Bit depressed really...

emmajaneg

That sucks balls. :(

I'd cry forever if mine went. Even though i've hardly got to ride it.

I'll just echo others about going any route with the CC. Just, don't.

Wait a bit for your head to clear and then think about replacing the bike.

With a better way like a very low APR loan. CC's are the devil for people

who actually don't have the money to pay it off quickly. That is a rude

assumption that you don't have the money to pay it off quickly. But

if you could pay off quickly, some finance deals are a lot better, low APR,

able to pay off fast with no catch, etc.

Good Luck finding another bike!

My problem is, I don't have enough money to do finance as I've already researched this quite a bit, and I really need a motorbike to get to college etc so I am very desperate and ATM only have about £300.

Real sorry to hear that Emma. I remember reading your review for the YBR. I too am a YBR rider and to some folks they may be just little tiddlers but to me it is great as it is my first bike and I love it. I hope everything works out for you in a positive way.

Thank you, honestly people like you make me smile :)

Real sorry to hear that Emma. I remember reading your review for the YBR. I too am a YBR rider and to some folks they may be just little tiddlers but to me it is great as it is my first bike and I love it. I hope everything works out for you in a positive way.

To be fair I never really get some people having that view of 125s, we all started somewhere,some of us on 50s!, I did and a 125 seemed like a huge step up when I was 16, to be honest if I were getting a bike for commuting I’d quite happily ride a 125 now.

I hope the OP gets a new bike sorted soon and that it brings her more luck than the last one.

[mention]emmajaneg[/mention] Sorry to hear your bike was stolen, such a horrible feeling.

I remember feeling very angry when mine was stolen, because there's the knowledge the thieves are just having fun and don't give a damn about the consequences for the owner - losing a treasured possession and having to try and scape together the money for a replacement -especially as you need it for transport not just fun.

Hope you can get a replacement bike before too long, good luck!

bast*rds. sorry to hear /read you had your bike stolen save up or get a bank lone keep away from credit cards as you never pay them off all ways have to pay them dead money (high interest) Can you ride a push bike or is it to far to go . Few years ago I had cash flow probs (one way away from me ) I used a push bike for 7 months from June right thro the winter ( ruddy nuts i tell you ) till i had enought to ahow the bank i could save and got a bank.lone .. ..

hmmm i would not post that

A: you need the money

b: your desperate for said money.

there are some right weirdos on here ..

True there are worst things that can happen and in some ways it is a minor blip in the scheme of things but this is your current crisis so it will be emotional

don't rush into buying a bike for the sake of having a bike . research and if its not the best you can afford ..walk away .

hmmm i would not post that

A: you need the money

b: your desperate for said money.

there are some right weirdos on here ..

Yeah but thats why there are report functions in messages and thread comments and also the ability to make people foes...

Yeh, what SCM said..... but please, please, don't go down the CC route.... these "people" are little better than vampires.... once the teeth are in, game over. I'd think seriously about getting a doer-upper. Oh, and to the smug ars*hole who made the comment about council estates, we aren't all thieving scumbags. If you look at most Tory politicians, not many of them came from council estates, but........

Which is why I specifically said it's normally chavs, to avoid tarnishing anyone else.

There's good and bad in all groups as you point out with tories and the background they generally come from.

Just to add some balance re credit cards. I use 0% purchase card deals to pay for things like insurance etc as I just set a direct debit to take it out as fast as reasonably possible.

Barclays do a 0% credit card for 27 months at the moment. If you bought a bike on that and set a direct debit to pay the bike off in the deal time as a minimum, then you can always pay it off faster by making extra payments.

At the end of it you'd likely have a good credit rating, and a bike to show for it. Credit cards demand being used with care though, so I'd suggest when the bike is paid for, you lock the card away and avoid using it again.

Yeh, what SCM said..... but please, please, don't go down the CC route.... these "people" are little better than vampires.... once the teeth are in, game over. I'd think seriously about getting a doer-upper. Oh, and to the smug ars*hole who made the comment about council estates, we aren't all thieving scumbags. If you look at most Tory politicians, not many of them came from council estates, but........

Which is why I specifically said it's normally chavs, to avoid tarnishing anyone else.

There's good and bad in all groups as you point out with tories and the background they generally come from.

Just to add some balance re credit cards. I use 0% purchase card deals to pay for things like insurance etc as I just set a direct debit to take it out as fast as reasonably possible.

Barclays do a 0% credit card for 27 months at the moment. If you bought a bike on that and set a direct debit to pay the bike off in the deal time as a minimum, then you can always pay it off faster by making extra payments.

At the end of it you'd likely have a good credit rating, and a bike to show for it. Credit cards demand being used with care though, so I'd suggest when the bike is paid for, you lock the card away and avoid using it again.

Pretty much what he says about CC. A 0% interest one sounds good, you just have to be so, so damn careful with them and if you have any impulse buying attitude in you,

steer clear. I know far too many people who 'don't have the money' and look at CC as a 'free' way to get stuff, while not being able to pay it off.

As you say, I realise you're low on the money and need the bike. But debt isn't something you want on top of that, just to have a bike.

Hope you're able to sort it though! I was looking at a YBR, nice and small. And can get them for a good price usually too.

My Varadero is a hefty thing to do U-turns on, attempted them last night. :lol:

That's a horrible thing to have happened, Emma. I can understand that you'd be really upset about it, so ignore the silly comments posted earlier in this thread.

Have a good think about next steps, as there's no need to jump into anything too quickly. We're also facing a couple of months of (no doubt) horrible weather, so unless you need a bike to get around on right now, perhaps consider waiting until the spring when you'll be able to enjoy a new ride properly. Perhaps you could even save up a few quid between now and then.

Sorry to hear about your bike, these ar*eholes just don’t think or care about how their actions impact people, especially when someone has had to scrimp and save for something that means a lot to them. I hope the little a rotes hurt themselves In the process of nicking it.

There’s still a slim chance of it being recovered so, like other suggested, maybe take a look around some of the local areas where it might have been used for joy riding and it might even be lying abandoned.

Good luck.

[mention]emmajaneg[/mention] how’s it going? Have you decided yet whether to hang fire til spring or has the burning desire to get another bike (and the need to get to college 😬) won out?

When you get another bike now or after crimbo sometime remember to post a pic here so we can all enjoy your triumphant return :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your bike Emma.........is there somewhere near your boyfriends place where the kids ride off road? ......chances are it'll be in woods or rough ground near there.......worth taking a look around. Hopefully you'll get lucky and find it.

So sorry to hear you lost your baby Emma. Surprised at some of the comments especially on a bike forum.

It took me 20 years to get my bike. She is my baby as i’ll never be giving birth to a human in my lifetime; no thanks.

A couple of months after i got her, i had a dream that she was stolen, it was only a dream! and even that made me feel depressed that whole morning! Crazy i know. So i can only imagine how you feel.

I hope you manage to get a new one soon.

• 2 weeks later...

@emmajaneg how’s it going? Have you decided yet whether to hang fire til spring or has the burning desire to get another bike (and the need to get to college 😬) won out?

When you get another bike now or after crimbo sometime remember to post a pic here so we can all enjoy your triumphant return :thumb:

I’ve actually just picked up my new bike! It’s the same bike - YBR 125 - but it’s a newer one. Went to pick it up in -4 winds too :)