Blues and (briefly) Twos.

Gerontious

And it was aimed at me!!

First time ever... just down the hill from my house.

"Good afternoon Sir, how long have you had this Motorcycle?"

"I collected it yesterday. It was insured from Tuesday"

"Aah.. no problem, as far as our system is concerned it doesn't exist."

"Can I see your license?"

I gave it to him.. he looked at it, handed it back and said: "It might be an idea if you carried your receipt or insurance certificate for the next week, just in case you meet the wrong copper... I see you live just up the road. No problem and My apologies if I gave you a fright."

and that was that.

I got stopped years ago, producer for documents, off to local nick I went, 3 weeks later summons for me not holding a license at all, looked in wallet yup still there, called them, nope sir dvla say you never passed your test, wtf, I applied for another licence which arrived before court date, rang to say I now have 2 licences, they didn't like that, your not supposed to have 2 lol, they still proceeded with prosecution, obviously they failed, I had to surrender my original license though.

Sometimes they are a bit mental and having your docs is no guarantee lol, glad they were on the ball really the bike tho.

Wait till your stopped by the police who tell you your not insured to carry a passenger. When.you tell them if all ways had insurance to carry a passenger then the cop says !!! you done your insurance by a comparison site !!! Yes 2 months ago .. ok what ill do is i give ypu a producer i wont impound the bike you got 7 or 14 days to go to a police station of your choice with MOT .insurance showing you got cover for passenger and your licence.. .. also a ticket for riding with out correct insurance....

So calls the insurance . Sorry we can't help as we just here for claims and new business. Can you call back Monday.. ( this is 8pm Friday night ) so calls back Saturday. Gets a reply sorry we have sent.you the information in the post ..thank you hangs up ....???? Calls again same thing ... so calls back Monday. We have sent.you a reply it should be with you ?????? WTF is going on

Later the post arrives.. 1st class recorded B4 1pm .. they changed the details on the on line form I filed out !!we have removed the passaanger carrying part to give you a cheaper quote ... also here is a new insurance certificate and new shedual ALL DATED FRIDAY i called ..

So ends up in court shows the magistrate the letters and he says it up to me to read these b4 I ride it drive my car . WTF so I said I only had them on the Monday. Also it says THEY CHANGED IT and in section 5 were the exclusions are is blank ...

Hmmmm yes ok all charges dismissed. Free to go . I'm sorry about this ..

BUT IF YOU APAEAR B4 ME AGAIN WITH THIS MATTER this case will be heard again . Good day ..

Wait till your stopped by the police who tell you your not insured to carry a passenger.

That won't happen. Im not insured to carry pillions and so will never be stopped for that specific reason.

And I don't have a car license. Never even had a lesson.

Wait till your stopped by the police who tell you your not insured to carry a passenger.

That won't happen. Im not insured to carry pillions and so will never be stopped for that specific reason.

And I don't have a car license. Never even had a lesson.

Yep, not a legal requirement, all it means if you have an accident with a pillion they can't claim for anything.

Worse case is if they are injured they could sue you and you'd have to pay out of own pocket if they won.

I got my 125 brand new and took weeks for registration to arrive, when it turned up was not registered until a couple of weeks after I bought it, never got stopped but effectively got an extra 2 weeks on tax and first MOT :thumb: