharsis. Why can't you let that be?

Inanimate objects often mean a lot more to us than the money they cost. Jewellery is a good example, people are devastated when that’s nicked. As Fozzie said it represents more than just a thing.

I’m with fastbob on the getting into debt thing but if finance is the only way to go to get you back on the road then I’d probably go down that route too.

Be aware of the different APR’s available, if you’re not careful you can end up paying more than the original item cost. Check out loans as well- John Lewis is offering 2.8% (depending on your circumstances that is) which is much better than a credit card.

I am pretty devastated and all of you are so lovely honestly! I have considered getting a student credit card with a max of £500 but I'm not too sure yet.

Yeh, what SCM said..... but please, please, don't go down the CC route.... these "people" are little better than vampires.... once the teeth are in, game over. I'd think seriously about getting a doer-upper. Oh, and to the smug ars*hole who made the comment about council estates, we aren't all thieving scumbags. If you look at most Tory politicians, not many of them came from council estates, but........

You'll have bigger upsets coming your way throughout your life.

When in hole stop digging

Or alternatively, get in a 20 tonne excavator and make it worse.....

Emma, sorry to hear your bike got stolen, I hope you do get it back or get the nice shiny new one you’re planning on now.

It’s quite understandable that you’re upset and rightly so.

Yeh, what SCM said..... but please, please, don't go down the CC route.... these "people" are little better than vampires.... once the teeth are in, game over. I'd think seriously about getting a doer-upper. Oh, and to the smug ars*hole who made the comment about council estates, we aren't all thieving scumbags. If you look at most Tory politicians, not many of them came from council estates, but........

Lol :lol:

That sucks balls. :(

I'd cry forever if mine went. Even though i've hardly got to ride it.

I'll just echo others about going any route with the CC. Just, don't.

Wait a bit for your head to clear and then think about replacing the bike.

With a better way like a very low APR loan. CC's are the devil for people

who actually don't have the money to pay it off quickly. That is a rude

assumption that you don't have the money to pay it off quickly. But

if you could pay off quickly, some finance deals are a lot better, low APR,

able to pay off fast with no catch, etc.

Good Luck finding another bike!

Sorry to hear that, I know how you feel.

In 1992 I had an 18 month old GSXR750M for 3 weeks when that got nicked.

Sounds very familiar.

Mate of mine bought the same bike in Germany whilst serving over there.

Rode it home on leave. Yes you've guessed it. Nicked within days of being on west Yorkshire.....

Emma

OK Down here best actions if your bike is stolen are:

1) Post the hell out of it pictures of it on facebook, with obligatory young female only transport sob story (someone might have old bike going cheap?)..

2) Search Facebook for a local stolen bike recovery community (round here it's worth giving them permission to recover frequently they are cheaper than the police),

3) Inform Police (maybe do that first),

4) Search the local streets and alleyways in the area at first light or that night, they often do not move them far for a day or 2. You might have a tracker that can lead the police to where more stolen bikes are.

I HATE to say this but people have learned round here old beaten up scooters tend to get stollen less. Old beaten up looking bikes are also less likely to be stolen but more desirable.

Next advice would be don't park your bike in the same place regularly (Tough when its your home, work or boyfriends house!) and use a chain.

Agree with getting a fixer upper, learn to do the mechanics but if you cannot keep it in secure areas don't fix the looks. I know people who changed the brand or deliberately rough paint outboard on dinghies to make them less desirable/ more identifiable.

Maybe a rat bike is the way to go.

A perfectly functioning bike - usually painted Matt black ( the whole bike including wheels etc ) with various additional adornments such as rats / dolls heads etc to make it as scary and unappealing as possible, with the added bonus of any skags being worried that the owner might be just as horrible.

Not good!

Inform the police as already suggested! forget informing insurance as its pointless and will only put your insurance up at next quote!

Don't get a credit card to buy a bike on! get a low rate loan or a cheap run about

lastly get a new boyfriend!..................or get him to move :lol:

Not good!

Inform the police as already suggested! forget informing insurance as its pointless and will only put your insurance up at next quote!

Don't get a credit card to buy a bike on! get a low rate loan or a cheap run about

lastly get a new boyfriend!..................or get him to move :lol:

Get a new boyfriend, I think the girls had enough heartbreak for one day :D

Shocked at certain reaction, seriously wtf happened to a bit of empathy.

Anyway Emma gutted for you, hopefully it will show up or as mentioned the thieving twat gets rammed off the road.

Hmm let's draw a line under certain comments shall we as deleting shit seems like too much effort on a Monday.

Emma, totally sucks but agree with the anti credit card vibes - a small bank loan would be better or try save over winter (because riding in the cold sucks balls) and treat yourself in spring

Real sorry to hear that Emma. I remember reading your review for the YBR. I too am a YBR rider and to some folks they may be just little tiddlers but to me it is great as it is my first bike and I love it. I hope everything works out for you in a positive way.