Nob of the Day.......

Tango

It went like this-

“Well they sell the controllers separately so you must be able to use them without”

“Yes yes and I use them on full blast all the time anyway so no controller is probably the equivalent of full blast”

“Mmm yes that’s sound reasoning, what’s the worse that could happen anyway, I have to stop and unplug. In fact it would be stupid not to try it”

🔥 🔥 🔥

Reginald Revans lives!

The only similarity there is I might also be good on the long jump with that fire under my feet :D

This Yamaha rider

1.thumb.png.d55bf30465fea95f449b93f67fbb62b4.png

Who took the most amazing early turn in to a gentle right hand bend and nearly connected with my offisde wing

2.thumb.png.33d9aeb1467651f1b792894a673a40cf.png

I can only assume they exited the (equally innocuous) left hand bend badly and were in trouble for the right.

The only reason I'm referring to the rider as a nob (as I know we all make mistakes) was I don't want them catapulting over my bonnet on my conscience. And it would make the "Think Bike Think Biker" sticker in my rear window look a touch silly.

This is the turn from the rider's POV....

3.thumb.png.284b9db93f8764f4b7bac5b7d224229a.png

Actually on reflection, at the end of the day they would have only hurt themselves, my car would have been repairable.

Nob of the day is this idiot. I really cannot fathom how people drive with a wing mirror tucked in. I'd feel like I'd lost a limb, honestly. This moron somehow had BOTH.

4.png.819bfc9d49f282578dec523c3e0c5487.png

5.png.268e1bcb7d723c1d8827a3046c58fadf.png

Actually on reflection, at the end of the day they would have only hurt themselves, my car would have been repairable.

Nob of the day is this idiot. I really cannot fathom how people drive with a wing mirror tucked in. I'd feel like I'd lost a limb, honestly. This moron somehow had BOTH.

4.png

5.png

Electric folding mirrors could have packed in :? they could be on the way to get it fixed :?

No idea if a Polo of that age would come with electric folding mirrors, but can you not manually push them out if they weren't working? (I've never owned any)

its a VW anything is possible :lol: even if it didn't come with them you can retro fit them

Normally if you push them they break

[mention]SometimesSansEngine[/mention] I'm the same!

I drive for a living and wing mirrors are in constant use especially looking for those pesky cyclists who decide its a great idea to come up the nearside of a bus when they have a left indicator on :evil:

@SometimesSansEngine I'm the same!

I drive for a living and wing mirrors are in constant use especially looking for those pesky cyclists who decide its a great idea to come up the nearside of a bus when they have a left indicator on :evil:

And, predictably, those cyclists who filter up the nearside of a lorry or coach while coming up to a junction on the left and are then crushed as the vehicle turns left.

But it's always the poor bus/lorry driver's fault and then we have the shrill demands for vehicles to be festooned with extra mirrors, cameras, etc. I just think of it as evolution in action.

And, predictably, those cyclists who filter up the nearside of a lorry or coach while coming up to a junction on the left and are then crushed as the vehicle turns left.

But it's always the poor bus/lorry driver's fault and then we have the shrill demands for vehicles to be festooned with extra mirrors, cameras, etc. I just think of it as evolution in action.

Same here I just don't understand ppl who don't use there mirrors .EVEN revresing I can't look over my shoulder I HAVE to use my mirrors .so when I'm riding my bike down a bus lane (which is green tarmac) and a cement mixer lorry decides to move to the left while I'm slap bang in the middle of the lorry finger on the horn while being forced in to the curb tying not be crushed ..

So I don't understand why don't use there mirrors ...

That's why I'm happy to smash them if they cut me up .. if your not going to use them I'll remove them for you ...

@SometimesSansEngine I'm the same!

Not many are taken out by a bus! its usually wagons! with a bus being lower you can see all the way down the side where as on a wagon they can't due to the height of the mirrors

• 2 weeks later...

Mr White Van Man.......yes, I'm going to let that truck that's indicating move out to overtake.....no matter how close you get to my rear bumper and wave your hands about.......I'm not about to risk getting squashed by a truck....... :roll: F*ckin d*ck head!!!

Me! I fluffed up pulling up to fill the petrol tank and parked far too close. I didn't want to push and pull the bike around to get to a better place so just went with it but when I went to get back on my foot got tangled in the hoses and I nearly fell over with the bike 😂 oops!

Yesterday it was the guy wandering about on the m11 hard shoulder near a slip road off. No broken down car or anything in sight so no idea where he had come from but not a good idea.

Yesterday it was the guy wandering about on the m11 hard shoulder near a slip road off. No broken down car or anything in sight so no idea where he had come from but not a good idea.

... At least he wasn't towing a caravan the wrong way down it........ like they do round here :thumb:

BMW driver on M53 junction near Cheshire Oaks going like the clappers (I was doing 70 and he flew past me) who suddenly decided he needed to get from the BMW lane to the exit at the very last minute.

Cut across 5 lanes of traffic, the inner two of which had vehicles merging so it was a harzardous situation to begin with.

Total arrogance displayed to all other road users.

Nob of the century...

I head the story of this twat on the radio today in me car , I nearly had to pull over through laughing , what the fook is wrong with people :lol:

https://www.thedailystar.net/world/news/us-man-killed-remote-island-tribe-1663858

Now International Christian Concern want charges pressed- someone suggested they go over to serve the papers :P

Nob of the century...

I head the story of this twat on the radio today in me car , I nearly had to :tumble: pull over through laughing , what the fook is wrong with people :lol:

https://www.thedailystar.net/world/news/us-man-killed-remote-island-tribe-1663858

:lol:

Now International Christian Concern want charges pressed- someone suggested they go over to serve the papers :P

Good luck to em with that ;)

Nob of the century...

I head the story of this twat on the radio today in me car , I nearly had to pull over through laughing , what the fook is wrong with people :lol:

if there is a god I'm much more inclined to think it's the tribes god that exists and not that of the arrogant, self righteous twat who got what was coming to him.

The Volvo estate that decided to jump the lights by going on the wrong side of the road and squeeze me into a bus. Fortunately everybody was going less 10 mph and no damage occurred. I didn't even get a chance to remonstrate as the Volvo disappeared up a side road. Some people are so impatient.

Me today had a nice little trundle about the place and pulled up at the lights, a guy pulled along side me and says “that looks amazing, I love it, it just looks great” I reply “aah thanks” and we have a brief exchange about the bike before the lights change. I’m feeling a little buoyed up by his enthusiasm and this lovely little encounter when for the first time in donkeys I go to pull away and stall my bike in first so violently that for a brief moment I thought it’s going down, this didn’t concern me for long though as the force of the stall catapulted a huge amount of snot out of my nose over my face.... I’m not sure which one of us was more horrified.... not feeling so cool now eh!